Favourite beer(s) ?

Tools    

I don't see what Budweiser has to offer. There's no taste and it's too fizzy.
I hated beer until I was in my late 30s, as the only beer that I knew was Bud, Miller, Coors..and they all tasted the same to me, crappy.

It wasn't until one faithful St. Patrick's Day that I decide to by a Guinness as it was Irish. I could not believe my taste buds! I actually liked beer, who knew! It just took the right beer. Now I brew my own beer, and it's good! Real good

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Same. It's a bit heavy for me. More a winter drink. I prefer light and refreshing. I also got horribly drunk on only one glass.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Every friday night when I lived in Japan.I like those as well, WFG.

It's Perła Chmielowa (Hop Pearl). A polish product (go figure).

I have to admit that I'm NOT a patriot. I dislike more things about my country than I like.

However, one thing I simply can't take away from Poland is that we make some pretty damn good alcohol (mostly vodka and beer). In fact, from what I've heard you can get polish vodka in some places outside Poland itself but you should be ready to pay a hefty price for it.

As far as beer goes, I'm not ready to spend a lot of money on it. Typical, cheap, garden-variety beers are the way to go for me and so I've made sure I'm getting the most bang for my "buck".

Unfortunately, the polish government has been screwing the polish alcohol industry over consistently over the past several years. They've been increasing the excise to crazy levels.

The industry was left with two choices: keep their current prices but lower the quality so that it evens out or raise the prices and keep their quality. A lot of previously very good beers have gone to crap because of this. Perła has decided to go the second route and while it isn't exactly the cheapest decent beer you can buy, it's still definitely the best for the money as it has consistently kept its wonderful taste for years.

There are two varieties of Perła. Perła Chmielowa (which I prefer due to the hop taste) and Perła Export (which is the same beer but without the increased hop taste). There are probably more varieties but these are the ones you can easily get at most stores.

The reason why I like this beer more than other, even more expensive beers, is that it has a unique, smooth feel to it. You can feel that the people who made this beer actually made an effort with every sip.

Perła forever!

It's not good time for beer, it's freezing out there, but will grab some in a month or so. Preferably directly from a brewery

I've never been a beer man. I like the hard stuff, since usually I'm usually in a rush to catch a buzz when I drink.

I'm sure that could change, I haven't explored much, or found one I could casually drink between the other stuff.

It's not good time for beer, it's freezing out there
That's like saying it's not a good time for ice cream. It tastes just as good no matter what the season is. Also: it's only cold outside. Indoors, it really doesn't make that much of a difference.

That's like saying it's not a good time for ice cream. It tastes just as good no matter what the season is. Also: it's only cold outside. Indoors, it really doesn't make that much of a difference.
Well, I always switch to red wine in winter Perhaps it's some kind of colds phobia, but I've heard about warming up the beer to room temperature. Beh, that's not beer any more

Same. It's a bit heavy for me. More a winter drink. I prefer light and refreshing. I also got horribly drunk on only one glass.
1 glass of guinness made you horribly drunk? It's quite weak stuff!

It'd be a coin toss between Paddington and Yogi for me.

Oh ..... beers .... sorry