Saddest movie you have seen

Tools    

I Am Sam!

THE SADDEST movie I have ever seen is The Green Mile. It is tear-worthy. This is THE ONLY movie I have ever cried in. I cried so much.

I don't know if I call it the saddest for sure, but Fearless comes to mind.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

The only one I can think of is The Fighting Sullivans, it came out in about 1948, its a true story about four brothers who were on a ship in The Battle Of The Coral Sea and it was torpedoed and they were all killed. Its one of those kind of movies that had funny parts and sad parts, one of the best scenes in it is where the boys father caught them smoking and waht he did to punish them. A must-see for sure.

Easy, The 40-year-old-virgin.

Schindler's List fa shooo

I cried like a damn schoolgirl at the end of Marley & Me - as did everyone I was with. It was like some sort of orgy of sadness. Anyone who didn't feel at least a twinge of sadness doesn't have a soul as far as I'm concerned.

An American Crime is an extremely sad film, as well.

Nice to see someone brought up this film:

I cry everytime I see the end sequence, on top of all the harrowing stuff it has that haunting piece of score music from Mychael Danna.

The last film to make me cry was this fantastic Spanish film:

I started to cry at the scene where Laura is holding
WARNING: "The Orphanage" spoilers below
her child but then the child disappears and she is left just holding the blanket, then she finds a body on the floor behind her and she begins to realise the horrifying truth. - The worst part was seeing her realise it was her who blocked the secret door that trapped her child down in the basement and that all the 'ghost noises' was just her son trying to get out. And sad to think none of this would have happened if only she had gone to see where her son's new friend lives...

One of the best horror/supernatural films to come out in years, just brilliant.

The first movie that came to mind was United 93.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but I'd have to go with Dances With Wolves. I mean who wouldn't get teary eyed when the soldiers shoot Two Socks the wolf. Oh and there's the whole fading of the frontier and genocide of the natives and all that.

The notebook got nothing on Blue Valentine. The thing about The Notebook was that it was a sort of sweet kind of sad but Blue Valentine was just straight up sad.

Another is The boy in the striped pajamas.

Two films i can think of that made me really really really sad.. I can't help but sympathized with the characters.
-A Moment To Remember,a Korean film, the first film that made me teary-eyed.
-Bridge to Terabithia. I remember watching this when i was in high school. The sudden death of his only friend was extremely sad, I can't get over it for like a whole day.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I cried like a damn schoolgirl at the end of Marley & Me - as did everyone I was with. It was like some sort of orgy of sadness. Anyone who didn't feel at least a twinge of sadness doesn't have a soul as far as I'm concerned.

An American Crime is an extremely sad film, as well.
Yeah Marley and Me. My 30 min battle with my own tears at the end of that film is legend.

Another is The boy in the striped pajamas.
Boy in the Striped Pajamas was absolutely morbid.

"Before the Rain"

by Milcho Manchevski
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	images+%25282%2529.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	7535