Laugh With Matt

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Just released a week ago... Hopefully it'll be online soon!
Has anyone seen this? I'm wondering if the Playboy album (which is on youtube, audio only) is all there, and not just a clip.

- Collectable Poster
- 20 Page Booklet with Photo Gallery

Disc 1:
On Location With George Carlin
George Carlin Again!

Disc 2:
Carlin at Carnegie
Carlin On Campus
Playin’ With Your Head

Disc 3:
What Am I Doing In New Jersey?
Doin’ It Again
Jammin’ In New York

Disc 4:
Back In Town
George Carlin: 40 Years of Comedy
You Are All Diseased

Disc 5:
Complaints & Grievances
Life Is Worth Losing
It's Bad for Ya

Disc 6:
Bonus:
George Carlin Appearances from:
Playboy Penthouse (1961)
CBS Talent Scouts (1973)
The Hollywood Palace (1966)
The Jackie Gleason Show (January 25, 1969)
The Real George Carlin
APT 2C
George Carlin Personal Favorites

Disc 7:
Bonus:
George Carlin Appearance from The Comedy Store (1999)
George’s Best Stuff

Disc 8:
Bonus:
George On George
George Carlin Appearance from Comedy Magic Club (2006)
George Carlin: Too Hip for the Room

Disc 9:
I Kinda Like it When a Lotta People Die CD

Disc 10 (Blu-Ray):
Life Is Worth Losing Blu-Ray
It's Bad for Ya Blu-Ray

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
The more I watch, the more I realize how specific comedy is. John Mulaney gets seemingly universal praise, but he never lands for me. I have yet to finish one of his specials.

There are also people that I find funnier IRL than their act. Joey Diaz is a prime example. Ari Shaffir is another example. Joe Rogan's podcast is good, but I can't take his standup.

I'm really big on Segura, Bargatze, Soder, Iliza Shlesinger, Jo Koy, Manscalco, Attell and of course Burr. I think he is one of the best going and does the best job of pushing buttons without being offensively disrespectful.

The more I watch, the more I realize how specific comedy is. John Mulaney gets seemingly universal praise, but he never lands for me. I have yet to finish one of his specials.

There are also people that I find funnier IRL than their act. Joey Diaz is a prime example. Ari Shaffir is another example. Joe Rogan's podcast is good, but I can't take his standup.

I'm really big on Segura, Bargatze, Soder, Iliza Shlesinger, Jo Koy, Manscalco, Attell and of course Burr. I think he is one of the best going and does the best job of pushing buttons without being offensively disrespectful.

I think Burr is the best "Under 50" comedian.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I also think Burr is a good example of "makes a joke about black people". Then a My day job is being offended by stuff I only care about in internet comment sections person, raises a flag. Burr goes home to his black wife and mixed daughter.

Segura caught a lot of flack about his retarded joke and building a wall around Louisiana. People went crazy and you realize how much perspective we as a whole have lost.

I was surprised someone on Twitter with a blue check-mark brought up Mort Sahl, and an excerpt, all which I pasted on here. He even pasted the link. When I saw "movieforums.com" my senses were heightened, until I found it was something I posted.

This is the comedy album where The Kennedys, Hollywood Elite, Night-club managers, etc., turned on Mort, because this time, he satirized the Democrats.

Great start.. "Here we are on The New Frontier....... CUBA!"... Lots of funny lines, digressions, stream of consciousness, free association. I also remembered Mort saying, "The President's brother, Robert Kennedy is the Attorney General... Little Brother is watching."

I was surprised someone on Twitter with a blue check-mark brought up Mort Sahl, and an excerpt, all which I pasted on here. He even pasted the link. When I saw "movieforums.com" my senses were heightened, until I found it was something I posted.

This is the comedy album where The Kennedys, Hollywood Elite, Night-club managers, etc., turned on Mort, because this time, he satirized the Democrats.

Great start.. "Here we are on The New Frontier....... CUBA!"... Lots of funny lines, digressions, stream of consciousness, free association. I also remembered Mort saying, "The President's brother, Robert Kennedy is the Attorney General... Little Brother is watching."

The man who did the interview, Paul Krassner (found of the underground press) passed away yesterday. Crazy coincidence.

Great stuff Matt. Sahl was actually on TV quite a bit, but when he turned his satire toward the Democrats, he suddenly wasn't getting much air time as I recall. Some things haven't changed... It seems to me Sahl lost some cred when he did not support Lenny Bruce in his legal travails.

It was nice to be reminded about what high level comedy was present during the '50s/60s era-- something that is practically non-existent today. Sahl, Lenny Bruce, the early Woody Allen, Nichols & May, Alexander King, and so on. It's not likely that intellectual comedy will ever return. The government schools are dumbing down the kids to the lowest common denominator, while indoctrinating them about what to think and believe. SJ and PC have become mandatory.

~Doc

Great stuff Matt. Sahl was actually on TV quite a bit, but when he turned his satire toward the Democrats, he suddenly wasn't getting much air time as I recall. Some things haven't changed... It seems to me Sahl lost some cred when he did not support Lenny Bruce in his legal travails.

It was nice to be reminded about what high level comedy was present during the '50s/60s era-- something that is practically non-existent today. Sahl, Lenny Bruce, the early Woody Allen, Nichols & May, Alexander King, and so on. It's not likely that intellectual comedy will ever return. The government schools are dumbing down the kids to the lowest common denominator, while indoctrinating them about what to think and believe. SJ and PC have become mandatory.

~Doc
Very true.. The odd thing is, Mort and some others actually were in favor of justice, but now its more "trendy justice" or plain gossip and trivia. Bill Hicks was an exception, or George Carlin.

I go on Twitter, and I keep reading, "If only Mort were here today" and then wonder why they wouldn't do a quick search on YouTube (or anywhere else) and sees how he's had a weekly live show that streams every single week. But unfortunately, most people don't know him, especially those my age. One really has to know everything that was going on the 50s, and even still difficult at first, with the stream of consciousness, free associations, digressions (which was usually the funniest). Dick Gregory was good up until 72', when he decided to run for President, and then transitioned into Mr. Bahamian Diet. Speaking of 72', notice NONE of the "feminists" supported Shirley Chisholm.. I guess that's what bothers me about today. I don't believe they believe. I think some know what the currency of the moment is. But the sad thing is that its misleading on purpose. If I want to "get paid" I just throw a bunch of #metoo hashtags and play the game of hubris and self-righteousness.

Damn! I didn't realize that Sahl was still alive.... and doing streams at age 90! I'll have to check out what he's into today. Thanks for the heads up.

~Doc

Good find, Matt. I had started viewing it on YT, but the audio is so bad that I couldn't hear it. Maybe I'll try it on the TV, with better speakers.