Movies that you loved as a child...

Tools    

But when you saw it again when you were older, you either thought wtf was i thiking?! or left you sadly disappointed.

.....doesn't know what to put here!
I watched Die Another Day on VHS when i was 11, i was so amazed by it all, i thought it looked so realistic, i watched it a couple of months ago and realised how cheesy it the CGI was, still good though...

Last DVD watched-Scary Movie 3

Last DVD Bought-Scary Movie 3

I would say some of the Disney classics like The Little Mermaid, Beauty & The Beast and also Peter and the Wolf, The Red Balloon.

T2: Judgement day, I must've seen it a million times.

...uh the post is up there...

Oh, yea...Ghostbusters I & II, My girl, Casper, Who framed roger rabbit, and The last starfighter. I grew up in the early-to-mid 90's, so these shouldn't be any surprise.

Beware The Probe!
Mostly Star Wars (or pretty much anything space related) and Godzilla movies when I was a kid.

I also liked alot of the Disney movies back then: the Witch Mountain movies, The Shaggy D.A., Herbie the Love Bug movies, The Cat From Outer Space, The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, The Strongest Man In The World.

Uh. Anything with Jean-Claude Van Damme in it. I'm ashamed. I really am.

Welcome to the human race...
FILMFREAK087 - he means movies that you don't like anymore. I think you still like the ones you mentioned.

i cant really think of any. I have a certain respect for anything i appreciated when i was younger.

I think the last example of what your looking for was a dog movie called Fluke, i re-watched it and thought it was extremely hammy but its still got the best soundtrack that ive heard and i dont dis movie because there aimed at a younger audience.

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
Old Yeller (1957) starring Fess Parker and Tommy Kirk

I saw this when I was 9 years old and it was absolutely heartbreaking, a real tearjearker. Watching it more than 40 years later I found it cruely manipulative of a child's emotions. I think it possible that a great many kids were scarred for life by this movie.

Oh, movies I don't like anymore...Teenage mutant ninja turtles, I can't believe I ever thought it was good.

Myself, I don't really have an answer mainly because I never bother revisiting old favourites.

The closest I can think of is the entire Indiana Jones trilogy. I've watched them countless times since I was old enough to watch movies and on the occasional re-watching I do wonder why I ever liked them in the first place, but most of the time I still like them all.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Wow! I've never once wondered why I like the Indy movies. They are movies, and they represent movement and the desire to keep an audience enthralled. They do it wonderfully, for the most part.

Mark - it's hard to explain really. Of course I reckon the movies are great, and that seems to be the problem, because I consistently expect them to entertain me in the same way each time I watch them. Take for example my Top 100 that I did a couple of years back, where I listed Raiders as #1. After having got the idea in my head that "Raiders is my favourite movie ever" I went back to watching it and it's like "wait a minute, doesn't really feel like it's as great as I say it is" so the illusion was kind of broken there.

This actually isn't a bad thing, because my view of the movie always comes out on top. If I watch it thinking it's excellent, I come out realising it's not that good. But if I watch it again thinking it's not that good, I come out thinking it's excellent. Strange cycle, but I've found it important to evaluating the movies I really like.

My wee years used to drive my mom & dad and older sister nuts because I would watch the same movie over and over and over again. My older sister would say let's watch this movie and I would say, NO!!!!!!, I want to watch The Wizard Of Oz. I must have watched that movie at least 2000 times growing until I sat on it and broke the tape.

I'm a fan of moster movies, and one that I fondly remembered from seeing as a kid was Reptilicus. As an adult (and a Dad) I was very excited to see it offered on Netflix and rented it to show to my teenage son. Man, this thing was so bad it would have made perfect MST3K fodder (in fact, it may have, for all I know).

At least my son and I had a good laugh about it.

Movie Forums Extra
I watched Die Another Day on VHS when i was 11, i was so amazed by it all, i thought it looked so realistic, i watched it a couple of months ago and realised how cheesy it the CGI was, still good though..

^ Dude, you just copied some other dude...

I watched Die Another Day on VHS when i was 11, i was so amazed by it all, i thought it looked so realistic, i watched it a couple of months ago and realised how cheesy it the CGI was, still good though...
I have a bad feeling about this...