Sooo...I'm Transgender!!

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
No, just the one surgery: I’ve weighed all my options and believe that for me this is the best decision. I can be happy the way I am. I did this to stop taking my T blocker, which wasn’t working quite well.
I don't feel like looking it up... anyone mind putting it in laymen's terms?
Oh yeah, forget to put the (I.e. I removed my balls and chicken skin).

There's a certain irony that you had oysters afterward. (They weren't the "Rocky Mountain" type were they... or worse... you didn't take any souvenirs home in a dogie bag from the surgical suite did you? Now I'm just being gross.)

But seriously, how do you feel without them? Like, can you feel a difference besides less baggage between your legs? Has the natural reflex to "guard" the area diminished at all? What about itching?

No, just the one surgery: I’ve weighed all my options and believe that for me this is the best decision. I can be happy the way I am. I did this to stop taking my T blocker, which wasn’t working quite well.
I was gonna ask if were trying to get off some off that stuff. That seems to be the best reason to have the surgery. And if I'm getting this right, the estrogen you take may work better, right?

Yeah, so I’ve basically locked in changes I’ve had so far and making it easy to keep changing. Like I’ll never have natural cleavage but that chest might just get a little bigger than it would have without.

There's a certain irony that you had oysters afterward. (They weren't the "Rocky Mountain" type were they... or worse... you didn't take any souvenirs home in a dogie bag from the surgical suite did you? Now I'm just being gross.)

But seriously, how do you feel without them? Like, can you feel a difference besides less baggage between your legs? Has the natural reflex to "guard" the area diminished at all? What about itching?
I feel great. It’s allowed me to notice the other problems in my life that need solutions. They were a roadblock to an honest look at my life and where I want to be and who I want to be. I wish I had done it sooner.

Any plans for breast implants later on? or other types of cosmetic surgery?
No, I’m happy the way I am. I don’t like the risk because there’s no real reward.

My worrying before the surgery was not about whether it was right or wrong but rather would it go right and I wouldn’t die.

No, I’m happy the way I am. I don’t like the risk because there’s no real reward.

My worrying before the surgery was not about whether it was right or wrong but rather would it go right and I wouldn’t die.
That's cool, thanks.

Just as long as you don't do anything stupid... like get a nose ring!

Any plans for breast implants later on? or other types of cosmetic surgery?

I feel like I should give a little more detail to answer this question: I’m aware of the fact that there are many people in the world who disagree with transgenderism. I’ve been fairly fortunate so far to not have anyone speak it to my face. However, I have stumbled into their writings online, and it helped me to realize that there will always be people who don’t see me as a woman, and no amount of makeup or surgery will change their mind.

For instance, dating is especially hard for me now but it would be just as difficult with the “right equipment” because I’d still need to have the conversation about my past. So why put myself through the pain and expense? I know there’s someone right out there for me that won’t care what’s between my legs.

Not to mention I have a really crappy bladder already so I really don’t need my plumbing redone just to end up with a worse ability to hold said bladder. I have more to say but I’ll wait till I’m at a computer.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	E4C5B843-953A-49CC-887D-A880F0036FFD.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	378.7 KB
ID:	44619  

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I've been reading this and wanted to say how grateful I am that you're so open about sharing your journey so I can learn something first hand. Thank you, kendra

ETA. Why does someone your youthful age have a crappy bladder?

I've been reading this and wanted to say how grateful I am that you're so open about sharing your journey so I can learn something first hand. Thank you, kendra

ETA. Why does someone your youthful age have a crappy bladder?
You are welcome! I think the biggest reason I had a hard time coming out was the realization that I would be representative of a larger group (i.e. I'd be the first trans person met by others, especially in my hometown). And that would be the case for just living my life. BTW, I was right about that because I have had countless people come to me with questions at work.

As for my bladder...my family has crap crap genes. I can't help but think it also explains the disconnect I experienced between my mind and body. I've talked about my sister's health problems here and there on the forums (she spent 96 days in the NICU and had 90% of her pancreas removed, as well as epilepsy since third grade). Of late I've noticed that she acts more like a guy than I ever did and I can't help but wonder if there's an underlying issue that explains us both. Naturally, this is all anecdotal evidence, but I do believe there's a larger connection between the two of us that just can't be explained yet.

And sorry for the late reply.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza