What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Today I bought two more film noir blu ray box sets. I got:

Film Noir Dark Side of Cinema volume VIII (includes Street of Chance, Temptation, and Enter Arsene Lupin)
Film Noir Dark Side of Cinema volume XII (includes Undertow, Hold Back Tomorrow, Outside the Wall)

There are 13 volumes in the series so far and I now have the first 12. Anyone else have any of the "Dark Side of Cinema" box sets?
I don't think I've heard of any of those. Are the noirs on your "Dark Side of Cinema" box sets Good? Average? Great?

I don't think I've heard of any of those. Are the noirs on your "Dark Side of Cinema" box sets Good? Average? Great?
I haven't seen all of them yet, but out of the ones I have seen they are a mix of average or good. My rating is usually a 6 or 7/10, with a few of them an 8/10.

I haven't seen all of them yet, but out of the ones I have seen they are a mix of average or good. My rating is usually a 6 or 7/10, with a few of them an 8/10.
Cool. Whenever we do the Noir Countdown you'll be all set to go

I bought this. I think I must have seen it on a library dvd before. There’s no place where it’s streaming so, what the heck, I bought the dvd from Amazon.

So annoyed. So pleased I found this, but what I failed to do was register the clearly-written fact that it’s in Italian with French subtitles. How I failed to notice this as I’m always so careful is beyond me. I don’t speak Italian & my French is insufficient for subtitles.

Merde!

BKB
I shop at V-Stock that sells alot of DVD/Blu-Rays along with gaming systems.. I purchased "TAKEN" on Blu Ray along with "The SHALLOWS".. I love shark movies in the Summer

I went to the mall this morning and picked up The Super Mario Brothers Movie on blu ray and the Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection volumes 1-3 on dvd.

I sold some movies today and then bought some more movies with the money I got. I picked up three dvd box sets:

The Busby Berkeley collection volume 2
Frank Sinatra mgm legends collection
John Wayne film collection

I haven't bought any physical movies in nearly 20 years. Physical media repeatedly becoming obsolete kind of ruined the feeling of owning things. DVD replaced VHS. HD replaced 480p DVD's. Now 4K is replacing HD.

Digital is less clutter. I mostly use streaming services and sites that host movies. Renting movies can be a good deal too. A rental is $4? To make owning the movie worth it, you'd have to watch it 4-5 times.

Most movies I watch just once. And if I rewatch them, I usually rewatch them 5 years later, to where I've forgotten much of it and it feels completely fresh.

I like owning some disks because it's a psychological need sometimes, to be off line, not dependent on a streaming service that's like an IV in my vein, therefore, I have a sizable number of cheap DVD disks and sets.

My latest acquisition was a good, 1957, British thriller, The Curse of the Demon, AKA, The Night of the Demon. The original version was considered too horrifying for British audiences and had a scene cut, but that's back in this version, since, by contemporary standards, it's pretty tame. This is a fairly smart, noir-black and white movie, with cheesy FX. Most bump scares are just that and prove to be false leads, but when the climax comes....well....in the spirit of the time.....you'll find out. Or at least you will if you get the unexpurgated version of the movie.

I like owning some disks because it's a psychological need sometimes, to be off line, not dependent on a streaming service that's like an IV in my vein, therefore, I have a sizable number of cheap DVD disks and sets.
I agree. I have a huge dvd collection, but I also stream a ton of stuff.

BKB
I just purchased JOHN WICK 4 on Blu-Ray followed by CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER and a movie with Adam Driver titled "65" which was a cheesy knockoff of JURASSIC PARK.. Also, I purchased "The REVENANT" on Blu Ray as well.. Leo digging out a horse's guts to crawl inside to survive was worthy of him winning an Oscar

I just purchased JOHN WICK 4 on Blu-Ray followed by CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER and a movie with Adam Driver titled "65" which was a cheesy knockoff of JURASSIC PARK.. Also, I purchased "The REVENANT" on Blu Ray as well.. Leo digging out a horse's guts to crawl inside to survive was worthy of him winning an Oscar
that what i was thinking aswell when i watched 65 i knew it was a ripoff from jurassic park

The truth is in here
I've long sworn to check out James Dean's work. To make sure that it happens I bought a Blu-Ray set of his three starring roles, which arrived today:

Physical media will never be replaced. It can't be matched in terms of quality.

If you have a cheap setup with small tv etc, then maybe all you need is streaming services or digital content. But any larger setup really shows the amount of compression that the streaming services use on the content to get it to a size that can be piped into millions of people's homes. The trade off is pretty horrible.

The last DVD I bought was actually "Pulp Fiction" because it's a classic that I couldn't resist adding to my collection. I mean, Tarantino's signature style, the killer soundtrack, and those unforgettable characters

The last dvd I bought was so long ago that I do not even remember its title. Since movies could be watched online this day through sites like Amazon/Netflix etc, I no longer buy them. Besides, my laptop don't have cd drive, and my television don't have dvd as well.