R.I.P. Peter Tork of The Monkees

Tools    

Peter Tork of The Monkees dies, age 77

Sexy Celebrity told me of the news and asked me to make this thread in his honour. The Monkees is one of his favourites and he loved Peter Tork.

R.I.P

He'll be sorely missed on the last train to Clarksville
Requiescat in pace Peter.

My heart sank a little when I saw this...can't believe it...just like the Beatles, there are only two Monkees among the living now. In honor of Peter, I have posted what, if memory serves, is the only Monkees song where Peter sang lead: "Auntie Griselda"

RIP, Peter

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I remember watching this show when it was on reruns. Listened to some of their music, only the hits I think.

Suspect's Reviews

Sad to hear that Peter Tork of Monkees fame passed away. The Monkees were a ' made up for tv' band probably based on the Beatles. Peter played the ' dumb but lovable guy' but actually was a serious musician who was a friend of Stephen Stills. Peter also acted in film and tv. The lighthearted pop tunes the Monkees recorded were very melodic and catchy, and have been playing on oldies stations for decades. Farewell and rest in peace to a Daydream Believer.