Watches:

Tools    

Does @John McClane like tank watches? I still have a tank watch (needs a new quartz or whatever).

I like them very much. As I said before, I don’t like fabric straps & my favorite is a black leather strap.

Here’s one from Ebay priced at $10K used. Similar to the one I have, but mine isn’t Cartier. Princess Diana had a beautiful one just like this. Her’s might have been Cartier too.

You ready? You look ready.
I am a horology nerd, so I am familiar with the design but not its history.

https://www.gq.com/story/cartier-tank-watch-glossary

https://hk.asiatatler.com/style/icon...ier-tank-watch

Interesting reads about the history of the watch and its connection to celebrities. There’s a real who’s who list of people who have owned one and, because of that, I don’t want one. It is far too chic for me, but it would make an excellent dress/suit watch. So who knows...maybe one day?

One thing the original design has going for it that I love is no date. Seriously...I can’t stand those date features. Half the time they are completely illegible.

⬆️ Yes, the history of the tank watch is very interesting. I mean, who the heck knew it was inspired by an actual tank? (I knew this.)

Horology is a good word. Hour obviously derives from it. Ditto heure in French. Others too if I weren’t too lazy to look them up.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Always wear a watch and always will while they are still on this earth.

Mine is a casio digital watch at the moment.
but who are "they" that are still on this earth?

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Always wear a watch and always will while they are still on this earth.

Mine is a casio digital watch at the moment.
Ah, good ole Casio and their Japanese movements.

Funny you should mention them because I am considering buying a G-Shock. Nothing fancy just one of their “squares” as named by the G-Shock nerds. This one.

I’ve always hated the G-Shocks because they just have too much crap all over the face of the watch. But the one I linked is the first one that made me say “I’d wear that”.

I don’t really need it, tho. But dang, it would look sick on a solid black Zulu strap with PVD buckles.

You do know at one time wristwatches used to be a feminine thing, right? Real men carry pocket watches.

I have one, but I do not carry it because that would be far too male. Plus, I don’t want to lose it.

I think I got my next watch picked out (not anytime soon, of course!). It is a movie juggernaut. From the sandy beaches of Commando to the swampy marshes of Predator to the thunderous applause of The Running Man. It is...the Arnie!

Get to da choppa!

You do know at one time wristwatches used to be a feminine thing, right? Real men carry pocket watches.

I have one, but I do not carry it because that would be far too male. Plus, I don’t want to lose it.
Ladies used to have a small watch on a pendant like this. So pretty.

I stopped wearing a watch during the pandemic (I tend to fiddle with it when I wear it) but will probably resume after. I have a Citizen that I need to replace the battery for (figure I'll do that once I start leaving the house regularly again). I've had it for eight years. Nothing fancy, I just liked the design (it was also a gift and holds some sentimental value). I've never had more than one watch at a time, but I do like wearing one.

If I do decide to get another watch, I've had my eye on some vintage Soviet era watches on Etsy (some of them have nice, rugged designs), but intend to do a bit more research before I take the plunge.