Stirchley’s Fashion Thread

Tools    

Anything they want.

I honestly don't know how to answer that.
I mean, they must dress attractively, don’t they? At least some of them. How do they manage the winters there? Do you see any outfits on them that inspire you?

I mean, yesterday, I saw a woman walking around in a bathrobe over her clothes.
In my ‘hood, pajama bottoms & furry slippers are the couture du jour.

I mean, they must dress attractively, don’t they? At least some of them. How do they manage the winters there? Do you see any outfits on them that inspire you?
Not particularly. Most also wear far too much maeksup. Looks like they used trowels and applied polyfilla.

In fact...starting to think I'm onto something with my jeans and T-shirt mode.

Not particularly. Most also wear far too much maeksup. Looks like they used trowels and applied polyfilla.

In fact...starting to think I'm onto something with my jeans and T-shirt mode. :lol
Ugh, I hate a lot of makeup on a woman. American women wear a lot too.

There has to be a dress out there that you would look cute in.

Ugh, I hate a lot of makeup on a woman. American women wear a lot too.

There has to be a dress out there that you would look cute in.
I never see dresses I like on me. Simple pencil skirts look ok. With long boots.

Queen Maxima of the Netherlands - originally from Argentina - is a handsome woman with a handsome wardrobe. But she is way too fussy & over-dressed for my taste. Very matchy-matchy too. She always carries leather gloves, but never wears them. I also hate the odd little hats she wears.

Beyonce does it for me, she rocks any outfit she wears😍
Never thought of her that way. Will check it out.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
That's a lot of hate for something that has zero impact on your life.

here are some indian actresses in backless saris
I’ve always wanted to wear a sari. I love them.

I like the black top, i wouldn't wear the blouse under it though, i'd wear it alone with light blue jeans for a casual look.
That could work. Of the entire ensemble, I would keep the blouse.

actually, what you're probably seeing is women who once fit into those clothes better, but have gained weight and can't afford to buy new clothes. have been guilty of this, can confirm. it's not always a choice.
You have a point, but it’s not true for all women. I see loads of women wearing brand-new clothes that are way too small for them. And there is always the option of used clothing. Where I live there are loads of thrift stores, etc. I volunteer at a food pantry & we have loads of used clothing for free. We once had a Vera Wang dress. Right now we have an Ivanka Trump-designed top. Some of the clothes in these places still have the tags attached.

She looks fantastic like always.
Jennifer is a beautiful woman, no question about that. I loved her in A Beautiful Mind.

Ok then stirchley i'm 5ft 5ins, UK size 10, with curves, i have an exam on friday and i want to look casual yet professional, what do you suggest i wear? I have a vast collection of clothes, skirts, dresses, blouses, trouser suites, jeans, combats, denim jackets, shoes, boots, bright pink Nike Air trainers and sandals
Gotta post some stuff for Cat, but will think about this today. Funny, I don’t think any American would think twice about what she wore to an exam.
I'll be going into town after my exam for a pizza. I was thinking of a trouser suit, that way i can take the jacket off during my exam, maybe wear a lace top under the jacket so i'm not burning up with nerves! 😳

Queen Maxima of the Netherlands - originally from Argentina - is a handsome woman with a handsome wardrobe. But she is way too fussy & over-dressed for my taste. Very matchy-matchy too. She always carries leather gloves, but never wears them. I also hate the odd little hats she wears.

I like the third dress down, would you say it's Tangerine? I like the full skirt, wouldn't wear the hat though.

I hear you. You do know you have to put a pin at the opening? Otherwise, it will gape open for any woman.
Still, just no. I'm HIGHLY uncomfortable in them. I have a very straight shape. Not curvy at all. I used to buy my trousers in the boys' department. Ages 10-12 fit me perfectly.

Watch all the men get horrified. She does WHAT now??
I just had a vision of you in the kids dept at NEXT. Seriously though you sound petite and would look great in the right outfit, it's just a case of trial and error.

here are some indian actresses in backless saris
I’ve always wanted to wear a sari. I love them.

I like the black top, i wouldn't wear the blouse under it though, i'd wear it alone with light blue jeans for a casual look.
That could work. Of the entire ensemble, I would keep the blouse.

actually, what you're probably seeing is women who once fit into those clothes better, but have gained weight and can't afford to buy new clothes. have been guilty of this, can confirm. it's not always a choice.
You have a point, but it’s not true for all women. I see loads of women wearing brand-new clothes that are way too small for them. And there is always the option of used clothing. Where I live there are loads of thrift stores, etc. I volunteer at a food pantry & we have loads of used clothing for free. We once had a Vera Wang dress. Right now we have an Ivanka Trump-designed top. Some of the clothes in these places still have the tags attached.

She looks fantastic like always.
Jennifer is a beautiful woman, no question about that. I loved her in A Beautiful Mind.

Ok then stirchley i'm 5ft 5ins, UK size 10, with curves, i have an exam on friday and i want to look casual yet professional, what do you suggest i wear? I have a vast collection of clothes, skirts, dresses, blouses, trouser suites, jeans, combats, denim jackets, shoes, boots, bright pink Nike Air trainers and sandals
Gotta post some stuff for Cat, but will think about this today. Funny, I don’t think any American would think twice about what she wore to an exam.
I've bought winter coats for myself at charity /thrift shops, i always give them a hot soapy wash, then there as good as new, bought many blankets too for my dogs, again just wash them and cut to size, then line dogs bed.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
ahem... can y'all stop quoting me when you aren't actually responding to me? cause i keep getting mentions. kthx

Yeah, if you want to quote something, try to quote just that thing, rather than the entire post. Especially if the post is long, contains lots of other quotes, or has a lot of big pictures in it.

I just had a vision of you in the kids dept at NEXT. Seriously though you sound petite and would look great in the right outfit, it's just a case of trial and error.
Actually, THAT HAS HAPPENED. I bought my fav camouflage cargo pants there. (The camouflage is made up of guys on skateboards).

I just have to acquire myself some patience with clothes shopping. And a friend to veto, since I can't really judge what I look like in them, and sometimes cone home with something then a month later when I want to wear it, wonder WTF POSSESED ME TO BUY THAT?

Danni what are you doing to include all those quotes? If I quote your last post it automatically only quotes you and not the other quotes.
I haven't a clue how i did that! I was tryna seperate stirchleys pics so i could quote them individually.

@Dannii, just ran in quickly here since I had no time on Monday to give you ideas like I wanted to for your exam. I love all the following stylish yet comfortable looks. Sounds like you have an extensive wardrobe & could find many of these items in your own closets. We must talk about shoes sometime. I LOVE shoes!

I like the patterned pantsuit least of all, but I like the way the model looks in it. The kitten heels also look very good with it. Interesting outfit even though I would not have worn it.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	33A35BF8-EBBD-4C0A-B657-A553E81CF49F.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	37276  

Love the last outfit, those white jeans are lovely, i like them like that as i don't like skin tight ones. Those sandals look good too with that outfit. Reckon i'm going with a trouser suit, just gotta pick shoes, boots or bright pink trainers!