Name the Director

Tools    

Well we need some other kind of hint then because none of these shots ring a bell here...for instance, has this director ever won an Oscar? More than one?

I'm out of movie pic clues. Those are some very well known movies too, I'll see if Doc can get it @GulfportDoc
Well, your 3rd picture is of the gorgeous Jean Peters in the noir: Pickup on South Street, with Richard Widmark. The director was Samuel Fuller. I'm not as familiar with the other flicks, although I bet I've seen some of them...

Well we need some other kind of hint then because none of these shots ring a bell here...for instance, has this director ever won an Oscar? More than one?
Never won an Oscar, never even nominated.

You can go ahead and post one and we'll let mine set, Doc might be able to guess it.

Well, your 3rd picture is of the gorgeous Jean Peters in the noir: Pickup on South Street, with Richard Widmark. The director was Samuel Fuller. I'm not as familiar with the other flicks, although I bet I've seen some of them...
We cross posted! You got it! It's the great Samuel Fuller.

From Shock Corridor

From The Naked Kiss

From Pickup on South Street

From Forty Guns (that's Barbara Stanwyck)

From House of Bamboo

From The Big Red One (that's Robert Carradine playing Sam Fuller)

I thought we all agreed 3 gifs/pics was the way to keep the game flowing. How about two more from the same director? please
Oh! This was my first post here. I'll put up 2 more, although I doubt that you'll need them for this one..

Oh! This was my first post here. I'll put up 2 more, although I doubt that you'll need them for this one..
I bet I do need them Actually I don't recognize the films or directors, but someone will.

I bet I do need them Actually I don't recognize the films or directors, but someone will.
It's the first picture that comes from the ending of a great film that wows me. IMO it's one of the most iconic in all of the 1940s films. If I mention the actors in the scene, you'll know it right away.

It's the first picture that comes from the ending of a great film that wows me. IMO it's one of the most iconic in all of the 1940s films. If I mention the actors in the scene, you'll know it right away.
What film is it? I don't recognize the screenshot.

Me either.

Yes, y'all do. It was the final sequence of The Third Man, when Anna Schmidt (Valli) is walking back to town after Harry Lime's (Welles) funeral. Holly Martins (Cotton) had asked to be let out of Maj. Halloway's Jeep (T. Howard), because we wanted to wait for Anna to catch up, so that he could reconcile with her. Instead, she walked right past him as a snub for shooting Lime.

Carol Reed was a wonderful atmospheric director. My second favorite film of his was The Fallen Idol (1948) with Ralph Richardson, Michele Morgan, and the young Bobby Henrey.