Your favorite movie scenes of all time...

Tools    

requiem for a dream; when harry wakes up to find he's lost an arm to heroin.
also the "ass to ass" scene is quite something!

the silence of the lambs; when buffalo bill is dancing about with his bits tucked in, asking "would you like to f##k me?", the song used in this scene is amazing!

Most of the above plus

The silent battle scene in RAN.

The triangle duel in The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

The picnic in Picnic

Lots of scenes in Lawrence of Arabia

The horse race in the dark and rain in The Black Stallion

Put me in your pocket...
Time for me to post a few more of my favorite scenes....

A Day At The Races
The "Tootsie-Frootsie" Ice Cream/Code Book scene. Tony (Chico) poses as an ice-cream vendor outside the race track - he's really a con artist selling racing tip books on horses. I love banter between Chico and Groucho....so funny.

Bringing up Baby
The entire resturant/club scene. From the moment Susan causes David to slip on an olive...to the end of the scene where he accidentally rips the back of her gown off. He tries to hide her bottom with his hat and inevitably spoon walk out.

It Happened One Night
Peter shows Ellen his system for hitchhiking...but after his system fails Helen uses her own system......pulls up her skirt flashing her leg and the first car stops.

It’s a Wonderful Life
The end...when George Bailey returns and all of the towns people come to give him the money he needs and to shown him how much he has meant to them.

The Princess Bride
The Duals! The first between The Inigo Montoya and the Dread Pirate Roberts (Wesley). And....the final dual between The Spaniard and the man with six fingers. "Hello my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father... prepare to die!"

Who Framed Roger Rabbit
The scene when you first see Jessica Rabbit and she slinks down the stage singing a steamy bluesy song and the men’s reaction, including Eddie.

While You Were Sleeping
When Annie confesses to everyone on her wedding day and her feelings towards their family. And of course the ending.

The Joy Luck Club
Every scene between the mothers and daughters....

Rain Man
Towards the end when the firealarm goes off and Raymond has a bad espisode. It hits so close to home for me...it’s heart wrentching.

A Few Good Men
Like most of you I love the final courtroom scene.

Well almost all my my favorite scenes have already been posted, but one that i like a lot (and i dont think has been posted yet) is the ending of unbreakable. ***NOTE SPOILERS AHEAD*** When it jumps to scenes of Samuel L. Jackson at the airport and bar and you find out he has been committing the terroist acts for years. "They call me, Mr. Glass" i love that scene :P

A system of cells interlinked
Mulholland Drive: Many scenes from this one, including Club Silencio, The Winky's date, and The meeting out at the ol' corral

Miller's Crossing: Holden turned me on to the assasination attempt scene in this film, which is absolutely Brilliant, as is the opening shot, as well as a couple of great shots set with a roaring fireplace as the background. I thinlk the last image is burned into my mind forever.

Donnie Darko: The Theatre Scene, which gives me chills each and every time I watch it. This scene shows the budding directoral skills of R. Kelly.

Strangers on a Train:
The murder scene seen reflected in a pair of eyeglasses.

Perfect Blue: The ice pick murder scene.

Vertigo: The scene in the woods where they talk about time.

12 Monkeys: The scene where they go and see Vertigo, and watch the scene in the woods where they talk about time. (Gilliam is the absolute bomb folks, I mean, what kind of genius ties this scene into his film about time travel and pulls it off????)

I have about 6 billion more, so later I post a few more

Cheers

PS: To the guys worried about spoilers, I am usually a real stickler about spoilers getting posted, just ask Cait, but I think this thread is pretty much all spoilers, and tagging would be a pain. Maybe a renamed thread with a spoiler warning?

when tom cruise lead the final charge in 'the last samurai'

the final scene in vegas when there were flames, water, and money flying everywhere in 'con air' the most glorious cheesy movie of all time.

when stallone threw his motorcycle halmet at his own statue in 'rocky' 3 or 2 i forget

when keyser soze peed on the spark that would've ignited the explosion in 'the usual suspects'

Every good film is gona have a stand out moment so surely it's your favourite movie (?) therefor i think they need a good quote or memorable audio to be truly great

Scarface, "Say hello to my leetle friend" final shootout scene
Evil Dead 2 "give me back my hand" where he lobs of his hand with a chainsaw
True Romance 'All Italians are niggers' (or something like that) Dennis Hopper/Christopher Walken
Goldfinger "You expect me to talk?" "No Mr Bond, i expect you to die" laser scene
Leon 'These are from Mathilda' climax to gunfight (end gunfight scene)
The Spy Who Loved Me- Theme Music- Union Jack parachute
Taxi Driver "you talkin to me?" De Niro to mirror

In the Beginning...
Amistad: The scene in which John Quincy Adams (Sir Anthony Hopkins) addresses the Supreme Court with a profound speech about freedom, and where we come from, and civil war. Amazing scene Also, the scene in the lesser courtroom in which Cinque (Djimon Honsou) stands up, yelling, "Give us free!" - wow.

Meet Joe Black: When Death (Brad Pitt) speaks to the old West Indian woman in the hospital the first time. That scene is so surreal, yet so heartfelt. I love that film.

The Last Samurai: There are many I could name here, but *SPOILER*the scene in which Algren (Tom Cruise) and Katsumoto (Ken Watanabe) are sitting on the field of battle, and as Katsumoto is dying, he sees the tree in bloom*SPOILER* - it really gets me.

Return of the King: There are several scenes here: *SPOILERS* when Frodo tells Sam to go home, the charge of the Rohirrim, when Gandalf speaks about death, the whole end sequence with Frodo and Sam on the mountain, the scene in which everyone bows to the Hobbits, the scene in which Frodo is leaving the shores with Gandalf and company, and the very last scene showing Sam coming home with his daughter running to him *SPOILERS* - I've never cried so much in a film.

The Two Towers: The scene in which Theoden and Aragorn ride out from Helm's Deep against the Uruk army (it was everything I ever imagined in the book); and the scene in which Sam talks about how there is still hope left. Great stuff.

The Fellowship of the Ring: The "death" of Gandalf and the death of Boromir never cease to get me going, but the scene in which Frodo is standing on the beach with the ring in his hand, and Gandalf's voice comes into his head unexpectedly - that's powerful stuff.

Schindler's List: Just about every scene in this film, but I can give you one in particular - the scene in which a cart carrying dead bodies goes by, and the red dress of the little girl can be seen. I had a hard time watching it.

The Family Man: There is a scene in this film that it is just amazing in a quaint sort of way. The little girl, Nicholas Cage's character's daughter, believes that he is an alien (because he doesn't know about anything); but after awhile, when he starts to get comfortable with that life, he is playing outside in the snow with her, and she says, "I knew you'd come back." That's awesome.

When I think of some more, I'll post again.

Originally Posted by rocklarky
deer hunter, russian roulette scen at end.
Both of those scenes are pretty intense.

braveheart ending.
One word. . .FREEDOOOOOMMMM!

luke i am ur father.
My name is Luke, and I get that almost twice a week.

pulp fiction, so many to choose, the adreniline shot, jack rabbit slims, ezekial 25:17, end scene..
Boo yah. Samuel L. Jackson is the man!

resevior dogs, clowns to the left of me.
One of my fav. movies of all time. And the scene is just. . .oh man it's so cool.

goodfellas, do u think im funny, speech.
The first time I saw this scene, Pesci really had me going. But after it ends, I started laughing. It really worked.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Put me in your pocket...
To add to my list of favorite scenes....

Solas (1999)
One very endearing scene for me is when Maria’s mother finds the kindly neighbor (an old man who has taken a shine to her) in need of help. He had an accident (diarrhea) in his bed and is overwrought. She helps him to the bathroom and into the tub. He’s completely embarrassed by the situation, but she makes him to get undressed and washes him down from head to toe while soothing his frayed nerves. You next see him in fresh pajamas watching her put fresh sheets on the bed for him. The way he looks at her just pulled at my heart, watching two old people being attracted to each other...it was very sweet.

And towards the end.... *SPOILER* *SPOILER* *SPOILER* *SPOILER* *SPOILER* *SPOILER*
When Maria’s mother leaves, the old neighbor visits Maria. They have a deep and heated conversation. She reveals why she hates her abusive father and confesses she’s pregnant. The scummy, abusive boyfriend wants her to have an abortion (he made it clear he doesn’t want to have anything to do with ‘her’ baby)...and she’s torn. She wants the baby, but is afraid the child will have the same awful upbringing she had. The old man says how alone he is and wants to be a surrogate grandfather to the child. He has a pension and wants to help her. The end narration as to what happens next was perfect for me. Very touching.

"The Return of the Jedi"(Special Edition) when the plantes are celebrating because the Empire is dead and yu can see them pushing down a statue of the empire that falls with a crash!
"Space Balls"Dark Hamet and lone star abut to shake hands and Lone Star actly shakes it and Dark Hamet says "I can't belive yu fell for that trick!" or when he says "So what does that make us?" DH:Abouty nothering!(related)
"A New Hope"She lided she lied to us"Talking to dearth vader and the fighting with Dearth and Obi-one!
The part in "The Great Escape" when the germans are watching the americans load the bus when one of them says "Good Luck" and the pow answears "Thank you!" and it caught! I have to admit I was yelling no you fool!
and I guess that covers it!See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

THE SHOWDOWN IN THE GREATEST UNDERATED FILM OF ALL TIME !!!!!

CHARLES BRONSON VS. HENRY FONDA

So many good movies, so little time.
Some of my favorite scenes :

Godfather - baptism scene

True Romance - Sicilian scene

Adventures of Robin Hood - great hall scene (best looking scene)

Goodfellas - "How am I funny, like a clown?"

Blade Runner - Time to Die

A Bronx Tale - "Now you can't leave."

Monty Python
Sword Fight - Grail
Witch scene - Grail
I'm not dead yet - Grail
What have Romans done for us? - Life of Brian

Unforgiven - "And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you done to Ned." (2nd best looking scene)

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Okay here is a list of some scenes!!

Sling Blade- Basically the whole damned film.(Most amazing film i've seen in a while)

Ravenous- Cliff Jumping into a tree falling down a hill and into a hole(Probably best stunt in a film)

Clockwork Orange- The "Singing In The Rain" Scene

Lost in Translation- The kareoke(SP) scene.

Elephant- The Shooting

Bowling For Columbine- the montage with Joey Ramones "What A Wonderful world"

Punch-Drunk Love- The first time he fights back (The scene made me jump up and cheer)

Thirteen- The whole transformation of the girl

Pieces Of April- Reviewing the shopping list

Edward Scissorhands- The ice sculpture

Secret Window- The Ending

Bad Santa- "It's Christmas and the kids getting his f**king present"

The Good Girl- "In your corner bits..Bits get in your corner!"

Nightmare Before Christmas- Jack's Lament

Donnie Darko- Ending

SLC Punk!- "I know who your are...Your Jesus"

Memento- Remebering Sammy Jenkis

The Crow- Bursting in the the cathedral

Resiviour Dogs- Mr. Blonde and the ear

Amelie- The Whole Film

Haggard- The fork in the eye

Braveheart- The whole Mooning scene

Alice In Wonderland- The pot smoking caterpiller

Well thats it for now i have millions more but dont wanna write them all out.

You ready? You look ready.
Well, ever one should know my favorite scenes.

Die Hard-"Yippee Kiyya Motherf*****!!!"

Die Hard-"Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs."

Die Hard-"Happy trails Hans."
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Return of the King--When frodo tells sam to leave after Gollum has tricked frodo into believing sam will betray him

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon--the tree fighting scene that leads into the jump off the waterfall and the scene with Li Mu Bai and Shu Lien are sitting together in themorning and he touches her hand for the first time.

Godfather
--The opening scene is brilliant, the baptism scene and the scene where Michael shoots McClusky and Sollozo.

Peter Panthe scene where wendy kisses peter for the first and last time, and the dance scene-so pretty

Leon--The scene where Mathilda is just coming home and she walks past her apartment and realises that there's trouble, so she goes to leon's and begs for him to open the door. And i like the scene where they play the dress up game

Awakenings
--the scene when Leonard (robert di nero) first wakes up and he writes his name, its so cute. And then the scene when the medicine stops working and he has a fit but makes Robin Williams go and get the camera so he can be filmed, saying 'Learn from me, learn from me!'

Hunchback of Notredame from Disney (i'm not sure if that's the right spelling): when he comes out of the tower and the little girl walks up to him and touches his face
Two Towers: near the end when Gandalf stands at the top of the hill and looks down of the battle, and when Legolas swings onto the horse when they were riding out to meet the wolves (wolves?)
Spirited Away: when Chihiro tells Haku his real name and they fall together

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
quiball i think the legolas scene was so cool, and the first time i saw it i didnt realise it was CGI, but i think they were riding out to fight the Wargs, but they look like giant wolves/lion kinda things

waterisforcowards,waterma kesyouweak
my favorite scenes usually involve smart @ss jokes, naked women, anything: reservoirdogs, godfather, scarface, pacino, deniro, depp, rocky, remember the titans, jay and silent bob strike back, cheech and chong, showgirls, wild things, gladiator.....not big on remembering a million scenes or movies if I gave my true opinion I'd be sitting here thinking for hours.

we entes never say anything unless its worth taking a very long time to say!
not sure if I remembered that exactly either

My favorite scene of all time is a tie-

'Amelie'
'The girl with the glass' in the painting scene- I don't know why I love that scene so much, but I do.

'Return of the King'
Well this is probably like 5 scenes all in sucession. When Gandalf and Pippin first enter the top of the citadel in Minas Tirith and Gandalf says "It is not in your power to deny the return of the king, steward" and the whole entire beacon scene, and after that the conversation between Gandalf and Pippin "Was there any hope for Frodo and Sam?" "Only a fools hope." and of course the "the board is set the pieces are moving..." To when Pippin is sworn into the service of Gondor and he sings with the intermixing shots of already defeated and depleted soilders going to fight again.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"