Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Tools    

PS To quote you, can a “bias” be “justified”? Don’t the two words negate each other?
As long as you're focusing on individual words don't forget "feel". I "feel" my "bias" is "justified" based on what is (again, admittedly) my passing familiarity with the witnesses who recounted Heard's behavior. I haven't been obsessively following this. In the end all the trial has done is served to confirm preconceived notions I had about her. He's someone who had way too much money at his disposal and was well on his way to becoming a footnote. Or maybe a cautionary tale. I think they were meant to find each other.

In the end all the trial has done is served to confirm preconceived notions I had about her.
Luckily for both sides, you’re not a jury member.

Brit-speak for a prostitute sounds rather harsh. Do you personally know her?
Promiscuous rather than prostitute. So a prostitute could be called that, but it wouldn't be because she's a prostitute.

Promiscuous rather than prostitute. So a prostitute could be called that, but it wouldn't be because she's a prostitute.
I stand corrected. Why on earth would Heard be referred to as “promiscuous”?

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Heard is crucified in the court of public opinion and her career is finished. I'm sure Mcdonalds is hiring but they probably wouldn't take her either.

Her testimony on the stand was genuinely cringeworthy, my dog stood on a bee anyone..........

She must be a grandmaster level make up artist covering all those large ring fisted beatings a day before public appearances where she looks flawless, that or just a bad liar who wasn't ever planning on this reckoning.

What will the jury decide? Who knows. I would wager a victory for Depp but probably not the full amount.

Heard is crucified in the court of public opinion and her career is finished.
I highly doubt this whichever way the verdict goes. People have done much worse than her & their film careers continued. Even right now she has two movies in post-production & one in pre-production.

Well, post-production means it'd already been shot, so we can't glean much from those either way. We'll see what happens from here on out. A lot of people have done worse, but rarely has it been so meticulously detailed for all to see. Fair or not, celebrity offenses land different when we simply read them described in a news article. Which is why I'm surprised they let it get this far.

Neither outcome would surprise me. I never thought much of Heard as an actress either way, though. Maybe it's more that people will tolerate the uber-talented doing bad things (if at all possible) because their blacklisting would actually lead to a clear artistic loss, while the more marginally gifted actors are a lot more fungible.

Well, post-production means it'd already been shot, so we can't glean much from those either way.
The Aquaman movie is not due out until March of next year. Does a completed movie take that long for release?

I stand corrected. Why on earth would Heard be referred to as “promiscuous”?
Because people are looking to be hurtful. Truth means nothing, epsecially on social media it seems to me. The polarisation of 'debate' means that if you're not demeaning or negative towards the 'other' then you're not really on their 'side.' It's a very sad state of affairs.

I highly doubt this whichever way the verdict goes. People have done much worse than her & their film careers continued. Even right now she has two movies in post-production & one in pre-production.
What are the movies you're referencing here? 2 in post and 1 pre?

"This was MeToo without any MeToo" was the "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit" line, but not quite as memorable.

I assume she was referencing what's on IMDB:

Cool, I usually look at wikipedia and didn't see anything past Aquaman 2.

Because people are looking to be hurtful. Truth means nothing, epsecially on social media it seems to me. The polarisation of 'debate' means that if you're not demeaning or negative towards the 'other' then you're not really on their 'side.' It's a very sad state of affairs.
I love all the name-calling & negative descriptions of people we don’t even know.

Verdict incoming 3pm Eastern time.

I love all the name-calling & negative descriptions of people we don’t even know.
We do it all the time. I never met Putin but I think he's a pretty evil dude. Same with OJ Simpson. Never met him but I still think he's a murderous piece of shit. You see stuff about people, you read stuff about people, you come to conclusions about those people. It's normal.

I've seen enough of Amber and Johnny on the stand to make a few judgements about them and I think Amber is a pretty crappy person. I have no doubt that she's a liar (either she's lying or EVERYBODY else is), I have very little doubt that she's an abusive person and I also think she's an adulterer. She appears to have used Johnny to advance her career. She's just a bad person in my opinion.

I think Johnny is the same guy he was back when River Phoenix died at his club - an alcoholic and drug addict. He's seems a little loopy but I haven't see anything credible that suggests he's a violent person, much less a "monster."

Justice!

The trick is not minding
We do it all the time. I never met Putin but I think he's a pretty evil dude. Same with OJ Simpson. Never met him but I still think he's a murderous piece of shit. You see stuff about people, you read stuff about people, you come to conclusions about those people. It's normal.

I've seen enough of Amber and Johnny on the stand to make a few judgements about them and I think Amber is a pretty crappy person. I have no doubt that she's a liar (either she's lying or EVERYBODY else is), I have very little doubt that she's an abusive person and I also think she's an adulterer. She appears to have used Johnny to advance her career. She's just a bad person in my opinion.

I think Johnny is the same guy he was back when River Phoenix died at his club - an alcoholic and drug addict. He's seems a little loopy but I haven't see anything credible that suggests he's a violent person, much less a "monster."
While I agree with a lot of what you have said, I should point out Depp does have a history of violence and anger issues, such attacking a paparazzi and trashing his hotel room in the 90’s, and there the matter of the video where he clearly was smashing things around.

Now, some quibble about it, or point to it in being in the past, which doesn’t matter any, and he definitely was provoked by a seemingly “innocent” prod by Heard, where it was clear she hoping for that type of response, but it doesn’t excuse his actions. Nor hers. They both have issues.

It bears mentioning that he despite the past issues, there have never been any about him hitting a woman at all. His exes have all come to his defense on the issue. So that bears some weight as well.