Murder/Missing Persons Movie and Post-apocalyptic Movie?

Tools    

I'm trying to remember the names of 2 movies based on what I can recall.

The first was about either a murder or missing teenage girl. I believe she was kind of an outcast but at one point she is in a dance club where she removes her sock hat to reveal long flowing hair as she dances. Meanwhile a boy from different background is some how involved. I believe her body is eventually found dead or nearly dead at the bottom of a damn. The movie was produced sometime between 2005 and 2015.

The other movie, I only remember that it was a apocalyptic or post apocalyptic film that ended with a tree growing out of the middle of a dilipadated sky scrapper. It was most likely produced between 2005 and 2015 as well.

Can anyone help me identify either of these films?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
For the second, take a look at Eden Log. There's probably an English overdub out there. It's hard to get much out of the trailer, but the tree is a central theme to this movie. Another option might be The Fountain, with Hugh Jackman. Similarly, the tree "of life" is a reoccurring theme in this one too.

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately neither of these were the proper movie. Any other ideas? Anyone else?

The other movie, I only remember that it was a apocalyptic or post apocalyptic film that ended with a tree growing out of the middle of a dilipadated sky scrapper. It was most likely produced between 2005 and 2015 as well.
There was the TV series, Life After People, which described how man-made structures would fare if all humans were gone. There were quite a few scenes like you described, and it fits your timeline.

I think your first movie is The Invisible.
It has that dance scene in the disco where she pulls off her cap to reveal long, curly hair and then she dances.
And in the end she dies.
Here's the trailer for it.

I have no idea about the second.

The Girl with All the Gifts (2016) for the second one?