Rauldc's Journey through the consoles: Best Video Games

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
6. Heavy Rain

In the minds of true gamers, this game is probably old as dirt. To me it's one of the newer games that I've truly enjoyed. I like the whole concept of an origami killer and I like how the game has a goosebumps type of feel to it in meaning that you chose your Destiny in the game. I must have been good at choosing because I think I only died one time prior to conquering it. But I remember going back through and trying different scenarios and it was still quite fun. It be interested on what everyone else's thoughts are on this one as the gameplay seemed like it was tailored towards a person like me.

Heavy Rain is damn good. But I was pissed when IGN named it GotY over Red Dead Redemption.

7. Guitar Hero

Nothing better than rocking out to some guitar hero. This is the game that revolutionized video games for me. In college. My roommates and I would play this for countless hours on end, and it was a lot of fun to duel. I believe I got 100% on Incubus-Stellar as well as Message in a Bottle by the Police. Some of my other favorite sounds to rock out on the first one were Even Rats by The Slip, Bark at the Moon by Ozzy Osbourne, Fat Lip by Sum 41, Killer Queen by Queen, More than a Feeling by Boston, and Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top. I actually remember my friends bought the game, but yet somehow it stayed in my dorm room and I eventually came to own it. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

5. Oregon Trail

Perhaps the first video game I ever played was this one, as early as second grade in my media class. It was a favorite for all students, mainly because it was more fun than education. It was actually a pretty tough game too, it was always hard to keep the people in your wagon healthy. In fact, I think I really only conquered the game a couple of times. And of course, it was always fun to hunt. I'd be interested to know if any of the rest of you have even played this one on the good old green and black screen.
GASP!

I wanna play this game right now. I hope I can find it somewhere online.

This game could be fun even if you lost because if they dropped dead in that wagon, or the oxes all died, I laughed a little on the inside. Stupid people in the 1800's who can't take a road trip.

There's a modern zombie version called Organ Trail, if you'd rather, SC.

Guitar Hero (and games of its ilk) are one of only two games I've ever seen at cons which are always full no matter what. There's never a queue beacuse people play it for so long that you can't guarantee getting a go. My g/f and I slaughtered many a zombie this year, while various rock songs were being mauled in the background on Rock Group or whatever the full band version's called.

There's a modern zombie version called Organ Trail, if you'd rather, SC.
Just found a Zombie Oregon Trail on my phone. An app.

But I don't like these new versions. They might be okay, but I need THE ORIGINAL version. Or at least one of the versions I used to play -- because I do remember the original version getting an upgrade and that was okay.

I don't need Zombie Oregon Trail. I'm a purist. Not a hipster.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	7fb805c0956e3e19c3f0181c46963063.jpg.gif
Views:	996
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	17723  

I remember the Maniac Mansion TV show. It had a fly with a man's head on it. I never really cared for it, though.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I never saw the tv show, just the game. You went in and tried to save this girl from a mad scientist. You always had to take the main guy, but you could choose the other two people to play with. They all had different skills.

I have an Oregon Trail t-shirt.

I wish they still made games like that. Anyone ever play Maniac Mansion?
I am interested in a Godoggo top 100 t shirt countdown thread. You have quite the collection.

I FOUND WHERE YOU CAN PLAY IT ONLINE.

http://www.virtualapple.org/oregontraildisk.html

Bye. Will give you the latest gossip from the Oregon Trail when I get back. If I get there.

Everybody pray that Farmer Sexy can get you there.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	ot.JPG
Views:	891
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	17724