Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

This is so great. Yay. Annoying that Ben spent so many years in the wrong job, and being so awful at it too.
I’ve been incredibly lucky recently. Fantastic shit.

Back to the Future II

the best of the three!

This is so great. Yay. Annoying that Ben spent so many years in the wrong job, and being so awful at it too.
I’ve been incredibly lucky recently. Fantastic shit.
I'm looking forward to this. When can I see it without going to the cinema?

I'm looking forward to this. When can I see it without going to the cinema?
Good question. I haven’t liked anything this much for a long time, it was mind-blowingly great. So I’ve just been looking for ways to rewatch it at home (literally 10 minutes ago). Now, I know we have rules here against this, but despite being pretty good at discovering all sorts of unorthodox streaming options, I haven’t as yet found it available anywhere. But when I find it somewhere, I’ll let you know.

Good question. I haven’t liked anything this much for a long time, it was mind-blowingly great. So I’ve just been looking for ways to rewatch it at home (literally 10 minutes ago). Now, I know we have rules here against this, but despite being pretty good at discovering all sorts of unorthodox streaming options, I haven’t as yet found it available anywhere. But when I find it somewhere, I’ll let you know.
My wife wants to see it too so I have to wait til it's somewhere legit and we can watch on the TV.

Never seen this, actually.

It was alright — a bit meandering and honestly nothing much. Meryl rocks, but we knew that already.

Le Cercle Rouge. JP Melville.

Now and again, you find a "special" one. From one of my cheesy, late night monster DVD sets, a movie I do recall from late night TV monster movie shows, The Monolith Monsters (1959). It's an improbable plot. Meteors from space. One of them starts to make more rocks. It's a chemical freak, a rock that reproduces. It doesn't have any purpose. It just makes more big rocks that fall on people and buildings, smashing everything in the big valley out west where it was filmed. If you come into contact with these rocks, YOU turn into stone.

Surprisingly, for a movie like this, acting and monochrome cinematography is really quite good. It's much more dramatic than cheesy. I like this one.

Now and again, you find a "special" one. From one of my cheesy, late night monster DVD sets, a movie I do recall from late night TV monster movie shows, The Monolith Monsters (1959). It's an improbable plot. Meteors from space. One of them starts to make more rocks. It's a chemical freak, a rock that reproduces. It doesn't have any purpose. It just makes more big rocks that fall on people and buildings, smashing everything in the big valley out west where it was filmed. If you come into contact with these rocks, YOU turn into stone.

Surprisingly, for a movie like this, acting and monochrome cinematography is really quite good. It's much more dramatic than cheesy. I like this one.
I can't believe I've never heard of this one! Looks pretty sporty. I'll have to add it to the list, for sure.