A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

The scene where Franklin falls down while taking a leak.
That scene, coupled with the resentment of childhood arguments about whether or not the film really happened (I was correct, for the record) really created an adversarial relationship with the film.

It was an uphill battle at that point for me to turn around on the film. It took multiple watches on different formats, with each giving a more positive outlook, until I was able to appreciate and love the film. I had a similar experience with Dawn of the Dead.

Franklin and Flyboy still ****ing suck and the films would be better off without them.

That scene, coupled with the resentment of childhood arguments about whether or not the film really happened (I was correct, for the record) really created an adversarial relationship with the film.

It was an uphill battle at that point for me to turn around on the film. It took multiple watches on different formats, with each giving a more positive outlook, until I was able to appreciate and love the film. I had a similar experience with Dawn of the Dead.

Franklin and Flyboy still ****ing suck and the films would be better off without them.
I found the characters relatable (loud annoying guy who nobody likes, incompetent moron who makes every situation worse). Other movies and characters show us who we could be, Franklin and Flyboy show us who we are.

I found the characters relatable (loud annoying guy who nobody likes, incompetent moron who makes every situation worse). Other movies and characters show us who we could be, Franklin and Flyboy show us who we are.
I wouldn’t want you in my horror movies either.

*mic drop*

I wouldn’t want you in my horror movies either.

*mic drop*
Sounds like you don't like realism.

Sounds like you don't like realism.
Duh. I like convoluted plots, bad dubbing and Edwige Fenech. I have taste.

Duh. I like convoluted plots, bad dubbing and Edwige Fenech. I have taste.
*falls down while taking a leak*

*aims a sloppy raspberry in MKS' direction on behalf of Franklin*
*the raspberry misses because you have the aim of Flyboy*

Yes. Exactly.
That scene is so intense and utterly chilling. As I've said, and I assume we can speak freely about the scene here, the way that one ends where he just hangs her on the hook and goes back about his business as she struggles, like, as you say, the way she struggles for her life as he picks her up and drags her back in, I don't think there was anything quite like that and I really don't think any movie has ever quite captured it the same way, at least not one I've ever seen and it's not like I haven't been looking.
It's interesting that we have now three submissions for Most Intense Scene In The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and I think all three of them are winners.
Yeah, but all three of those scenes are from the first half of it, which, at the risk of coming off like a Negative Horror Nancy again, is kind of "telling" of that movie in general...

I think it’s perfectly reasonable to hate Flyboy. I don’t know if that’s the movie’s intention but he’s definitely portrayed as more of a dork and not as cool as Roger and Peter. Great zombie though.

Yeah, but all three of those scenes are from the first half of it, which, at the risk of coming off like a Negative Horror Nancy again, is kind of "telling" of that movie in general...

*thinks about what it would be like if the scene I chose were to happen in the latter half of the film or the film continued being like that in the latter half...*

Well... Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer is a good movie. A different movie, but it is a good movie.

My scene is from the latter half, but keep hiding anyway.

I think it’s perfectly reasonable to hate Flyboy. I don’t know if that’s the movie’s intention but he’s definitely portrayed as more of a dork and not as cool as Roger and Peter. Great zombie though.
I do appreciate that he looks identical to Hugh Laurie and he’s nowhere near as bad as Franklin.

Victim of The Night

I thought the family dinner scene was in the second. And of course, the most famous scene of the movie is the last one.
No, it's not a movie that I feel like lets up but perhaps the "earlier" scenes are particularly memorable because you didn't know what you were getting into yet.

Franklin > Edwige Fenech
This is one of those opinions that you should’ve kept locked deep within yourself until one day you find the strength to crush it into oblivion, as if you never had that opinion at all.

This is one of those opinions that you should’ve kept locked deep within yourself until one day you find the strength to crush it into oblivion, as if you never had that opinion at all.

It's a great opinion as Fenech has never done anything for me and Franklin brings me joy, especially when he dies.

Also, he allows some of the movies perverse strangeness to seep into the otherwise generally bland group of hippy fodder

Also, as hateable as Franklin is, hating his character is the kind of opinion that, while possibly acceptable to the general public, should be hidden from those who really know what's what. He is integral to the film and the film would suffer from the lack of him. One of the most notable characters in any kind of film like this.

Also, what Rock said. Even though I'm sure he is just as despondent over my complete lack of love towards Fenech.

If it makes you feel better, he's only comparing their physical beauty.

I do appreciate that he looks identical to Hugh Laurie and he’s nowhere near as bad as Franklin.
I got more of a Jack Klugman vibe.

It's a great opinion as Fenech has never done anything for me and Franklin brings me joy, especially when he dies.
I stopped reading here. I needed to spare you of the irreparable damage you were doing to your reputation. I encourage everyone else to do the same. For Crum’s sake.