The MoFo Fine Art thread...

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Post some images of your favorite fine art pieces. I'll start with the canvas I have in my living room (repro, of course).

The Cafe Terrace on the Place du Forum
Vincent Van Gogh

I am having a nervous breakdance

Edvard Munch, "Madonna", 1893/94

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Most of the art on my walls at home are things I bought from the artist/photographers themselves. Here are a couple of things that are google-able, that I also have.:

A small print of this:

And a larger, framed print of this, by Claude Monet:

A Maxfield Parrish print called "Autumn Afternoon" that has a similar feel to this other painting of his:

I have a copy of Dali's The Temptation of St. Anthony in my living room... He painted this one to enter into a contest held by Alfred Hitchcock …

I'll be back to post a few more...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Love the Parrish, Sammy.

I used to have that Dali in my LR as well, Caity, but when we moved it got dropped, broken and creased. I rolled it up thinking I would try to save it, but it just got into more trouble that way...

The People's Republic of Clogher
I've got a few Giacomelli prints, just love his faces -

These Cezanne prints -

And this Seurat -

I've a few numbered prints by Irish artists too and there's a couple of Monet prints hanging in the bedroom, but we all know what they look like.

EDIT - I bought this a few weeks ago, no idea who it's by but the picture's got a nice simple quality.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	lastscan.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	376.7 KB
ID:	5019  

Originally Posted by Tacitus
Every time I see that painting, I hear the song "Sunday" from Sunday In The Park With George and it makes me feel light inside.

That last picture is interesting - I like the colors and composition. Is it a painting or a ceramic tile?

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
That last picture is interesting - I like the colors and composition. Is it a painting or a ceramic tile?
It's a painting - I took it out of the frame and scanned it. There's a companion to it which I'll do later.

It's a painting - I took it out of the frame and scanned it. There's a companion to it which I'll do later.
It probably bodes well for you that you buy paintings in pairs. Something about that is nice.

That Giacomelli print - is it a photo or painting? It's really cool, has a folk-art feeling. You have cool taste in art, D.

This seems appropriate for a MoFo art thread....

This guy does decent faces too.

And another fine example from the voyeur...

Here's the second picture of the pair that I bought a while back. I'd like to scan more, 'cos they're originals and can't find pics on the net but they're too big for the scanner and my camera doesn't do them justice.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	lastscan2.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	363.5 KB
ID:	5020  

It's a photo, worked on by the artist I suspect. You can find an online gallery here.
HAHA! What the?!

I like both those prints. Happy colors.

Sedai - is that how you picture Mofo, were it a place?

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
HAHA! What the?!
Hey, I'm Irish, live next to a church and across the road from a convent and a parochial house. I'd love to own that one. Priests are part of the furniture!

They're great though, aren't they?