Weird Quirks You Have?

Tools    

I put ketchup on macaroni & cheese and on scrambled eggs!
(Since I grew up this way, these dishes seem naked without it to me.)
I have never used ketchup my entire life.

The Adventure Starts Here!
This is so cool.

I had one boss once who tried to tell me they had no stinger, but I looked it up and apparently they have quite a large stinger, but rarely resort to using it. I think their size, appearance and loud buzz provides them an intimidation factor that makes predators & other insects keep their distance.
They have stingers. One nabbed me on the ankle when I was a teenager and wouldn't let go. Had to swipe him off with several quick hand swipes (in a panic) before he dropped off. I've only been stung by anything twice, and this was worse than the other one in terms of pain. The other time (just a regular bee of some sort) freaked me out because it got caught in the hair near my ear and was BUZZING right in my ear as it stung me (BECAUSE I swiped at it when it got caught and started buzzing). UGH, no wonder I have a small phobia of bees. (That, and my dad is allergic to bee stings.)

I'm over here waiting for Yoda to enumerate his quirks... and I'm hoping none of them are things he inherited from me, though I suspect some might be.

My quirks: I absolutely hate housecleaning, ESPECIALLY doing floors. So sometimes my house is dusty and the floors are not kept up with... but I'll rearrange throw pillows on the couch or straighten something hanging on the wall if it's the slightest bit off kilter. My priorities on cleanliness are clearly out of whack.

My quirks: I absolutely hate housecleaning, ESPECIALLY doing floors. So sometimes my house is dusty and the floors are not kept up with... but I'll rearrange throw pillows on the couch or straighten something hanging on the wall if it's the slightest bit off kilter. My priorities on cleanliness are clearly out of whack.
Virgo, perhaps? Takes one to know one...

I'm over here waiting for Yoda to enumerate his quirks... and I'm hoping none of them are things he inherited from me, though I suspect some might be.

I kind of interpret this as a fear of commitment or investment of time (because I'm the same way). In other words, I'll choose the little quick thing to fix rather than get involved in an hours-long project that often turns into a half-a-day project, that then turns into a day-long or multi-day project. It's perfectly logical.

I kind of interpret this as a fear of commitment or investment of time (because I'm the same way). In other words, I'll choose the little quick thing to fix rather than get involved in an hours-long project that often turns into a half-a-day project, that then turns into a day-long or multi-day project. It's perfectly logical.
Pretty sure you nailed it! Time feels so precious to me that I'll do a surface tidy-up to get by but dread staring at a big cleaning project. Plus, it all feels like the chores I had when I was a kid, which I also hated.

Virgo, perhaps? Takes one to know one...
Well, I don't put any stock in that stuff, but no, I'm a Taurus. Raised by a neat freak. So I rebelled the only way I knew how: not cleaning my own house.

I detest house-cleaning, but I faithfully do it. One thing I cannot abide is a dirty floor especially in the kitchen & bathroom, both tiled.

The NY Times once made a good point: if your house is tidy, people always assume it’s clean too. My house is always tidy, but it’s not always clean, but it looks clean.

I detest house-cleaning, but I faithfully do it. One thing I cannot abide is a dirty floor especially in the kitchen & bathroom, both tiled.

The NY Times once made a good point: if your house is tidy, people always assume it’s clean too. My house is always tidy, but it’s not always clean, but it looks clean.
This only confirms my own thinking: that I can fool someone into thinking I'm a clean freak if the throw pillows are perfectly aligned, the tables and floors are uncluttered, and the sink doesn't have dishes in it.

The rest is a crap shoot. All I know is that, as I straighten a crooked picture on a wall or fuss over a few throw pillows, I think, "Who am I fooling? I have to mop the kitchen floor! It's a mess!" Seems like incongruous behavior to me.

This only confirms my own thinking: that I can fool someone into thinking I'm a clean freak if the throw pillows are perfectly aligned, the tables and floors are uncluttered, and the sink doesn't have dishes in it.

The rest is a crap shoot. All I know is that, as I straighten a crooked picture on a wall or fuss over a few throw pillows, I think, "Who am I fooling? I have to mop the kitchen floor! It's a mess!" Seems like incongruous behavior to me.
I don’t do at least 50% of what I used to do. For many years I was the kind of person who pulls out the stove & fridge to clean behind them. I also scrubbed & bleach-cleaned my bathroom & kitchen floors. I still do a lot (entire house is cleaned twice a year, ornaments washed, etc.), but, even, then I don’t do as much as I used to do. I used to do all the windows inside & out (that’s a lot of work in a Victorian), but now I only do what is easy & that’s not every room.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I do less, lol... I refuse to go to doctors, even after blood/mucus for 5-6 days straight. I guess a part of it is not wanting to waste their time, because I'm not going to exercise and eat right and drinking water, etc.

I can't stand accents, especially by an American actor. I want to watch "Heartland" because of Rip Torn and the story, but I couldn't deal with the accent, and notice I turn off 99% of them.

Of course, AI won't fix that issue.

Every 79 years at coordinates 34°00′N 81°03′W, at 5:26PM, I wear a blue sweater featuring a neon red picture of a flying aardvark. I find the largest rock to jump and twirl on one leg while clapping my hands. On this day and at this location is the only time I will ever watch the season finale of Newheart. Its one of those quirks. First time this happened it was November 17th, 1983.

Speaking of accents - I find if I'm around people long enough with a different accent, I'll start to gradually adopt their accent (sometimes without even realizing it).

Once I was complaining to a co-worker about my boss. She kept laughing which seemed a bit uncaring to me since I was revealing some very emotionally painful situations. I asked why she was laughing at my claims of employer abuse. She said, "because you do him so well - you sound exactly like him - you've got all his mannerisms down and everything!" Funny thing is, I wasn't even trying to "do" him, nor was I aware that I was imitating him, I was just relaying various interactions my boss and I had.

I've always had an innate talent for mimicry, but one which works best when I'm not trying to imitate or am unaware I'm performing an impression.

Speaking of accents - I find if I'm around people long enough with a different accent, I'll start to gradually adopt their accent (sometimes without even realizing it).

Once I was complaining to a co-worker about my boss. She kept laughing which seemed a bit uncaring to me since I was revealing some very emotionally painful situations. I asked why she was laughing at my claims of employer abuse. She said, "because you do him so well - you sound exactly like him - you've got all his mannerisms down and everything!" Funny thing is, I wasn't even trying to "do" him, nor was I aware that I was imitating him, I was just relaying various interactions my boss and I had.

I've always had an innate talent for mimicry, but one which works best when I'm not trying to imitate or am unaware I'm performing an impression.

I knew a woman who married a man of Middle Eastern decent. They moved overseas for a career opportunity near his parents and within a few years, SHE spoke English with a Middle Eastern accent, despite born here, parents born here, etc..

When I was traveling, I also noticed I might pick up a tiny little thing, how I would say "Oh, okay" because of all the people I was around. In a hostel, there would be people from over 50 different countries, and at night, we'd have some cool conversations, like little representatives how each of our country 'operates', and the things we talk about in here -- movies, which seem to have the most influence, no matter how educated one is, they always think of the US how Hollywood sees it. It's not until they make a trip to the US to see how different it is from their expectation, but also the different landscapes, time zones, etc., with such a large country with 350 million people.

And this reminds me of a friend of mine from Estonia (met in Australia), and he talked just like my older cousin, acted like him, had the same sense of humor, the cynical expressions he'd make, the observations, being quiet unless he had something to say, which was usually of some weight -- funny or profound. I think I had a chance to tell each one of them. I always would wonder how it would be if they met (especially if I never notified who/why I gathered us all together)

My husband seems convinced sometimes that he has acquired a British accent through me. He hasn’t.