Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Don't Torture a Duckling (1972)

There's a few other movies from director Lucio Fulci that I like, most of which came after this one. This one still took me by surprise. It seemed more solid and polished. I thought it was very well made with a cool and sordid story.

Fright Night (1985)

A prior template for Horror layouts that won't be used, probably.

Link to Viewing

Rating:
7.0 / 10

Brilliant.

This might just do nobody any good.
A Face in the Crowd (1957)

Unfortunately, this guy’s downfall was the key to the new one’s success.

Halloween (2018)

It reminded me why I hate slasher movies. Such an idiotic, uncreative pile of rubbish.

2/10

Hereditary 2018

The lead actress had her moments, also technically the film is pretty solid, with some nice shots here and there.. Other than that, standard horror formula work imho..

Hyena (2014)

Nicely played by all involved. I was impressed by Peter Ferdinando and a thin (and predictable) storyline is fleshed out well by the director. We are never really sure of the main protagonists motives...that makes it interesting. 7/10

Chaos (2005)

3.3 IMDb, 6% Rotten Romatoes, 1% Metacritic, this is not the Jason Statham movie of the same name and year. The Last House on the Left was a remake, has a remake, and inspired many movies. This particular movie just flat out and blatantly steals from it. It has low production value and I would not recommend it to anyone, and yet I enjoyed it. There are many low budget movies that try to shock but fail. This one somehow succeeds and I'm surprised it's on YouTube. Nasty and ugly, it does star Kevin Gage who has had a decent career.

Intolerable Cruelty (2003)

And people say True Grit is lower tier Coen Brothers fare.

Welcome to the human race...
I'm still amused by MovieBob not only giving this a 3.5/4 but also calling it the best videogame movie ever - as someone who's defended far more than his fair share of videogame movies, even I still think this is ass.

Last movie watched...

Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened -

those wacky millennials

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened -

those wacky millennials

If that's the Ja-Rule movie, I can't wait. Holla, Holla! It's murrrrrrrrrrrddddaa!

I'm still amused by MovieBob not only giving this a 3.5/4 but also calling it the best videogame movie ever - as someone who's defended far more than his fair share of videogame movies, even I still think this is ass.
Hah that’s priceless!

Yeah, I could’ve written a lengthy review but I thought why bother? And that’s just one of the many whys that, connected to a fair share of sentences, could sum my experience with this movie up in great length...

Welcome to the human race...
I mean, he knows movies and he knows videogames so why not trust his judgment on this one? I guess I'll take something messy but memorably weird like Super Mario Bros. over this kind of generic semi-competence.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Fatal Attraction - 6/10
Since I'm in a movie slump, lately I've picked 80s movies, basically so I don't have to use my brain. This could have been much shorter. Took a nice two sentence story and just kept going.... And then when I find a picture to upload, I find it made $325,000,000 -- and it has a 6-something on IMDB.. Not a triumph for good taste.

Bob Roberts (1992)

Don’t know right away that I liked this one more than A Face in the Crowd. I guess it hits closer to home, what with the title character being much more one-dimensional, vulgar, the lack of catharsis and the superficial element of modernity.

Really, I’m left to wonder if an empty feeling is exactly the right thing a movie ought to strive towards leaving it’s audience with these days.