Hobo With A Shotgun

Tools    

I liked the color saturation from the RED in this. Most films these days go kind of washed out and bland. I thought the color was rich and very nice, kind of like film. The movie sucked, however. I love Rutger, though.

Welcome to the human race...
Major disappointment.

EDIT: Heh, got repped just for those two words alone.

Yup, that was me. Two words that sum up my thoughts exactly.

Hobo With A Shotgun came off more like a Troma movie than genuine grindhouse fare to me. Rubbery effects, and over-the-top violence pushing the envelope into misfiring black comedy, and lame cult parody. Sure I can see the influences and in-jokes, but I'd rather watch the genuine article.

Hobo With A Shotgun came off more like a Troma movie than genuine grindhouse fare to me. Rubbery effects, and over-the-top violence pushing the envelope into misfiring black comedy, and lame cult parody. Sure I can see the influences and in-jokes, but I'd rather watch the genuine article.
This is exactly how I feel about these new 'grindhouse' and why I've not seen this, nor Machete. I didn't see why any of the trailers in Grindhouse would make great films. It's also why I thought Eli Roth's Thanksgiving would've, probably, made the best film out of the trailers. But then we live in a world where people like Planet Terror more than Death Proof, even though the latter is much more like (and a better homage) to the films that inspired Grindhouse. With that in mind, you could argue that, ironically, we're not the target market for these films.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
A lot of people said it tried too hard, but I liked it well enough. I thought the sub plot with the Plague was a bit odd. I actually enjoyed this more than Machete, cause it felt grittier. Machete was too clean cut and political for me.

Suspect's Reviews

I thought Eli Roth's Thanksgiving would've, probably, made the best film out of the trailers.
I think Roth's Thanksgiving is the most authentic of the fake grindhouse trailers, but I'm not sure the world needs yet another generic slasher flick

With that in mind, you could argue that, ironically, we're not the target market for these films.
I think that's a very interesting and valid argument. The new wave of exploitation era influenced flicks are inevitably aimed at fifteen to thirty year old males (despite their ratings) i.e. the youth market. Funny because when I took Kathy to see Hobo; the theatre was empty save for five or six middle aged men sat on their own. Now that's grindhouse.

Welcome to the human race...
I don't know, I fit the broad "youth market" demographic and I'm starting to get a little tired of these kind of movies.