Movies You Anticipated To Be Good That Turned Out To Be Disappointing

Tools    

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I won't say I didn't like Mystic River but I thought it was going to be better.
I will say I didn't like Mystic River.

I'm starting to develop a strong dislike for Laura Linney.

Welcome to the human race...
2001: A Space Odyssey. I'd heard so much about it that when I finally saw it, it was pretty long and boring to tell the truth. Good and all, but too drawn-out.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
i gotta say i was slightly disappointed in blade runner
*runs for cover*

because people had kept telling me how fantastic and amazing it was, but nobody told me the storyline or anything about it. So when i first watched it, i was a lil confused about some things and i really could've done without the most boring commentary in the world from harrison ford. I like it a lot now that ive watched it a couple of times but i didnt at first

Those are fair comments ucl.
Harrison ford made the commentary as rubbish as possible on purpose so they wouldnt use it, but they did anyway.
If you havent seen the directers cut yet you should as soon as, you will appreciate it more.

A system of cells interlinked
Hmmm, where are people seeing the original cut? It isn't available on DVD, just the directors cut (the good version, IMO). That voice over in the theatrical version is lame...

The Day After Tomorrow.

Witch's Jewel
Most the big 'epics' were disappointing to me.

Troy- I was waiting for that movie since I first heard it was going to be made (2002). I loved the Illiad and the Odyssey and I couldn't wait to watch it. I should have known it wouldn't be good once I found out Orlando Bloom and Brad Pitt were involved.

Van Helsing- I was excited because I'd read Dracula and it looked stunning from the trailers. I was laughing so much during the film because of the crap Romanian accents.

Harry Potter- The first one. By the second I kind of realised they weren't going to be very good. My greatest annoyance was Hagrid stating Fluffy had come from an Irish fellow when Cerberus was clearly from Greek mythology. Really, how hard is it to read the book?! What made it more irritating was the fact it wasn't changed due to a better paced script or to cut down time.

A Clockwork Orange- Running the risk of being lynched. I was told it was a brilliant film but I didn't really see the brilliance in it. To tell the truth, I kind of fell asleep, then again the fact I was watching it at 1:00am in the morning might have been the case. My friends had waxed lyrical about it for ages but it wasn't for me.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Clockwork IS a brilliant film(not as good as the book) I guess some people just don't understand Kubrick's style(or the movie).I mean i've watched it at 5 am. And I still thought it was brilliant.

Witch's Jewel
I watched Lolita and I thought that was brilliant.

coke kills drink pepsi
The Village

Witch's Jewel
Probably right. Then again I haven't seen all of them as most of them were made before I was born. In fact, Eyes Wide Shut is the only one made after and it was on TV the other night, however, my mother wouldn't let me watch it. She's still rather conservative and she has no idea I've watched A Clockwork Orange or Lolita or even Kill Bill.

Originally Posted by Twilight's Dawn
Which one

i just saw AVP

i'm speechless...it was that bad

Originally Posted by Twilight's Dawn
Same here. I found it to be a very black (and very funny) comedy, and I thought Mason's performance was outstanding.

I shall add 2 more recent movies too my dissappointing list...

1) The Villiage- M Night's only terrible movie
2) Alien vs. Predator- Boring movie