MoFo Fantasy Football 2014 - WEEK 9

Tools    

The Buffalo Bills and the New England Patriots. Two teams that I utterly despised at different times. Way back when I wasnt a Bucs fan, just wouldnt support a team that did everything they could to suck (pre-Dungy era), and was a Raiders fan. I loved the history of the Raiders, the Al Davis stories, and them being the bad guys of the NFL. I started liking the Raiders the year after they won their last Super Bowl.

Scroll forward a few years, and the Raiders looked like they were gonna make a run for the title. They had an incredible running back named Bo Jackson. Bo was single handidly on his way to taking the Raiders to the Super Bowl, and was able to take them to the AFC championship game @ Buffalo. Problem was, Bo got hurt the game before the AFC championship beating the Bengals. It was a degenerative bone disease that ended his NFL career, and the Raiders had to go to Buffalo without Bo.

January 20, 1991. It was ugly. I mean, bad. Jay Schroeder was the Raiders QB, and whenever he had to do more than hand the ball off, he would eventually fall apart. The Bills were unmerciful, and kept running up the score over and over again. They dismantled the Raiders to a tune of 51-3. The Buffalo fans were so hysterically happy they destroyed parts of their own stadium after the game. I hated the Buffalo Bills.

Without going into too much desription of my disdain, Ill just say that Super Bowl vs the Giants when Scott Norwood missed that field goal, I LOVED it. I was jumping up and down like the Raiders had won the big show. The super bowl after that when Jim Kelly had to be removed from the game vs Washington in tears, I was happy.

Eventually all those players and coaches retired, and I felt it silly to still hate the franchise. Years later the New England Patriots put on an offensive spectacle the NFL had never seen. In 2008 the Patriots not only beat teams, they ran up the score to ridiculous degrees. It was nothing but a bullying. My old disdain of the Bills then shifted to New England, and I even made a point to never have a Patriot on my fantasy football teams, till now.

In 2014 there are 4 players in Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Sammy Watkins, and the Buffalo Bills defense which make up the majority of my firepower. I dont hate the Bills anymore, and have cooled on New England. Its like they say, you cant go homer when making a team as all your eggs are in one basket, but also you cant have prejudices when structuring a team too. If I do end up FINALLY winning the MoFo Championship with this squad, it would be truly fitting.

As of Week 9, the top 14 in FFB....

#1 Andrew Luck, dayuuuum. Indianapolis made the right call cause the kid maybe is the next Peyton.

#2 DeMarco Murray. After all that money spent over all these years, and Jerry Jones finally realized he needed to invest in an offensive line. Results are tremendous.

#3 Arian Foster. When healthy hes the real deal, and now we learned how tough he really is.

#4 Matt Forte. Very slow start, and a seriously strong surge since.

#5 Aaron Rodgers. Solid and steady.

#6 Peyton Manning. Solid and steady

#7 Philip Rivers. If he played for Dallas would that be an improvement for them? Interesting topic, I got the clemp, talk amongst yoselves

#8 Antonio Brown. The real deal. Im surprised hes still surging forward as I thought his best was last year.

#9 Jay Cutler. Well I know it would be an improvement for the Bears to have Rivers.

#10 Russell Wilson. Surprising! Very surprising.

#11 LeVeon Bell. Hes higher on this list than 11 on the trading block, believe dat!

#12 Ben Rothlessberger. Who knew?! Yeah Bens still a great passer, and though late in his career he may have the best tandem of WRs hes ever thrown too.

#13 Demaryious Thomas. Surprised hes not higher.

#14 Randall Cobb. Like Jeremy Maclin, came back from last years injury like a champ.

A system of cells interlinked
Love the Bill/Pats post, Tongs!

Im discovering the hard way that having your primary RBs handcuff isnt necessarily a good thing. Theo Riddicks great, but Travaris Cadet is continuing to stink up the joint. Its really not the team or offensive scheme, its the player that makes the difference.

Jets Jets Jets.... Lets Go.

It's not that weird that I'm playing the same D in both leagues this week (though I don't think it's happened yet this year), but it is weird that both my opponents are playing Minnesota.

LT's team comes out swinging this week!

Mine...not so much.
I was so confident too, but now Im needing a strong showing from my WRs to pull this one out.

Well! I spoke too soon. Brady, Gronk, and Hillman all have had great 2nd halves of the game.

This doesnt belong in this thread but I found it incredibly odd. One of the 21 people that follow me on Twitter is........Jose Bautista Yes it is the real Bautista (at least if you trust Google), weve never corresponded, and heck he doesnt even speak english. He follows over 300K people, I just dont see the sense in why people do that. Go figure.

Hey Chris, how does my 57.72 this week rank as far as worst weekly totals go?