Ah Dang, I Think I Moved Too Fast

Tools    

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
I stand with my statement though. Don't sweep it under the rug. Talk about your issues because that is how the best relationships happen, even if they just end up being great friendships. Communication is key.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You can't expect a girlfriend of a month or less to act like you're a permanent item or vice versa. You can sit down and during the course of a normal evening (or telephone call) and bring up your concerns. The thing is not to do it at the beginning or end, but just as part of the conversation because it will come naturally. Now I realize the fry thing is weird, but are you sure it wasn't a misunderstood joke? You've also got to be open to some things being more important for her just as she should be open to your idiosyncrasies and emotional uniqueness. The important thing to remember is to be on her side and tell her you want her to be on yours. Wherever that takes you this time, I'd remember it for the future. For now, the relationship should be fun. Nobody should be testing anyone about anything when you have an open relationship, but it sounds like it's more serious than fun for at least one of you, and you should try to find out why without blowing off the whole thing.

I knew a girl who became furious and interrogated me over breakfast about "what my problem was" because I sat across from her, had glanced in her direction, and she took it as staring. Apparently she had an extreme aversion to people watching her eat.