Switchback (1997)

Tools    

An interesting cast (great film for the old "link" game).
Dennis Quaid
Danny Glover
Jared Leto
R. Lee Ermey
William Fichtner
Ted Levine
Walt Goggins
A great opening "hook" (albeit with a jump scare).

A somewhat unconventional road-movie structure.

Is it great? No. But if you're tired of re-watching Silence of the Lambs and Silverado this isn't a bad film to revisit now and then.

And you can watch it on Amazon for the time being.

God, I saw this such a long time ago. Remember enjoying it, but I'll be damned if I remember anything about it.

God, I saw this such a long time ago. Remember enjoying it, but I'll be damned if I remember anything about it.

Exactly. It's a "Roofie Movie." Perfect rewatchability. Not because it is perfect, but because it is both pleasing and forgettable.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
I liked this movie. Not seen it in years but defo worth a watch.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

Yeah solid Thriller. Halfway through I realized I had seen it already, still a very enjoyable re-watch. Slightly underrated on imdb 6.6, it was more between 70 and 75/100 for me.
Got any more of this type of film @Corax ?

Corax has not chosen any favorite movies yet.

Yeah solid Thriller. Halfway through I realized I had seen it already, still a very enjoyable re-watch. Slightly underrated on imdb 6.6, it was more between 70 and 75/100 for me.
Got any more of this type of film @Corax ?

In the genre? No, but I think we can name oddball films that were OK, but largely forgotten. Everyone remembers Better off Dead, but not many remember 3:00 'O Clock High. Everyone remembers Airplane, but not as many remember Top Secret. Everyone remembers Weird Science, but My Science Project is a fuzzy memory. The Bear? Barfly? Enemy Mine? My Chauffeur? The Presidio? American Flyers? At Close Range? Blue City? Night of the Creeps? Big Town? Amazon Women on the Moon? Date with an Angel? Alien Nation? Tequila Sunrise? Waxwork?

In the genre? No, but I think we can name oddball films that were OK, but largely forgotten. Everyone remembers Better off Dead, but not many remember 3:00 'O Clock High. Everyone remembers Airplane, but not as many remember Top Secret. Everyone remembers Weird Science, but My Science Project is a fuzzy memory. The Bear? Barfly? Enemy Mine? My Chauffeur? The Presidio? American Flyers? At Close Range? Blue City? Night of the Creeps? Big Town? Amazon Women on the Moon? Date with an Angel? Alien Nation? Tequila Sunrise? Waxwork?
Not quite what I was looking for, I should've been more specific but I did watchlist some of those titles Amazon Women on the Moon looks like a lot of fun, so thank you! Was looking for slightly underrated almost forgotten 90's Thrillers.. I'll try; Murder at 1600 1997, Internal Affairs 1990 and Heaven's Prisoners 1996 from IMDB's 'More like this' section.

Not quite what I was looking for, I should've been more specific but I did watchlist some of those titles Amazon Women on the Moon looks like a lot of fun, so thank you! Was looking for slightly underrated almost forgotten 90's Thrillers.. I'll try; Murder at 1600 1997, Internal Affairs 1990 and Heaven's Prisoners 1996 from IMDB's 'More like this' section.

Gotcha. It's kind of tough to list those on a movie forum (people here watch a lot of movies, so what counts as forgotten is harder to peg and most people here can name 10x more movies than I've seen).

From the 1990s I think some decent but overlooked/forgetten films are Best Laid Plans, The Edge, La Femme Nikita, and Romeo is Bleeding.