Your Favorite Dark Comedy Movie

Tools    

A lot of my favorite dark comedies are already listed and a few that I still have yet to see. I didn't realize that so many of my favorite movies fell into a category that I now consider dark comedies so I have been looking around boards to see what dark comedies I may have missed. Just a couple that come to mind, but apparently I am out of the loop by never seeing Dr. Strangelove or Heathers....

Very Bad Things, Pulp Fiction, American Beauty, Cable Guy.

A comedy with about as dark subject matter as there is that was not mentioned on this board is Worlds Greatest Dad. Don't let Robin Williams deter you, perfect casting. Maybe the most hilarious dark scene ever has to be his interview with the Oprah Winfrey clone....

Bad Santa (2003) is my favorite.

suicide- great and funy movie

Neighbors - John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd. A lot of people hate this movie, but I love it. I like that Belushi was cast against type.

Would 'Dead men wear or don't wear plad' starring Steve Martin, be considered a dark comedy?

If so...I did get a few chuckles out of that film...expecially when he's chewing the cookie, and they magnify the sound...

It would saound silly.. But bettlejuice is one of the best in this genre

You know, after watchin 'Drag me to Hell' (again) last night, I'm beggining to wonder if that wasn't meant to be a dark comedy...
1. There's an on going theme about that gypsy lady pulling the hair of the victim, all throughout the movie, even after they gypsy lady dies...

2. The poor victim lady is constanly getting vomit and other stuff crambed down their throat by the gypsy lady, even after she's dead, like at the funeral...(There always mouth to mouth...)

3. Or the nose bleed incident in the bank, like super soaker nose bleed...and the managers like 'did I get any in my mouth? did I get any in my mouth?'...

There does seem to be a comedic undertone to the film, a lot of satire...but not so much that it takes away from the frightening theme....

A Serious man was one of the best ive seen

It would sound silly.. But Bettlejuice is one of the best in this genre
Doesn't sound silly to me....I always forget about this movie being dark. But it was probably the first dark comedy I ever saw as a kid. Michael Keaton pulled off the character well.

Just watched Raising Arizona by the Coen brothers the other night. For being an older movie, I feel it has stood the test of time. Great Dark Comedy.

Yeah, it's great seeing Beetlejuice again and seeing how good it is after watching it as a child. One of my favourites, though, was A Film With Me In It.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

I just bought this at the weekend and completly forgot how funny it was

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
When did Battle Royale become a comedy?
To me it's so completely over the top that it does become a dark comedy.
In the same vein as Pulp Fiction.