Homecoming (TV Series)

Tools    

Anybody watching this? It's really quite great.

"Heidi (Julia Roberts) works at Homecoming, a facility helping soldiers transition to civilian life. Years later she has started a new life, when the Department of Defense questions why she left Homecoming."

Julia Roberts
Shea Whigham
Bobby Canavale

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Can you give me more details on what it is about? Roberts' trying her hand at the television medium is interesting, but we've seen big stars do this in recent years.

Suspect's Reviews

Can you give me more details on what it is about? Roberts' trying her hand at the television medium is interesting, but we've seen big stars do this in recent years.
It's set in 2 timelines. One is a few years ago where Julia Roberts is a lead psychiatrist at a classified military facility trying to re-integrate recently returned military personnel into society.

The other timeline is set in present day - where Shea Whigham is investigating the base, it's patients and several strange leads that don't tie up. One of which is Julia Roberts' character and her mysterious ties with one of the patients.

Can't really say much more than that other than it's brilliantly done by Sam Esmail (Mr. Robot)

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm watching this now. Started it on a whim (Amazon Prime). Can't stop watching! The use of music and even the credits = moodiness and mystery done in a MOST compelling way.

Seriously, I've got it on "pause" right now (to grab a snack) for episode 4 but I'm headed right back down to the TV now. Can't stop watching! Starring Roberts, Bobby Canavale, Sissy Spacek, Jeremy Allan White (Lip from Shameless), and others. It's subtle. It's a slow burn so far, but compelling. Back to it!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'm watching this now. Started it on a whim (Amazon Prime). Can't stop watching! The use of music and even the credits = moodiness and mystery done in a MOST compelling way.

Seriously, I've got it on "pause" right now (to grab a snack) for episode 4 but I'm headed right back down to the TV now. Can't stop watching! Starring Roberts, Bobby Canavale, Sissy Spacek, Jeremy Allan White (Lip from Shameless), and others. It's subtle. It's a slow burn so far, but compelling. Back to it!
Thanks for the post. This one keeps slipping out of sight for me but I'm more tempted now to take a look.

I stayed up to finish it. Totally worth it. I got excited earlier in the day when I noticed IMDb had a Season 2 listed, but when I finished Season 2 I realized there really isn't a Season 2. Nothing's actually listed there on IMDb, and the way Season 1 ended, I can't even see *how* they'd do a Season 2. The story finished up properly.

I'm not sure how Amazon Prime could have marketed this differently, but it was definitely NOT what I was expecting based on their marketing. It was better.

I saw it & enjoyed it.

Only 30 minutes per episode, binged the first season in two days, good show.
Good performances; Julia Roberts, Bobby Cannavale, Stephan James, Shea Whigham.
Waiting for season 2.

Only 30 minutes per episode, binged the first season in two days, good show.
Good performances; Julia Roberts, Bobby Cannavale, Stephan James, Shea Whigham.
Waiting for season 2.
I know IMDb says a season 2 is listed, but how the heck can there be a season 2 with the ending of season 1 the way it was?

I know IMDb says a season 2 is listed, but how the heck can there be a season 2 with the ending of season 1 the way it was?
That's what i'm curious about too, same scam, with a different cover story maybe.
Have u seen Mr. Robot? same director, I highly recommend.

I guess I'm asking if there IS a season 2. Just because IMDb has one generically listed doesn't mean Amazon is producing one. THEY don't seem to have a season 2 listed anywhere that I could see.

Esmail said: "We're working on a second season, but we have a very different trajectory for our show."

Julia Roberts Won't Return for 'Homecoming' Season 2. Roberts will still remain involved as an executive producer alongside showrunner Sam Esmail on the Universal Cable Productions series that landed at Amazon with a two-season commitment.

Season two will further explore the storyline that was teased in the season one finale post-credits scene that featured Colin Belfast (Cannavale) and his newly minted Geist Group superior Audrey Temple (Hong Chau) squaring off, with Audrey calming her nerves with a mysterious medicine after the encounter. It suggests creators' Micah Bloomberg and Eli Horowitz's continued interest in exploring the world of Homecoming, albeit without Heidi and Walter as the central characters.

Finally finished Season 1....it's OK. Didnt really expose or detail enough of the experimental design that I hoped it would in the finale. Probably not gonna watch Season 2.

You ready? You look ready.
Finally finished Season 1....it's OK. Didnt really expose or detail enough of the experimental design that I hoped it would in the finale. Probably not gonna watch Season 2.
That is too bad because that’s when it actually got good.

I watched season 1. I did enjoy it so far as I can recall, but, honestly, can’t remember a single scene. Which is why, so far, I haven’t signed up for season 2.