Most anticipated 2009 films

Tools    

What are your most anticipated movies for next year ?

It's going to be hard to live up to the massive hype , but from what I've seen - it's being done by a highly passionate team.

Scorsese's next real movie , is an adaptation of the book Shutter Island. It's a much different theme than anything he's done before - and I believe in him to make this amazing.

The book was pretty boring , but it might translate better on film - along with Peter Jackson directing : i have some hope for this.

I have no clue how this is going to turn out - Spike Jonze is directing it , it's a good book - but i'm not sure how they are gona stretch it into a movie.

Wes Anderson's new movie - I have no clue what the book is even about.

Quentin Taratino's new film is the only one that isn't a book .... right ?

Registered Creature
2012. Actually, I don't know. I don't believe that the world's gonna end in 2012 just 'cause the stupid Mayans said so. But the film will probably be entertaining (and HILARIOUS). I can't wait to say "I-told-you-so". It's like the Y2K problem.

Probably Watchmen. I haven't read the book so my knowledge on it's source material is little to none. I do know that it's highly regarded and that it should at LEAST be a three star affair.

I'm also looking forward to Ryan Fleck and Anna Boden's follow up to Half Nelson. It's titled Sugar. Actually it might be coming out later this year, but I can't think of anything else that i'm ready for next year sooo...

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
Watchmen i'm looking forward to the most because the graphic novel was excellent. And pretty much everything that everybody else has said, new movies by awesome directors i'll definitely look forward to

Registered Creature
WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE.

Some test footage, I think (the monsters look incredibly cute):

Director is Spike Jonze.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Friday 13th,
Watchmen,
Inglorious bastards

Public Enemies - gangster movie starring Johnny Depp and directed by Michael Mann
Inglorious Bastards - new Tarantino film, need I say more?
Shutter Island - Scorsese/Dicaprio new film
Bruno - the other character besides Borat that was created by Sasha Cohen Baron
The Wolfman - Benicio Del Toro as the famous monster
The Soloist - new Robert Downey Jr. film
Notorious - Notorious BIG biopic
Friday the 13th - remake of the Jason Vorhees slasher flicks
Frankie Machine - new gangster film to star Robert Deniro

Oasis, the best rock band in the world today!

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
Watchmen
Inglorious Bastards
Shutter Island
Where the Wild Things Are
Friday the 13th
The Fantastic Mr. Fox
Frankie Machine
Public Enemies

A system of cells interlinked
Watchmen

Shutter Island

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Upcoming films I would like to see (probably 2009, but you release dates are different in different places...)

Australia
Awaydays
Slumdog Millionaire
Sunshine Barry and the Disco Worms (how can you not want to see something with a title like that )
Watchmen

Registered Creature
I'm excited for a lot of the movies coming out next year.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Remarkable Power! Looks funny, as does Slumdog Millionaire

Watchman: as I love the comic book, and have been reading interviews and watching the trailer over and over again. It looks quite faithful to the original material, which makes or breaks the movie for me...well along with the obvious stuff.

Slumdog Millionaire: Loved Trainspotting with a passion, so this film, hopefully will not let me down... a tiny bit worried about it, as I'm one of the few people who didn't enjoy 28 days later...but meh, we'll see, I'm sure I'll like it.

Inglorious Bastards: Yeah, this one is obvious, can't wait to see it.