Quick, Give Me Some Good British Movies

Tools    

Scum (Well worth seeing the TV version as well)
Fantastic film. Me and my brother were just talking about that the other day. I took him to see it when it first came out. He was 16, and back then we were more innocent than now. That scene in the greenhouse was truly truly shocking. Really good film

Fantastic film. Me and my brother were just talking about that the other day. I took him to see it when it first came out. He was 16, and back then we were more innocent than now. That scene in the greenhouse was truly truly shocking. Really good film
Yes, innocence goes out the window in that film.

You've just reminded me of another: The Firm

I.D.

I'd say Butterfly Kiss as well but I'm not sure whether to call it a hard-hitter.

Also Angel, but that would probably be classed as Irish.

For how brutal it is Scum is pretty hilarious at parts now. "Who's the daddy now?"

Agreed though my friends mum owned Scum and we watched it thinking it looked great but we left it traumatized from that greenhouse scene.

For how brutal it is Scum is pretty hilarious at parts now. "Who's the daddy now?"

Agreed though my friends mum owned Scum and we watched it thinking it looked great but we left it traumatized from that greenhouse scene.
I forget whether that was in the TV film but I do remember there may be a version where it goes on longer. And of course the film dispenses with Carlin having a "missus".

Yeah, the three original shorts>Were Rabbit> A Matter of Loaf and Death.

Chicken Run is also great, not watched Flushed Away or anything yet.

Also on the subject of British Animated Films add Watership Down and When The Wind Blows.

Of those mentioned, Dead Man's Shoes, Get Carter and The Long Good Friday are musts.

It depends what you're after, but I'd recommend: The Third Man, Battle Of Britain, The Cruel Sea, If... The Devils, Peeping Tom, The Innocents, Walkabout, Zulu, This Is England (which is another Shane Meadows film., ) The Wicker Man (and if you like that the next two on the list), Blood On Satan's Claw, The Witchfinder General, The Servant, Victim, Chaplin, Split Second, The Remains of the Day, Shadowlands, Sense and Sensibility, Among Giants, Gods and Monsters.