Things that annoy you...

Tools    

This smoke storm is annoying.
They say it's from wildfires in Canada, but to me it smells like burning rubber or an electrical fire.
(I was planning on mowing lawns today, but decided to wait until tomorrow.)

This smoke storm is annoying.
They say it's from wildfires in Canada, but to me it smells like burning rubber or an electrical fire.
(I was planning on mowing lawns today, but decided to wait until tomorrow.)
I haven’t really noticed it though I should have here in CT.

I haven’t really noticed it though I should have here in CT.

It is less noticeable here in Philadelphia. Last night I thought that a big fire was nearby until I got home from work and its was still very smoky. then I knew something weird was going on.

In NJ we've got a double whammy = there's the wildfires from Canada, but there is also another forest fire south of my location in Jackson NJ that's been burning for two days and is only now being put out.

Websites that every time you want to log on (United Healthcare, e.g.) one’s password is not valid. Even though one was on the site a week ago & the password worked just fine then. Drives me nuts!

When looking for new trainers/converse shoes and so on then find a pair you rather like and realise they don't do them in your size because they are kids shoes...

I've found a few pairs that were really nice only to find out they only do them in kids sizes.

When looking for new trainers/converse shoes and so on then find a pair you rather like and realise they don't do them in your size because they are kids shoes...

I've found a few pairs that were really nice only to find out they only do them in kids sizes.

These sneakers are my new obsession. https://www.on-running.com/en-us/shop/shoes

You ready? You look ready.
Spam bot calls that start with "Hello" and then "Are you there"

But I recently discovered if you answer in Spanish it breaks. The robot thinks there's someone on the call so won't hang up but it can't answer. So as soon as I hear "are you there" I reply with "¡hola! ¿cómo estás?"

Checkmate MF!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

But I recently discovered if you answer in Spanish it breaks. The robot thinks there's someone on the call so won't hang up but it can't answer. So as soon as I hear "are you there" I reply with "¡hola! ¿cómo estás?"

Checkmate MF!
We never answer our house phone (we do check voicemail), but I might try this one day.

Websites that every time you want to log on (United Healthcare, e.g.) one’s password is not valid. Even though one was on the site a week ago & the password worked just fine then. Drives me nuts!

I am going to whittle this annoyance done to one word.

PASSWORDS.

Checkmate MF!
If it's an actual person speaking trying to spam or the usual scam, when they tell me to follow instructions so they can try to gain access to my computer I tell them to wait while I get my laptop and instead of a laptop I get our mini electric piano and proceed to play them a tune and sing down the phone.

Only I can't play the piano or sing, so it must sound incredible...

It's fun. I remember one call centre scammer getting in a right mood swearing his head off. Fantastic.

If it's an actual person speaking trying to spam or the usual scam, when they tell me to follow instructions so they can try to gain access to my computer I tell them to wait while I get my laptop and instead of a laptop I get our mini electric piano and proceed to play them a tune and sing down the phone.

Only I can't play the piano or sing, so it must sound incredible...

It's fun. I remember one call centre scammer getting in a right mood swearing his head off. Fantastic.

Are the scammers prohibited from hanging up?

I don't think so, not sure.

Been a few times I've stopped the music and they are still on the line for some reason. One went in a hissy fit when I just started to speak gobbledygook to him, started calling me beautiful things like 'you ****ing ****' over and over.

Yay, welcome to Britain where a man who raped and killed two children will be released from prison after only 30 odd years. Bravo deluded parole board, bravo.

Yay, welcome to Britain where a man who raped and killed two children will be released from prison after only 30 odd years. Bravo deluded parole board, bravo.
Heavens, I have to find this & read about it.

Care Credit

If you're unfamiliar, this is a credit card that can only be used in medical/dental/veterinary settings and, depending on the arrangement that merchant has with Care Credit, gives the cardholder a set amount of time to pay the purchase balance with interest deferred (no interest if minimums are paid on time and the full balance is paid by a set date).

I had a Care Credit card for many years. I opened it to help pay for some of my own dental expenses and have kept it in case of emergency with one of my pets. While checking my credit score, I discovered that Care Credit had closed my account without notice last month. So I decided to reapply, figuring it was better to do so now than to try to do in the midst of an emergency. I applied online and went through several steps to verify email and phone number. Then it tells me that I have to call them to complete the process and gives me a phone number to call. I called that number and it told me I had to call a different number. I called that number and the representative told me that I had to go to a website and upload a video of myself and an image of my photo I.D.? WTF? What kind of BS is this?

It's been ages since I last applied for any kind of credit, so maybe I'm just out of the loop, but is this normal?

the representative told me that I had to go to a website and upload a video of myself and an image of my photo I.D.? WTF? What kind of BS is this?

It's been ages since I last applied for any kind of credit, so maybe I'm just out of the loop, but is this normal?
It's not normal, per se, but it is a more intense form of identity verification that some companies do use. For example, I believe it's something that Facebook does (or did?) require when making certain changes to accounts. It sounds like something about your situation has triggered a serious fraud concern.

It's annoying, I'm sure. Mainly that you weren't notified about the account being closed.

You ready? You look ready.
@Miss Vicky

CareCredit got into some trouble not too long ago about a bunch of fraudulent/predatory business practices. So they closed a bunch of accounts and upped their identity requirements.

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/abou...rd-enrollment/