What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The Count of Monte Cristo
Pursuit of Happyness

The Halloween season made me feel the need for some good ol' horror flicks

Lost in never never land
12 Monkeys, The Lost Room (Sci-Fi Channel mini-series, tons better then Sci-Fi Channel original movies), You Kill Me, and Black Sheep.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

The children of the corn boxset - because I've only ever seen the first one so I bought the next two. I can't seem to find the other four though

The People's Republic of Clogher

Kitano's Zatoichi R3 double disc - DTS audio track, better print than the standard R2, the usual shtick.

Cheap too.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Exorcist II, The heretic.

Had to complete my collection.
Does it include the original version I saw at the theatre? Before they recut it to keep people from throwing sodas at the screen? (Yuck, what a mess.)

Originally Posted by mark f
Does it include the original version I saw at the theatre? Before they recut it to keep people from throwing sodas at the screen? (Yuck, what a mess.)
I actually threw my soda at the screen once, in my reckless youth (okay, I was nineteen, not that young). It was at the end of Jim Cameron's The Abyss, when the big thingie surfaces, miraculously saving everybody, and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio's character meets Ed Harris in the center of the bright sunshiny day and says, "We should all be dead." That was the point that I stood up, shouted, "Yeah, you should be!" and lobbed my soda at the screen like a concession stand Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. Then my friends and I stormed out of the theater, muttering about hours of our lives we'd never get back. This would have been more impressive an act if there were more people in the theater at the time. Besides the three of us there was one couple at the back of the theater, and I think my antics only woke them up or briefly halted their make-out session.

ANYway...

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

You know, I haven't even watched it yet. It's definitely my least favorite of the series so I was hoping that since I haven't watched it in years I may be able to find some redeeming quality that I simply missed in my youth.

Couple that with the fact that it was sitting in a large crate at the grocery store, accompanied by a quantity of similar horror genre failures, with a $4.99 price tag.

How can I lose in this deal, says I to myself. I shall one day soon let you know how I answer.