Blade Trinity

→ in
Tools    

Someone Save Us College Kids
Originally Posted by blackashjester
lol, sweet, u think i could get that for a mac? jk
and thnx caitlyn, ill watch myself from now on
Other then that miss hap. Welcome to the site.

Someone Save Us College Kids
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
Ahhhhh! No officer...I have no idea why you just pulled me over.

It's my cousin's, brother's, mama's car. Honest!
(two Days Later)

So what are you in for?

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Frank Castle
(two Days Later)

So what are you in for?

"Lawyer f' ked me".

Blade: Trinity is an innocuous movie that could have been better but it also could have been much worse. There was a level of disconnect with every character that I wasn’t happy about but you don’t go to these type of movies looking for deep characterization or an epic plot. You go looking for hard core action and vampire killing fun. Blade: Trinity certainly delivers on those two fronts. It’s far better then that gory mess of a movie Blade 2 but it’s not nearly as good as the original Blade film. I did like the two new characters, Hannibal King and Abigail. The best part of the film is when each character is introduced (or re-introduced) to the audience. Blade stepping through a fiery vampire corpse, Abigail teeing off on a band of vampires or King sending a flaming vampire through the two-way mirror was classic stuff. One thing I don’t understand is why was King so tough? If he was now a normal human, why could he trade punches with a hulk sized vampire? Also, why did Whistler and Blade just go nuts and open fire on the FBI when they raided their place early in the film? Whistler just got done preaching to Blade about killing normal humans and then in the very next scene he’s opening fire with a shotgun on them. The climax was cool but I thought it would be more epic like the final fight in Blade 2. Minor quibbles aside, I did enjoy this film and I think it’s the perfect spot to end the Blade Trilogy and it’s one fun time at the cinema.

I am the Nightrider!
Well, after well over two and a half years of high anticipation, the third installment of "Blade" is finally upon us, and I'm sorry to say, it wasn't anything special, especially when it had to follow the greatness that was "Blade II."

Part three opens up in Syria, where a group of vampires led by Danica Talos (Parker Posey) enter an ancient temple which inside holds the burial site of a legendary vampire, yeah you guessed it, Count Dracula (Dominic Purcell). He is awakened in a ploy to lead the vamps to total world domination.

Meanwhile, Blade (Wesley Snipes) is still kickin’ vamp-ass back home in the States. However, in a rather interesting turn, Blade is fooled when he kills a human who is disguised as a vampire and in a frame-up, caught on tape doing so, this alerting the FBI to his presence. Blade blows this off as usual and returns to home base, but Blade’s mentor Whistler (a tired but still able Kris Kristofferson), warns Blade that this is something to worry over, for in the public’s eye, it’s cold-blooded-murder!

After a few leads, the FBI locates Blade’s domain and raids it. But Blade and Whistler fight on, unfortunately Whistler gets severely wounded and dies (for good this time), taking some Feds with him, when he self-detonates the lair. Blade is then captured and taken into custody. Not bad so far…

While in custody, Blade is interrogated by a psychologist (working for the vamps) who requests that he be transferred to a hospital, most-likely to be terminated, which then gets Blade out of the way for the vamps' ploy, but Blade is then rescued by young vamp-hunters Abigail Whistler (the sexy Jessica Biel), the daughter of you know who, and Hannibal King (the annoying as all f*ck Ryan Reynolds), who was once a vamp and was converted back. Good action/escape scene here! The vamp-hunter duo, take Blade to their domain where they have a team of their own, basically all youngens. They, like Whistler, keep up with technology and create different weapons and mass vamp destruction. Too bad, these characters are all uninteresting; they should've kept Whistler!

They alert Blade to the fact that the first vampire that started it all, Dracula has been awakened and the vamps plan to conquer the known world. But the little anti-vamp squad has a cure to kill him, but will it kill Blade as well? I’ll stop here!

David S. Goyer, writer of all the "Blade" films, makes his directorial debut here, and a decent job he does, but let's face it, he's fresh-meat and should not have been given the duty to follow up the greatness Guillermo Del Toro gave us with the second installment. With "Blade: Trinity", I expected director Goyer (who knows this material quite well being the writer), to somewhat surpass or least match part two...but it falls short...and I'll tell you why.

First off, the action. Yeah, it has some, mind you some cool kick-ass action scenes, but after seeing the turbo-boost of ass-kicking in "Blade II," you are left saying to yourself "well alright." But hey, it always cool to see vampires turn to ash in a "Blade" flick...but Goyer should have given us more, much more!

Secondly, the gore. Almost non-existant. The first two films were gore fests (especially part II), here...elements of gore...mere cameos. Total let-down...

Third. Why the f*ck did they put ‘Van Wilder’ in this movie???!!! I remember when I heard Ryan Reynolds was going to be in this, and I said "oh no," but then I thought, well if Ashton Kutcher (and I can't stand him) can do an impressive serious turn in "The Butterfly Effect," I'm sure Reynolds can knock this vamp-hunter role out no problem...but wrong. He annoyed me, he was too much comic-relief, in a film that supposed to be a dark, horror-actioner! Yeah, he has a few funny moments, but I'm sorry guys, throwing 'Van Wilder' in this movie and having him play a wise-crackin' bad-ass vamp hunter, was just ridiculous!

At lastly, the story was pretty weak. I mean it was a good story, but it was half-assed. I mean the villain is Dracula, and you'd think they'd go out all on this, but they don't. So much more and so much better could’ve been done!

On the good side:

Snipes is still in great form, never loses his character, he's the same Blade since day one.

As I said before, the action is cool, even though it doesn't measure to the second film. There's a really cool car chase scene in the beginning, just wish it was a bit longer. Blade also has a few new gadgets, those were cool. Jessica Biel was very good in her role, ultra-sexy and looks good kickin' ass! Parker Posey steals the scenes she's in as the secondary villain, looking grotesquely sexy and evil. Dracula, although underused, was also cool...the fight between him and Blade is great, but again, too short for my taste.

Overall, "Blade: Trinity", although entertaining, is a disappointment. It's definitely the weakest of the trilogy. I enjoyed it, simply because I enjoy the "Blade" films. But this was half-assed...and when you have a solid sequel like "Blade II" to follow up on, you don't give a rookie director this task, you get someone that knows he can do the job accordingly. Goyer is a great writer, but I think he should've stuck to just writing this venture!

-UJ

I watched this one again after it came out on DVD and, well, i returned it shortly after. Dracula and the other villians suck balls, literally. There's minimal threat or menace, no horror element what so ever. As UJ says, no gore or gratuitous violence. Whistler was wasted, instead of the new Nightstalkers, good ole Whistler would have sufficed. The plot was pointless, Dracula was soo gay and the effetcs sucked. It's such a shame, after the excellent Blade 2 and the nice starter Blade, Trinity falls flat on it's face trying to match these and then surpass them. Only real Blade fans should give this a go.

1/5

No one mentioned the fact that Wesley Snipes was locked out of the creative editing and or directing and or production part of this movie....that's why the movie has, had, a distincly different feel to it...

The producers of this movie felt his input was not needed...even though it was his input that made 1,2 so historically popular....

The box office sales fell way short of 1,2...and Snipes eventually filed a lawsuit...

the chemistry just wasn't there in this one, between cast and crew..

And the injected humor just got to be a bit to much...they did not need to cast a bald headed version of Jay Leno in this movie...he got ridiculasly annoying...

Blades character looked unhealthy to me, like he had aged by years...his skin was no longer young, tight, and smooth...

I rented the DVD once, and will never do so again...where as I'll continue watching 1.2 for years to come...