Scariest Scene in a movie

Tools    

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
Wow I agree with so many of your picks. I haven't seen the Exorcist the extended version, but that head roll thing didn't scare me as much as I thought it would. Probably had already anticipated that from what I'd heard.

- Definitely the twins in the hallway in The Shining, I spent the next few nights wishing I hadn't been so stupid as to get that image in my head in the first place.
- I agree with Thunder Chunky. I hate clowns as well, since I was a little kid. I'd hoped to overcome my fear by watching IT, watched the first 15 mins without audio and still freaked.
- There's also a movie I don't know how many have seen, stars Shannen Doherty titled Almost Dead, where she plays a girl haunted by the ghost of her dead mother. The scene is where she's running and decides to take refuge in a church. When she looks up from her prayer, her ghostly corpse of a mother with rotting skin, and sunken eyes is looking back at her all gleeful with a rat crawling out of her mouth! I can't get that face out of my mind till now for like almost 10 years!
- The last scene from Misery where Paul Sheldon is in a cafe and imagines Annie Wilkes coming to him with a knife also haunts me at times.
- And this isn't from the movies but there's a theatre play in London that I caught titled Woman in Black about a house with a dark secret. In all the posters, brochures and theatre guides do they feature only two men and their props, but during the show you get a glimpse of a ghostly woman's pale white face in a completely black suit appearing and disappearing, till you believe you've really seen a ghost. There's a scene where she appears in a little girl's room on a rocking chair, rocking it harder and harder till it seems she'd fly off the chair but she doesn't. I couldn't sleep all night after that.

- Also I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but a scene that spooked me out very recently was the video of Nick Berg's beheading. Now that was scary beyond measure.

"Never let a dog pick what you watch."

My life isn't written very well.
Scariest scene for me? Final Destination airplane scene!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

So many good movies, so little time.
I'm a little claustrophobic so the scene in 'Kill Bill 2' where Beatrix was trapped in the coffin was very, very scary to me. I definitely wanted to be creamated and put on a shelf like dad in 'Meet the Parents'. Unbreakable urn please!

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Originally Posted by uconjack
I'm a little claustrophobic so the scene in 'Kill Bill 2' where Beatrix was trapped in the coffin was very, very scary to me. I definitely wanted to be creamated and put on a shelf like dad in 'Meet the Parents'. Unbreakable urn please!

Yeah, I'm not claustrophobic but I was getting pretty ancy during that scene too.
And found he was eating his shoe.

I was 10 the first time I saw The Exorcist.I'm 36 now and if I happen to see glimpses and of Reagon's face and here the demon voice gives me the willies.I swear I had nightmares for months.All that said,I watch it every so often just to see if it still creeps me out and it does.Its probrably the only movie that had any lasting affect on me.I have to go check out the new Dvd now because I wanna see the spiderwalk scene.

The closet scene in Halloween where Michael got it in the eye with a hanger did a number on me too.My parents had to work overtime on me big time to convince me there was not a boogie man.Ahhh the things my older brother made me watch while mom and dad went out.Those were the good ol days

This sounds realy stupid with you guys saying how The Exorcist was scary but the only film which I have ever been scared of was "Scream".

All night after watching that movie all that I could think of was somebody copying the movie and sneaking around my house dressed like the killer coming to kill me. I think it's due to it being realistic with the killer just being a guy with a knife and I had just found all the other movies that I had seen to be silly with the killers having powers or being monsters or something. The mask kinda freaked me out too.

What can I say I'm just from a different generation.

i saw the birds in a film criticism class... hitchcock was a genious... but the movie isnt that scary while u watch it. That day when i was drivin home a bird flew outta nowere and hit my windshield leavin a big ass cut in the glass, freaky as hell.

#1 Canadian Haylie Duff Fan
When that guy in A Cinderella Story text messages Hilary Duff and she gets all excited when she bangs her head into the locker, i was shivering and sweating fountains of water.
Lates......
(okay, whatever i just said was a total joke and this is what i really think the scariest scene in a movie was:
In Freddy Vs Jason, when the naked girl is running away from Jason and then she backs right onto him and he just keeps stabbing her and then they show all of Jason's recent victim, and then shows Jason's mother and then Freddy, i thought that was pretty freaky!

One of my favorites would have to be from the movie Fargo, when we see Peter Stormare's character forcing the rest of Steve Buscemi's character's body through the wood chipper.

Welcome to the human race...
Just to be different, I nominate the Winkies dream sequence in Mulholland Drive. A whole different kind of scare right there.

The King of Movies
Signs: I just saw it. The scene at the kids birthday in Brazil and you see that alien thing. I had heard about the scene but i never thought it would be scary. I got such a fright when i saw the alien walking out from the bushs.

Exorsist: The movie it self wasn't realy scary but when you see Regan walking down the stairs backwards scared me.

Vacancy: When they watch the tapes in the motel and realise their fate.

Thats all i can think of now.

Registered Creature
The mall scene in the 1970s version of Dawn of the Dead when the zombies break in, and start eating all the bikers. Super gory and very sickening.

Whenever Fat Bastard takes off his shirt in a movie.
B.O.
Sweaty.
Weird.
Scary.

The King of Movies
Final Destination 3: The rollar coaster acident. Since i go on rollercoasters i actualy felt like i was there.

The Strangers: When you see the killer dad appear when the chick is in the kitchen obliviouse.

The Exorcist- Spider walk down the stairs
The Ring - Samara getting out of TV
Ju-on(The Grudge Japanese version)- mechanical walk down the stairs
- peeping the CCTV
- crawling down the blanket

The Haunting (1963):
-The scene in the bedroom with the banging
-The door to the parlor being pushed inward
-...and of course at the top of the spiral staircase in the library

Zodiac, when he's in the basement and realizes who he's with.

The Descent: pretty much everything from the 20-minute mark on.

Session 9: "Hello...Gordon"

Silence of the Lambs: Buffalo Bill's house.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I think the scariest scene for me has to be in Psycho. I mean that Has to be one of the worst ways to die in my opinion. Wet, naked, and stabbed.

The scene in Ju-on-The Grudge
The one scenes where the lady wakes in middle of the night and cat and kid is sitting on bed and then other ghost bending looking at her.
(this movie creeped me out, i loved it)
Then end of Ju-on- The Grudge 2 creepy out even more.