What do you eat when you're at the movies?

Tools    

There's something about the smell of popcorn that's magic. Movies and good times. But I'm very conflicted. I get to the theater early to get a good seat. But I also don't like to eat my popcorn until the movie starts. So the popcorn is getting cold. Oh, yeah, I'm a sad case.

I went through a period when I was combining popcorn with a Hershey's milk chocolate bar. Something about the taste of salty and sweet.

Nowadays, with three kids (one son, two nieces) in tow, even the matinee price is eating into the budget, so we get the large popcorn and my wife smuggles in bottled water in a baggy purse. She's been known to load up on Auntie Anne's pretzels too.

I usually go to the AMC, and their prices for food/drink are insane. I realize a lot of their profit comes from food, so they have to make it that price, but by god if I'm going to go into welfare paying for that *****. I usually sneak bottled drinks into the theatre.

Happy New Year from Philly!
An Education-nothing
The Girl on the RER-popcorn and a diet pepsi
Wolfman-nothing
Shutter Island-popcorn

I usually go to the Coolidge Corner Theatre in Brookline, MA, or the Brattle Theatre in Cambridge, MA, and what I eat depends on my mood. Sometimes I eat popcorn, have a diet coke, or snowcaps, or nothing, depending on how hungry I am.

TAM
Coke + Popcorn + Sister's nachos (as soon as my popcorn is finished) = the best choice for me.

Raisenettes. No matter what I'm watching, or where I am. I used to do it as a kid all the time, so it's not a moviegoing experience for me if I'm not munching on them.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
usually I'll buy some cheap candy from dollar tree, target, or wal-mart and my girlfriend or I will sneak it in. We also have the occasional soda (free refills and sharing helps for ridiculous price)

A LARGE tub of buttered popcorn, and a tall coke! the best for me, hands down!!!

Something that I have taken in with me and not paid a silly price for

Typically nothing, but sometimes I'll just get popcorn and a drink. Going to the theater tends to be a little overpriced here, not to mention the cost of food.

My husband makes fun of my "body bag" as he calls it, but everytime we go to the movies, he asks me to bring the big purse...I really think with a little creativity I could fit a 6course turkey dinner in that thing.

The theaters here have taken to checking womens purses to ensure we aren't sneaking any food in, but mine is so large and has so many pockets they don't usually expend the effort.

Hummmm...... Yes. When i watch a movie at home i used to eat watching the movie. But at a theater hall i eat just a small pack of potato chips.

Nothing...mostly. I watch too many at home to always be eating, but i make my own popcorn a fair bit.... hmmmmmmmmm fancying some now now.

But eating and movies aint a must for me.

LOL to roserosie, i do take a bag to the cinema and take things with me, if i am going to eat at the cinema, or take in food for those im with. I never buy food or drink there, apart from ice cream.

I just grab popcorn and a soda.. and get on the film asap!

Raisenettes. No matter what I'm watching, or where I am. I used to do it as a kid all the time, so it's not a moviegoing experience for me if I'm not munching on them.
Due to the amount of sugar in Raisenettes, I always get extremly drowsy after the sugar high wears off...

My husband makes fun of my "body bag" as he calls it, but everytime we go to the movies, he asks me to bring the big purse...I really think with a little creativity I could fit a 6course turkey dinner in that thing.

The theaters here have taken to checking womens purses to ensure we aren't sneaking any food in, but mine is so large and has so many pockets they don't usually expend the effort.
I mean what would they do if indeed they did find a drumstick in your purse? Would they ask you eat it right there or disguard it? If I worked there, and saw a turkey leg in someones bag, I'd just pretend I didn't see it...

Pepsi vs Coke, taste great vs less filling, Twizzler vs Red vines...I'm a Red vine type of soul...Twizzlers taste like 'wax' to me...

Red Vines, Popcorn and Coke...standard movie going snacks, at least years ago...Now it would be more like Snapple and popcorn...
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	imagesCACYM9IW.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	6581   Click image for larger version

Name:	imagesCAGDJ9A9.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	6582  

Butterkist toffee popcorn and a large Fanta/Tango, its the way frward in life, though i have a tendancy to eat far more popcorn than can actually fit inside me, and i end up feeling sick afterwards. It just wouldnt be a trip to the cinema any other way haha.

i used to drink beer, but any alcohol just smells too strongly and too obvious. stooped, don't wanna get arrested. special brownies are safer but they last too long.

Usually just hit the convenience store on the corner, sneak in some chips and an ice block popcorn is too damn expensive!

A large popcorn, a burger and a large pepsi