Movies that you loved as a child...

Tools    

Loved Speed, my parents would only allow me to watch it when i was sick and couldn't go to school, Labyrinth, david bowie scares me now but its a classic

Lots of movies!

To name some:

The Karate Kid: I still love this film
All first 4 Rocky films: Part 4 was like the best film I had seen when it came out. Today I realize how unrealistic and corny the plot was, but it's still very exciting and the music is great!
Sesame Street's Follow That Bird: I probably saw this film hundreds of times.
The Experts: a cheesy John Travolta film during his slump years. Made in '88, I was 11 when it came out and I owned it on VHS. I saw this film thousands of times. I recently bought it, and I still enjoy it!
Ghostbusters: Who didn't like this movie. Part 2 sucked BIG time!
Ferris Bueller's Day Off: This was the coolest movie of my childhood. Cameron Frye was the ****!
The Breakfast Club: I used to sleep over my cousins' house on weekends, and they had HBO in their basement and luckily, this movie was on every weekend.
Coming To America: ArguablyEddie Murphy's best film.
Beverly Hills Cop: I was too young to watch it, but I did and it was the funniest film ever.

There's more, of course, but that's what I could squeeze out of my 31 year old brain at the moment!

Oasis, the best rock band in the world today!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Lots of movies!

To name some:

The Karate Kid: I still love this film
All first 4 Rocky films: Part 4 was like the best film I had seen when it came out. Today I realize how unrealistic and corny the plot was, but it's still very exciting and the music is great!
Sesame Street's Follow That Bird: I probably saw this film hundreds of times.
The Experts: a cheesy John Travolta film during his slump years. Made in '88, I was 11 when it came out and I owned it on VHS. I saw this film thousands of times. I recently bought it, and I still enjoy it!
Ghostbusters: Who didn't like this movie. Part 2 sucked BIG time!
Ferris Bueller's Day Off: This was the coolest movie of my childhood. Cameron Frye was the ****!
The Breakfast Club: I used to sleep over my cousins' house on weekends, and they had HBO in their basement and luckily, this movie was on every weekend.
Coming To America: ArguablyEddie Murphy's best film.
Beverly Hills Cop: I was too young to watch it, but I did and it was the funniest film ever.

There's more, of course, but that's what I could squeeze out of my 31 year old brain at the moment!
Awesome films mate

I forgot to mention RoboCop!

It was the best and funniest action film I had seen up until Terminator 2: Judgement Day came out during my early teens and then it became the second best.

I was, and still am, also a fan of Stallone's action films in the 80's, and First Blood was the coolest action film at the time. Cobra was cool too.

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
I forgot mention the Puppet Master films!! I also really love those too!!

Martian Leader

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

"A film is a putrified fountain of thought"
I loved Fantasia, Escape to Witch Mountain, and Heavy Weights. Then my dad introduced me to R rated movies with Terminator when I was 7. And so it began.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
heavy weights! hell yeah! i wanna see that movie again so bad

Gladiator was my first obsession when i was nine and then of course Fantasia and Something Wicked This Way Comes, Spice World (haha) Poltergeist

"A film is a putrified fountain of thought"
heavy weights! hell yeah! i wanna see that movie again so bad

Gladiator was my first obsession when i was nine and then of course Fantasia and Something Wicked This Way Comes, Spice World (haha) Poltergeist
Ugh totally forgot about Something Wicked This way Comes. Mr. Dark is like the best thing on this planet.

As a kid sneaking a late night viewing of Alien on HBO, now I can't stand that movie.

A system of cells interlinked
Why? Fantastic film. I think it has aged quite well. The art direction is still amazing, the tension well done, and the subtext still relevant.

Alien

I think it's a combo of seeing it too much, and all of the rediculously bad sequels. If these things actually made it to Earth, they'd have destroyed us all pretty quickly. The acid blood should have destroyed the ship anyway, long before she got to the escape pod. Don't get me started with that stupid cat either!

hmmm... i'm embarrassed to admit that some of these movies i still quite enjoy,

Ghostbuster 1 & 2
Parenthood
Wizard Of OZ AND Return To OZ!
Aladdin (Disneys)
Dirty Dancing
Stand By Me
Back To The Future (all of them)
Encino Man
Jurrasic Park

we we all young once. :P
Me too, GB!

...uh the post is up there...

I think it's a combo of seeing it too much, and all of the rediculously bad sequels. If these things actually made it to Earth, they'd have destroyed us all pretty quickly. The acid blood should have destroyed the ship anyway, long before she got to the escape pod. Don't get me started with that stupid cat either!
Damn that cat! I do remember a danger of the acid making it all the way out to the outer hull, but it stopped after several floors of destruction. As for the sequels, I like parts 1-3 quite a bit, although I like the newer cut of Alien 3, as I think it's a well done, taught thriller. The theatrical cut is incomprehensible, and certainly not as good. Part 4 was pretty rough, despite a great director, writer, and cast. Not sure what happened there.

Still, Alien and Aliens are both top notch in the thriller and action/sci-fi categories, respectively.

This one is awful, but when I was a child I thought Batman and Robin was an amazing movie. I loved all the neon lights, and was dazzled by how sexy poison ivy was.

Years later...I re-watched it, just out of curiosity to see how bad it was. I don't think a movie has ever annoyed me so much. I was not a bright child.

That film is terrible, for sure. Good call, and I completely see why a younger kid would love it, but then grow out of it as soon as they got just a bit older.

Another film I remember loving as a child was Star Wars: A Phantom Menace...I think I must've been quiet young when it came out, I'm eighteen now, and I don't know the release date so I can't work out quite how young I was.

Yeah, I loved it, I'd never in my life seen such vivid imagery, imagination, special effects and action. The Pod-race was the most heart pounding sequence I'd ever watched in the cinema. Though that was only to be topped moments later by a wonderfully epic three way dual.

I actually don't know that much about star wars, or I didn't for a long time, so I never really got how disappointed people were in it, until I got into films. I went back re-watched a few months ago. I still don't think its an awful movie. Definitely not a great one, and it certainly has its flaws, but I don't think its awful like so many seem to. Though it certainly doesn't live up to memories of it.

Umm... First Karate Kid, Ghost buster 1 & 2 and Gremlins 1 & 2.

I'm a bunch of a hell!
Hello guys!it's good to be back,well I certainly watch movies when I was a child and my favorite since then is The Never Ending Story.

In no particular order...

The Goonies
Lost Boys
Labyrinth
Dirty Dancing
Road House
Ghost
American Warewolf in London
Hell Raiser
piranha
Play Misty for me
Melody
Anne of Green Gables
Picnic at Hanging rock
Dark night of the scarecrow
Fire Starter
Don't go to sleep
Weird Science
Short Circuit
Splash
Big
Pump up the volume
Gone with the wind
The sound of music
Mary Popins
Watership Down
Waterbabies
Always
Running on Empty
My own Private Idaho
Stand by Me
Can't buy me love
Jumping Jack Flash

......So many, and too many to mention them all.
I recently re-watched Melody, Dark night of the Scarecrow and Don't go to sleep. 3 great films even today, but Melody's my favourite.

What films are your childhood favourites?