My Movie Website

Tools    

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Is right here.

Granted, it's still in its development stages, like the banner, the photo gallery, and the side menu bar. We're working right now on some custom scripts for a daily news box and cleaning out the various paths one must click to get to a page that the side menu provides for them. And the counter is messed up- it adds up whenever you go to any page and not just the home. It's some sort of cookie problem.

We have three movies up, and we're filming one right now and we're on pre-pro for another.

I have my own blog, which consists of me talking about the weirder things in life and shedding my own opinion on various topics.

Tell us what you think about them and everything else in our forum or even in this thread; either way would greatly suffice.

I guess I can say that my site and blog won't appeal to everyone, but to those who do, spread the word about it to your friends. I'd appreciate it, and I'm glad that you enjoyed our work.

P.S. I'd like to thank Peter (OG-) for giving me the details on the great web hoster that we both now work with. Without him, my site would probably stink worse than it already is.

Nice site, sorry, i tried to watch one of your movies, it took hrs to download, in the end I just gave up

We're trying to figure out what the overall problem is in terms of why some people are saying our films are taking awhile to load. Half don't complain, while the other half does. I think it could either be your computer or internet, or something that hasn't quite caught my eye yet.

But thanks for checking it out.

Hey Seth, I've watched most of your movies before. I get a kick out of the birthday cake one! It reminds me of how insane I used to behave when I was a teenager. lol.

Hey, thanks for the feedback.

All I ask is that you guys tell your friends, and help spread the word about us. That'd be really orgasmic if you could.

Jason, nebbs... what did you guys think?

Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
Jason, nebbs... what did you guys think?
All i can say is: I want one of those things you were served up for Dinner
I also like the root one

We have a new movie up in our National Holiday section called December 2nd: Get A Clue Day.

Here's some advice for you:

- It might help to watch it twice.
- Using your imagination to fill in the "gaps" makes it more fun to watch.
- Pay attention to the character's dialogue in the garage to get a better feel as to what was going on behind the door with the mysterious red light.

Hope you MoFo's enjoy it.

I'll be her toilet? I don't understand...What is he saying when he's whispering, just before the girl comes in the garage?

Originally Posted by nebbit
Maybe it is just reference to she can be dirty to him
okay, that makes some sense. Thanks nebbs

Thanks folks.

So far, feedback on that one has been good. Please tell your friends, it'd be great.

Say, does anyone have any ideas on how I can promote my site other than word of mouth and posting MySpace bulletins?

We made a new movie and we posted it up.

It's called December 25th. It's much more tamer than the other National Holiday episodes, but it's actually getting good reviews and people are saying it has the best acting out of all of them so far.

Just remember to tell your friends about my site. Word of mouth is starting to slowly kick in, which is good and I want to see it gradually grow. Kudos to those of you who've already done what I've so easilly asked .

Dude, I watched, Bon Appetit!. Some good stuff. Why was the file 9mbs? You should be able to get the same quality while having the file size smaller. Try posting MOVS and not AVIS. MOV gives you a lot more options.

Here's some constructive critisicm. Tweak you audio. It sounded like it was clipping. You can do that in your timeline with what's called "rubber banding." All you need to do is set keyframes in your audio and slide them up or down so that you get them to hit -12db's in your audio's level. Nice editing by the way. I like the last shot of the guy being thrown on the table and the way it shakes the camera. NICE. Anyways, like I said, some good stuff. Just tweak your audio, output it is mono too, and think about exporting your final piece as a quicktime movie.

Keep making movies no matter what. It's the best thing an aspiring filmmaker can do.

Oh yeah, since you're probably shooting on digital, try taping off your view finder into different aspect ratios to see what each of them has to offer. You can find those ratios on the web. You'll be able to play sides a lot differently. If you're planning on using these for things besides the web, stick with your camcorders native chip ratio, 4:3.

Again, good luck.

EDIT:
DUDE! People are not watching your movies from your website because they're freakin huge. I though the 9mb one was big but you've got things on there that are 100mbs and 200mbs. Export those bad-boys into quicktime and mess with the settings until you can get something good that's around 5-8 mbs.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Thanks, Pimp. I wrote down some things I want to do for the site in '07.

For one, I'm going to convert all the Movies, not National Holiday, to MPEG-4 format so that people can put them onto their iPod's.

As for Quicktime and .mov's, yeah, I've considered it, but for some reason my friend, the website dude, told me to wait on putting anything Quicktime related onto the site... I honestly don't know why he said that. Though of course, he's the type of guy you wouldn't want to touch you.

I'll take a look at that audio situation and see what I can do about it.

Thanks for complimenting my editing skills and your enjoyment of my movies and the encouragment of continuing on with films. Thanks for that.

Don't forget to tell your friends as well, please.

I'll be sure to post all new film and updates in this thread.

Anyone else see the new National Holiday? If so, what'd ya think?

I'm contemplating uploading one of the earliest films I ever made, Night of the Stupid Dead, to both the site and on YouTube. It's 8 minutes long, so gay MySpace film won't hold it.

Stupid Tom Anderson.

I say "contemplate" because the humor is immature, 8th grade based humor (because it was made when I was in the 8th grade) One nice little tid-bit about it is that when I brought it in, I accidently broadcasted it throughout my entire middle school, so whoever had their televisions on saw it, instead of the intended second period English class. I didn't get in trouble for it, but I was never allowed to show that or any other of my movies at my middle school from that point on.

Looks as if I struck controversy at an early age.

Still, I'm sure some people would like to see my earliest work and how I started off. I mean, everyone has to start somewhere.

Anywho, if I decide to do it, I'll post another post saying such things.