2012 (The movie)

→ in
Tools    

I can't believe no ones done a review of this movie yet...I just watched it, very engageing film...They inserted many different recognizable stars in this movie, including the Dali Lama, who played himself....

I'll do a more thorough review later...but if anyone else has seen this movie, feel free to add your thoughts and opinions of it...

it had goods parts but it's different than your typical disaster movie. It is pretty long for that type of movie as well with 2h40m.

I love the effects!

"photographers" Pfft! Dang single framers!
Wow. I haven't seen it yet. What caused it to suck, SoulInside? Was it "too" commercial? That's my suspicion. Emmerich usually stays safely within the general mass. It was my beef with Independence day.

It is a very popular movie . But i am surprised to see that is not nominated for the OSCAR award. This is just not a movie there is a lesson lies in it. People should take it.

Employee of the Month
Wow. I haven't seen it yet. What caused it to suck, SoulInside? Was it "too" commercial? That's my suspicion. Emmerich usually stays safely within the general mass. It was my beef with Independence day.

He does, but that`s not my point. Taste is a matter of choice (I just love ID4), but not quality. So, like The Day after tomorrow, Godzilla and 10.000 B.C. this movie is a big, loud nothing, with well-known standards, stolen ideas and many, many, many ridicolous scenes imho. John Cusack,n Amanda Peet and the rest of the cast, were not able to make a difference. Just my two Euro-cents.

He does, but that`s not my point. Taste is a matter of choice (I just love ID4), but not quality. So, like The Day after tomorrow, Godzilla and 10.000 B.C. this movie is a big, loud nothing, with well-known standards, stolen ideas and many, many, many ridicolous scenes imho. John Cusack,n Amanda Peet and the rest of the cast, were not able to make a difference. Just my two Euro-cents.
Your opinion is as good as anyone else's and I respect it.

Good choice. We are polite and we get along with each other.
Is that not the only way to be?

I really enjoyed the special effects in this movie but, I found it so far beyond belief that it became mundane after a while.

I really really liked Zlatko Buric's character. I know he was a total wank, but I'd love to see more of him in movies.

Okay, the first thing I'd like to say is, ignore those comments from members who belong to 'the worst movie ever club!!' These members think it is way cool to label every slightly disappointing movie as ' the worst movie ever' and emphasize their juvenility with tons of exclamation marks. They think it is way cool to trash movies.

The movie just isn't that bad. It's not that great either so ignore those who gush and tell you how awesome it is and rate it 10 out of 10.
This is a film best viewed in the movie theaters on the largest screen possible to enjoy the thrilling sensation of cities breaking up, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions. This is indeed a thrilling roller-coaster ride. It is best to leave your brain at home, however, as you will cringe at the clichés, the schmaltz, and the absurdities. That doesn't make it the worst film ever, though. So go for the ride and enjoy the CG effects.

I haven't finished it. I watched an hour of it - and there was still another hour left. I'll get to it sometime, but at the time, I was like, NUH UH! The first hour was LOOOOOOONG and mostly boring. Ridiculous, also. They survive all kinds of disasters just by flying through it. Plus, they were still introducing new characters by the second hour.

Woody Harrelson's role was odd. He at least showed some butt crack - he has a nice butt, but he is getting uglier these days.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I watched this Saturday and while I went in thinking it would be just some dumb disaster flick, it turned out to be a dumb disaster flick! And I had the greatest time watching it! I even want to see it again.

It's was fun! The White House was crushed by a naval ship; the Vatican was knocked over, and California sunk into the ocean. It was great!

I'm theorizing the film was tongue and cheek on purpose.. I hope so anyway.

Cusack made it enjoyable too. He was looking at a map and saw that they had to fly to China and he says, "I think we're gonna need a bigger ship." I laughed for like 10 minutes, which was rather weird since it wasn't that funny.... (I also thought back to Jaws, lol).

Anyway, I thought it was all in good fun.

I agree totally Tramp, I think your take on it is how it was meant to be seen. I enjoy it for what it is. I had a few issues with it, but nothing that ruined it If you ever see the alt' ending on dvd remind yourself that it is the lamest thing ever.

I watched this Saturday and while I went in thinking it would be just some dumb disaster flick, it turned out to be a dumb disaster flick! And I had the greatest time watching it! I even want to see it again.

It's was fun! The White House was crushed by a naval ship; the Vatican was knocked over, and California sunk into the ocean. It was great!

I'm theorizing the film was tongue and cheek on purpose.. I hope so anyway.

Cusack made it enjoyable too. He was looking at a map and saw that they had to fly to China and he says, "I think we're gonna need a bigger ship." I laughed for like 10 minutes, which was rather weird since it wasn't that funny.... (I also thought back to Jaws, lol).

Anyway, I thought it was all in good fun.

Well said, me too.

That Cali scene was fantastic!

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I agree totally Tramp, I think your take on it is how it was meant to be seen. I enjoy it for what it is. I had a few issues with it, but nothing that ruined it If you ever see the alt' ending on dvd remind yourself that it is the lamest thing ever.
Awww, I liked the alternate ending! It was so sweet with Dad surviving on that ship in the middle of the ocean on that rock....

Besides, I hadn't seen George Segal in a long time!

Rule Britannia....
Watching Jesus statue collapsing was something phenomenal,wasn't it?
gotta love those hidden details......

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I watched this last night for the first time and thought it was a visualy stunning movie and thought the film itself was great. Imo it wipes the floor with The Day After Tomorrow and it is definatly the best disaster flick I have seen in a long time.