Any NBA Basketball fans?

Tools    

A Kyrie-led Nets team is such a question mark? They're a little better than they were last year and in the East this is something, but I'd be surprised if they got home court in the 1st round.

Thought the Celtics would have a better showing for their opener against the Sixers. Still not a believer that this Philly team has what it takes to win in the playoffs.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Philly will win the East barring injuries, well you know Embid is getting hurt or fat at some point Matizze is gonna be the piece they needed, along with Simmons maybe figuring it out this year.

The 3 point shooting is the only weakness I see, but that D should more than make up for it.

Looks like the Hornets may have finally hit on a draft pick for the first time in forever.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I've only seen a few minutes, but with Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson, I know its going to be good, without the political correctness bs (i hope)

Not very impressed with Philly. They're good but not a serious contender. Weak bench and mediocre outside shooting.

You use to bet sports?

Philly's defense is gonna produce the ugliest basketball you have seen in decades, but they will literally choke the other teams out. Until Embid gets injured, they roll.

You use to bet sports?

Philly's defense is gonna produce the ugliest basketball you have seen in decades, but they will literally choke the other teams out. Until Embid gets injured, they roll.
Embid is the biggest question mark I think. He's just not reliable physically and that hurts even more with the lack of depth. I liked Butler/Reddick more than Horford/Richardson.

And I used to get killed betting NBA

I just came to here to say that the Hornets beat the Warriors .

Yeah, I know. The Warriors are decimated, but it still doesn't sound right.

Furkan Korkmaz!

Any NBA Basketball fans?
Haven't been following the NBA as closely as I used to do in the 90's but this lock down is a great opportunity to work on my all time favorite / best players list.

Check it out;

17. John Starks
18. Gary Payton
19. Reggie Miller
20. Kevin Garnett

Legends like Chamberlain,Russel and Erving were before 'my time' so haven't seen enough footage to include.

Newskool players I've noticed and like: Westbrook, Curry, Durant and Rose.

They've been showing some good games from The Finals, but I really need to see the season finish. If this happened in the first month of the season, fine, but they were only 10 games away from starting the playoffs.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
At this point I'm safe to say the season is lost. Even if they did come back I feel anything could happen as people haven't been playing long enough. Hell Giannis can't even practice basketball because he has no access to a hoop.

You guys know they are gonna have the playoffs, right? If they have to do a quarantine bubble and play 3 and 5 game series, the Larry O'Brien trophy is getting handed over.

interesting..

The NBA Is BROKEN: This is how to FIX it
Yes, the game has been boring. Just guys who chuck 3's. Harden bores me to death, but so do every other team. Nothing wrong with shooting 3's, but it drives me nuts when a guy passed up lay-up for a baseline pass to the corner 3... Guys make lay-ups at a much higher % than 60%. The physicality is gone, the league just wants high scoring games, because they think/know it will bring it more viewers. It's gone from a sport to "entertainment", but the guys I know who used to watch basketball, don't. I have, only because I've spent most of my life watching it, and its become a soap opera for me. I wish guys would battle it out on the court as opposed to tweeting to each other, the two biggest guys in the game - Embiid and Drummond.

They moved the 3-pt line forward to increase scoring, and they should move it back. I started watching basketball in the late 80s, and so this has become a new ball-game.

But despite all that, I'm dying for 10-15 regular season games, and then the playoffs. If they delay, fine, but they can't just cancel the season. What about all those teams who worked so hard to get playoff positioning, and guys who got hurt badly in the process. People spent billions of dollars to be part of this ride.

interesting..

The NBA Is BROKEN: This is how to FIX it
This is a big pet peeve of mine. Sure the rules have been slanted towards guards over the years but you can still win with a dominant big guy. You just have to force teams to play at your pace. That's all basketball is about, controlling pace...well and having the talent to play the pace you want to.

For example. If Philly would dedicate slowing the pace down and feeding Embiid in the post every possession I think they would be a lot better. Nobody can handle Embiid in the post. If they tried playing the pace in the 90s or low 100s they might take over the east. (Might need to trade Simmons for that. Unless they trade Embiid then they need a faster pace if they handing the team to Simmons)

Personally I like the new age basketball a little better. It puts an emphasize on skill instead of just being big. But Harden's game is terrible to watch. I respect his talent but he scores so much because he gets to the line 20 times a game. I love watching Steph because he can score 50 on 1 free throw, it's supreme skill. Trae Young is freaking great, but he is just a cheap imitation of Steph.

I just think the game goes in waves. It will correct itself once it gets a few Shaq's and Ewing's playing at the same time. It goes where the talent tells it to go and right now it's the guards.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I enjoyed "The Last Dance", but its so conformist everyone wants to jump on MJ's bandwagon, because they know which side of the bread is buttered. MJ only agreed to the interviews if he had final say. They never talked about the Celtics walking off the court when Dantley was still on the FT line, or MJ (losing 3 years straight to Detroit, as well as his head to head match-ups with Isiah, regular season and playoffs) saying Detroit weren't deserving champions (despite him never winning at that point), how bad Detroit the city was.. Laimbeer organized it, but Isiah went 30 years of being a true leader, of not throwing his teammate under the bus, saying "It wasn't my idea". The NBA hated Detroit, and didn't want anything interfering with the Lakers-Celtics (and MJ later on) story... The Pistons were the best defensive team, and the marketing people thought, "Lower scores = less revenue", and not respecting the sport. So now its "entertainment".. "Tell us about your latest Twitter battle, since you can't battle on the court".

Maybe some of you know about the "Phantom Foul" - they weren't going to allow Isiah's record night, playing on a bad lower back, and then in the 3rd quarter, destroying his ankle (there were pictures on the 30 for 30), but then scoring 25 points in that quarter, over Magic (horrible defender) and Michael Cooper (great defender).

Revisionist history... I'm so glad they re-played those games from 1989 and 1990. You heard nothing but praise from the broadcasters (Hubie Brown, Dick Stockton).

And then the Dream Team junk..

I'm guessing Zeke isn't a Laettner fan?

The trick is not minding
Big basketball fan. I especially love College B-ball (Go Gators!)
*chomp chomp*

Hmm, looking at the list I seem one notable omission here. Didn’t see Joe Dumars. Or did I miss him?

Big basketball fan. I especially love College B-ball (Go Gators!)
*chomp chomp*

Hmm, looking at the list I seem one notable omission here. Didn’t see Joe Dumars. Or did I miss him?
no Dumars...

Nate Archibald
Paul Arizin
Rick Barry
Dave Bing
Dave Cowens
Billy Cunningham
Adrian Dantley
Dave Debusschere
Clyde Drexler
Hal Greer
Gal Goodrich