Ah Dang, I Think I Moved Too Fast

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
All of this advice is good. Thanks everyone.

Here are my quick thoughts: I plan to call tonight and apologize about the second fry being a test of mine and, in this same conversation, I am going to tell her that I need to dial back on where things are going because I think we make great friends.

I personally don't think I owe her this conversation in person because we have only known each other for a month or so, and it has only been 2 weeks of elevated interest between us.

Any extra thoughts are appreciated.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Maybe a few shy of 8 dates. I spent the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd of July with her at her parent's house. Then again on the 8th. Nothing terribly naughty happened.

So you started going round hers and met her parents pretty much as soon as you started dating? How did you meet? Sorry for the perhaps not so helpful to your original question, just curious as long as you don't mind me asking questions I don't have much to offer in terms of advice to this particular situation that hasn't already been said, probably apologise for testing with the second chip but just say you were curious as to why she was so angry, see if she apologises and offers an exclamation. The whole thing seems odd and like an overreaction from her part, but if she offers up an exclamation that's understandable I wouldn't let it get in the way of you two if you really like her.

Probably should have mentioned this sooner but we met at work.

And yeah, met her parents pretty much right off the bat because she lives with them (biggest d*** house I've ever been in).

Were the fries extra crispy? If so, I really can't blame you.

I was joking (sort of) -- but I'll say this --

You've done a disservice to your relationship by making this thread.

Now, maybe she'll never see this thread. Maybe she wouldn't care. But I am AGAINST blabbering about your relationship problems publicly on the internet. As you've done here.

I am guilty of doing it myself in the past -- but that was the past.

I just don't like this whole thing with people going on the internet and airing their dirty laundry. You might as well be screaming out your window during a fight, letting the whole world know you hate your girlfriend or something.

I know people need advice about things like this from time to time.... but, urgh! This is so unromantic, making your relationship issues public like this. To me, you've already revealed yourself as a large part of the relationship's problem by making this thread and spilling your guts. I'm gonna say this -- MoFo is not your family. I don't care about all the "we're different, we're a family" mantras being said around here -- that's cool in a way -- but we're not your family. We're not your therapists. Step one in getting on the right path -- and this involves A LOT OF THINGS you do around here -- it involves you rambling on and on about certain stuff in the Shoutbox, even -- SHUT YOUR MOUTH! Just shut your mouth. Shut up! Stop bringing your sh*t to the table all the time because this isn't the dinner table -- THIS IS PUBLIC PROPERTY. I mean, yeah, it's owned by Yoda and all that, but this is being said in public. Don't ask for relationship advice here. Nobody should. Go somewhere else. Get off the computer and talk to someone not on the internet.

Dang, what gives, man? Why the hate?

I'm not in a relationship with her, so I don't see what the big deal is about asking for a little advice. And it's easier to get multiple viewpoints from people this way than walking around and telling people your story over and over again. IMO, that's way worse than this right here.

Dang, what gives, man? Why the hate?
This is not hate. This is concern.

I'm not in a relationship with her, so I don't see what the big deal is about asking for a little advice.
See, there's a problem -- you're asking for relationship advice, and you're like, "but I'm not in a relationship with her!" If you're TRYING to be in a relationship with her, you're GOING to be. So think about what you're doing. Be more discreet.

See, there's a problem -- you're asking for relationship advice, and you're like, "but I'm not in a relationship with her!" If you're TRYING to be in a relationship with her, you're GOING to be. So think about what you're doing. Be more discreet.
But that's just the thing: I'm not trying to be in a relationship with her. I'm trying to find the best way to turn the heat down without getting stabbed.

But that's just the thing: I'm not trying to be in a relationship with her. I'm trying to find the best way to turn the heat down without getting stabbed.
Ignore the bitch! She ain't gonna stab anything but some Five Guys french fries.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
As a female here is my advice. Don't listen to SC. LOL! Kidding. Seriously though. Apologize for the second fry test. See what the big deal was. (Don't phrase it that way) Maybe she was just tired or had had a ****** day and that was the last straw. Maybe she was a little hurt by the 'friendship' card that you had gotten her, I mean she likes you enough to let you meet her parents. It, most likely, didn't have anything to do with the damn french fry. Don't ignore the problem. Talk about your issues. You can't start a relationship on a crappy foundation.

Eating a french fry is something to apologize over? If this was a Sex & the City breakup, Samantha would be throwing the whole tray of french fries all over the kitchen, squirting ketchup all over them -- all over the cabinets and things, then leaving in a huff, off to find a lesbian to date in the next episode.

Yeah, I'm on board with the friedship card is the real issue here. Has anyone ever gotten a friendship card ever? Especially when you have been out on eight dates. I would sit her down, have an honest conversation, see what happens.

Nobody wants to date a wimp who apologizes for eating a french fry. The sexy thing to do is to eat more of them without permission.

You might as well apologize for breathing in oxygen she could have had.