Rauldc14's Top 119 Films

→ in
Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
115. Arrival

I haven't said a lot about this film, and I have only seen it once. But it is a film that I thought about a lot afterward and it is a film that certainly has a lot to digest. It's visuals and sound effects are it's strengths which isn't to diss the film rather it makes the film stand out even more for me. I think Amy Adams deserved more praise than what she got for this film as well. I'm really looking forward to seeing this again soon, giving it a proper review, and buying it and adding it to my collection. In a very strong year for films, this was certainly one of the standouts.

Raul is loving 2016. I want to see Arrival again. I have liked all the Villenueve I have seen but have yet to be blown away by any. Arrival and Sicario have the best chance of doing that I think.

Raul is loving 2016. I want to see Arrival again. I have liked all the Villenueve I have seen but have yet to be blown away by any. Arrival and Sicario have the best chance of doing that I think.
I think around 5 or so I would consider new all time favorites, it was a pretty good year. 2014 is still the best year of the decade though, in my eyes.

Yes, 2016 has been excellent. Perhaps even the best year since 2007.

Yes, 2016 has been excellent. Perhaps even the best year since 2007.
That's a big statement. If I feel about three of these the way I do No Country, Zodiac, and There Will Be Blood I will be one happy film watcher.

I like T2, but I was bored before the end of it the first time I saw it. At a preview screening. When I knew so little about it that I didn't even know that Arnie was the good guy.

Not a fan of Villenueve what i've seen from him really and i struggle with sci-fi sometimes so doubt i'd like that. Will try it at some point anyway.

Don't know if i agree with Raul's statement but i do think from what i watched at least that 2016 was a very good year.

I just found this thread, cool idea

So is that giant starfish the alien in Arrival?

So far so good, I liked everything I've seen that you listed. Mostly, The Lucky Ones
and T2. Alright carry on.

114. Porco Rosso

Miyazaki is the most imaginative director for me. The way he tells stories are so creative and fascinating to me, and this movie is no different. While there are more Miyazaki to come, this one feels as if it may be his most personal film. And I always love it when people are attached to certain projects of their own. Obviously Miyazaki has a great fondness for planes, as illustrated in this movie. It's a real fun watch that I would recommend to those who haven't gotten to it.