What character scared you as a child?

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

And the Flying Monkeys from The Wizard of Oz

I watched Salem's Lot at an age when I was evidently not ready for such things, because it scarred me pretty bad. As I sprinted down the hallway to my bedroom every night I had to pass a dark room with a chair facing the door, and I was convinced that one night I'd look in there and see Geoffrey Lewis sitting there staring at me.

Every time that trolley showed up, things started to get a little uneasy. In a show filled with creepy characters Lady Elaine was the creepiest.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Every time that trolley showed things started to get a little uneasy. In a show filled with creepy characters Lady Elaine was the creepiest.

I don't recognize Lady Elaine. Is she from Mister Rogers' Neighborhood?

Yes she is. I didn't watch Mr. Rogers often and that entire world that the trolley went to is a big reason. I didn't like the King or that weird meow meow kitty either but Lady Elaine was just a nightmare of a puppet.

“I was cured, all right!”

Regan/Pazuzu was the only time I got scared watching something. It was a trauma, I was six. Watched hidden from my parents just to go to their room sleep with them 'cause I was so freaking scared of the dark. ha-ha
The image of Regan going down the stairs haunted my dreams for months.

"In the water I'm a very skinny lady"
I don't recognize Lady Elaine. Is she from Mister Rogers' Neighborhood?
Years ago I worked in a Savings Bank. The Head Teller looked exactly like Lady Elaine. She had red blotchy skin, bulbous nose AND she was very short. I had to hold in a laugh every time I spoke to her. It felt like I was talking to a hand puppet.

The creatures from Don't Be Afraid of the Dark' (1973).
This is from the 2010 film remake and they are adorable.

I watched Salem's Lot at an age when I was evidently not ready for such things, because it scarred me pretty bad. As I sprinted down the hallway to my bedroom every night I had to pass a dark room with a chair facing the door, and I was convinced that one night I'd look in there and see Geoffrey Lewis sitting there staring at me.
My son asked me once what was the scariest movie. I said no movie is scary, there are scary scenes in movies. He asked what I thought was scary scenes. The window scratching from Salem' s Lot and the ending of Carrie. I know the ending of Carrie scene on YouTube scared him, when I showed it to him.

I dunno about character, but I saw The Omen way too young and a particular moment, the one I'm sure you can all guess, freaked me out for awhile.

Ah, yeah. The scene where they tried to get Damien to go to church.

I was a little kid in the early 80s so I was both drawn to and terrified of Freddy. The, "he'll kill you in your dreams," is a good way to make those nightmares hit harder. Also the malleability of dream logic of when the world will shift and just try to kill you is tough to reason your childhood brain out of.

ETA, also growing up near to an area referred to as the blood triangle, sharks. Mainly great whites. Jaws was to blame for a large part of this. I'm not sure if Bruce counts as a character or a concept.

Ah, yeah. The scene where they tried to get Damien to go to church.
The scenes in The Omen are fun watches!

The Nanny, the plate of glass and the priest, I enjoy them all!