Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Body Double (1984)

I love nearly everything associated with the 80s, so it's no surprise that this was right up my alley! Fantastic soundtrack and atmosphere + a plethora of b00bs and hot girls who refuse to shave their bush (we need these back!), all in glorious 80s style. What's not to love? In all seriousness, this is the perfect film to watch on a hot summer night, with only your underpants on.

This is a masterpiece of erotica and De Palma is a cinematic master. Love the fact that he loves Hitchcock even more than himself (so many references to Rear Window and Vertigo that I simply lost count), and the film is kind of sleazy and sometimes even hilarious, but it knows it. Just fantastic.
Exactly! It's one of my top 101 favorite movies of all time (it's on my list). Glad you liked it!

It's cool that you powered through all the nominations even though you didn't enjoy some of them.
It's cool that you started that tournament; it gives me and others a head start so we don't have to cram so hard later.

So bad it's good.

This movie is NOT good. If you're looking for realism or originality or even a good movie don't see this. But if you're looking to have a great time, laughing at unintentionally funny lines, laughably impossible action scenes, and just all around hilarious cheesiness, then go see Expendables 3. Find a friend who likes to laugh at bad movies or find your friend who likes arthouse movies, and take them to Expendables 3 and laugh at how hilariously bad it is. Antonio Banderas and Mel Gibson play the most fun characters in the movie. Be ready to predict what comes next, and high five your friends about it when it actually happens. Be prepared to laugh at Stallone's unintelligible line delivery. And be prepared to see EVERY ACTION MOVIE CLICHE IN THE BOOK. Again, this is not a good movie, but it sure was a good time. If you plan on taking this movie seriously you're definitely not going to enjoy it.

Fire walk with me.

The Giver (2014, USA) ~ 5/10

This movie was not good..... it was not enjoyable... not entertaining..... the story felt like it had holes in it...it just lacked overall.

(can I have my $4.50 back and my 2 hours?)

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
I had much the same reaction cricket. I know it is an old film but the editing was really distracting to me and didn't help my viewing. I rated it half a star higher, there were a couple scenes I enjoyed.
Are you implying here that Breathless was edited that way because it's old????

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Rewatched Terminator 2 again, such a badass film

Snatch. (2000)

- This movie rock ! So f*cking badass and Brad Pitt is hilarious as hell! Many amazing characters in this movie and the plot is entertaining and very well crafted.

Are you implying here that Breathless was edited that way because it's old????
I would say that I am way more likely to be aware of the editing in older films, yes. I am sure you will tell me I am wrong. It was maybe more distracting in Breathless than any movie I have ever seen.

I like Goodfellas, don't get me wrong, but I love Dances With Wolves. Also I'd much rather watch Kevin Costner than Ray Liotta.
Same here.

Nancy & Freddy - a better match than Romeo & Juliet? That music.
Wes Craven. Dreamy atmosphere. John Saxon. Nightmares. What are dreams anyways?
Incredible body hocus pocus. Truth is, we still don't know what they are, or where they come from.
But let us recall also our lord's admonition... that we judge not, lest we be judged

10.0 / 10

The Children's Hour (1961)

I really liked the story in this; it was probably pretty far ahead of it's time, and I think they took very good advantage, pulling no punches. It's intense, with good emotion and a great cast. I think it's a movie I could recommend to anyone on this forum.

Brimming with rififi!
The Woman in Black -

This movie is nothing but an agglomeration of cliche horror conventions. The plot is something we've all seen time and time again. The entire film is predictable and trite. Contrastingly, I will say that the dreary landscape and set designs did enhance what little this film had going for it. Additionally, there were a few good, albeit cheap, scares here and there.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
The Children's Hour (1961)

I really liked the story in this; it was probably pretty far ahead of it's time, and I think they took very good advantage, pulling no punches. It's intense, with good emotion and a great cast. I think it's a movie I could recommend to anyone on this forum.

You get that word out, Cricket! This is one of my favorite movies and I really would like it to show up on the 60's list.

Source Code

Loved it.

8.5/10

Blume in Love (1973)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...