Three Lefts Make a Right, and Three Rights Make a Left

Tools    

And I think the supposed leaders in the polls are some of the worst. Biden seems like a good guy but I think he's too meek to lead the country. Bernie seems like a loon and Warren is a flake. Harris is the worst of them all for a variety of reasons. The only 4 that show me anything are Tulsi, who I thought was terrible in the first debate, Ryan, Castro, and Yang. That's only counting how they come off to me. I really don't know enough about them.

You ready? You look ready.
I think when people say things like "all white people are racist", they are probably racist themselves by their own definition, which is a definition I completely disagree with.
I know, right? Hearing the truth is the worst.

A couple of annoying things from the debates.

One was simpleton Kirsten Gillibrand pandering to the simpletons by saying, “I can talk to those white women in the suburbs that voted for Trump and explain to them what white privilege actually is. When their son is walking down the street with a bag of M&Ms in his pocket, wearing a hoodie, his whiteness is what protects him” from being shot. When their child has a car that breaks down and he knocks on someone’s door for help and the door opens and the help is given, it’s his whiteness that protects him from being shot.”

So let me get this straight. Is she saying someone should be shot in these situations? If she's not, and they shouldn't, then that's not any kind of privilege. That's just the way it should be. The black community certainly has many problems not only with how they're looked at, but from within. If you want to call them underprivileged, I don't think it's a big deal. Singling out people with white skin as people who somehow get unfair special treatment is just wrong. Losers will stay losers
Yeah, it can't be that white people actually do get special treatment.

Race baiting Don Lemon should not be a part of these debates. He puts his twisted opinion in way too much. I see CNN occasionally when my wife has it on. It's incredible how they continue to lie by saying Trump said things like Mexicans are rapists, or that he called black players who kneeled for the national anthem sons of bitches. My favorite is probably their claim that "there were good people on both sides" was somehow racist when there was absolutely nothing racist about it and he was right on target. Then they claim that Trump has divided the country when in fact it is the far left liberals who are dividing it. If you want to say the president can be insensitive, I don't think anyone can argue that, and he certainly doesn't discriminate. If you want to make up lies and then call the people who voted for him racists, then yes you are the people who are dividing the country.
You're right. In fact, I hear good people can commit murder, too.

It was kinda lame how candidates ducked questions by saying "those are right-wing talking points." I mean, you're literally running to decide who's going to have to rebut "right-wing talking points" for six months, so maybe you should entertain a few of those questions now.

Also, of course, sometimes they weren't right-wing talking points so much as basic mathematics.
I only saw the first half of the first debate, but from what I saw those types of comments were in reference to healthcare and how the majority of the field is bashing the ACA. Bullock was on point, though. Get prescription drug prices down. Get surprise billing under control. Don't repeal a bill that has had a largely positive effect on millions of Americans.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

And I think the supposed leaders in the polls are some of the worst. Biden seems like a good guy but I think he's too meek to lead the country. Bernie seems like a loon and Warren is a flake. Harris is the worst of them all for a variety of reasons. The only 4 that show me anything are Tulsi, who I thought was terrible in the first debate, Ryan, Castro, and Yang. That's only counting how they come off to me. I really don't know enough about them.
Biden has too much baggage. He would never stand up to a bashing from Trump. Bernie yells too much, and Warren is a panderer.

Bullock 2020

Maybe you should run for president since you are qualified to speak for so many. You'd probably be just as good a candidate as any of them.

Yeah, it can't be that white people actually do get special treatment.
Saying it doesn't make it true. You have to show me where it happens. Her example which I was referencing certainly wasn't one of those cases.

You're right. In fact, I hear good people can commit murder, too.
You can't dispute what I said. How important is the truth to you?

I don't have anything negative to say about him. It's just that he has only so much time and he needs to make a splash. He hasn't been able to do that yet.

If you wanna revive the "all white people are racist" discussion from earlier in the thread we can pick up from there. Probably makes more sense than just repeating assertions, though.

I only saw the first half of the first debate, but from what I saw those types of comments were in reference to healthcare and how the majority of the field is bashing the ACA.
Exactly; that's why the framing is fair. If Republicans already bash the ACA, and Democrats decide to start doing the same, naturally even a neutral follow-up question based on that premise is going to overlap with that the right is saying.

Anyway, they got lazy and started using that line to sidestep any difficult question, to my mind. But primaries are always silly like this.

Saying it doesn't make it true. You have to show me where it happens. Her example which I was referencing certainly wasn't one of those cases.
Officer involved shootings for whites are lower, sentencing for whites is more lenient, anti-recidivist and jail diversion programs are more plentiful for whites, and parole boards are more favorable with whites. I’d love to dig up all the facts for you but I know that would really put a damper on your deniability. Plus I’m at work.

You can't dispute what I said. How important is the truth to you?
I dunno. I kinda lost you when you stood up for a chain of events that ended with a good person murdering another good person. Truth is relative these days, I suppose.

@Yoda: I was not the one that started the race discussion again. Just figured if we were all going to post whatever we want that I’d throw my hat in the ring.

Sort of? The first bit you quoted from cricket was posted last week, for example.

Anyway, I don't really care who revived what, for the most part. I just think it's incumbent on everyone to advance the discussion if they're going to continue it. And obviously if someone had argued that a term isn't being used properly, continuing to use the term without addressing that isn't great.

Precisely why I’m not going to get into long winded debates about it in here, but I am also not going to let it go unchecked either.

But what do I know? A lot of useless stuff is what.

Officer involved shootings for whites are lower, sentencing for whites is more lenient, anti-recidivist and jail diversion programs are more plentiful for whites, and parole boards are more favorable with whites. I’d love to dig up all the facts for you but I know that would really put a damper on your deniability. Plus I’m at work.

Not that you're even correct, but things like this would have something to do with the fact that a black man is more likely to commit violent crime or have a police record. In other words, there's more at play than skin color.

I dunno. I kinda lost you when you stood up for a chain of events that ended with a good person murdering another good person. Truth is relative these days, I suppose.
“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”

“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.”

The idea that the one side was made up of only racist groups or that he was talking about racist groups is a flat out lie.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	F7A7FA29-E3E3-4212-81B6-82A8E4545B57.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	56351  

Precisely why I’m not going to get into long winded debates about it in here, but I am also not going to let it go unchecked either.
I don't think it has to be long-winded (for my part, I'll try to make sure it isn't). I think these goals are somewhat mutually exclusive, though. The cost of calling a bunch of stuff out is the occasional reasonable follow-up. Or so I keep insisting to several different people on this site, over the years, to no avail.

But what do I know? A lot of useless stuff is what.
We have this in common.

The cost of calling a bunch of stuff out is the occasional reasonable follow-up. Or so I keep insisting to several different people on this site, over the years, to no avail.
Hello?! This is the internet. Ain’t nobody got time for that nonsense. Just throw the **** against the wall and see what sticks.

I think not responding is probably more polite than responding without advancing the discussion, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, I agree with you re: the Internet in general. Desperately trying to make this one of the places that's better than that, though.

I didn’t need to advance it with my response when @cricket advanced it AND proved my point all at the same time. I suppose I could have just emojied my approval.

It is the polite thing to do, of course.
Well you know I think highly of you either way. I just think false narratives are counterproductive for any side and in this case having the opposite of the desired effect for the left. Racism is no joke and it shouldn't be used as a weapon. It's crossing the line as far as I'm concerned and I don't mean your opinions on here.