Words of Wisdom from Yoda

Tools    

I'm looking for a line here...

There was a bit of philosophy Yoda imparted to Anakin... it was either in Attack of the Clones (2002) or Revenge of the Sith (2005). I know it was either of these two movies because Yoda says his words of wisdom to Hayden Christensen (who I thought was just awful in these movies!)

I don't really remember what the quote was about... something about life, obviously... maybe about the hate you carry around inside you turning on you or something. Whatever it was, it was one of the best Yoda lines of philosophy ever (despite being in one of the three worst panned films of the Star Wars series - the prequels), even rivaling his lines from Empire Strikes Back (1980).

What I'm looking for is: what did Yoda tell Anakin that was so deep and impactful that I always remember him saying it, yet I cannot remember WHAT it was that he said?

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
"Careful you must be when sensing the future, Anakin. Fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy: the shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose." - Revenge of the Sith

"Careful you must be when sensing the future, Anakin. Fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy: the shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose." - Revenge of the Sith
That might be it... but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm going to hold off on marking this thread as "answered" in case any other submissions come in.

But thank you... that IS a deep thought.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Maybe look through Yoda's posts on MoFo... It must be somewhere...
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I feel like it was near the start of ROTS. In my head Anakin has his mullet in that scene, but I'm not sure.

If you're in this forum, it's probably because you're trying to remember a movie's title and want some help. Great; that's what this forum's for. But please observe a few simple rules in doing so:

1. First, create a new thread, rather than replying to the existing one. And make sure you're actually putting your new thread in this forum: Movie Questions.

2. Choose a descriptive title. Titles like "what movie is this?" or "help!!!" don't tell people anything about what you're looking for.

3. Anything you can remember may be helpful. General time frame, the language the film was in, etc. It's also helpful to estimate just how certain you are about each detail; there are lots of instances where the correct movie ends up being quite different from what was described.

4. People are trying to be helpful, so please be polite and remember to thank them for their efforts.

5. Please do not rule films out unless you're sure they're not correct. Looking at some stills, or even a trailer, might not be enough. It's not unusual for someone to shoot down a guess, only to realize later it was correct.

6. Remember to hit the "Answered" link near the top of the page once your question has been answered!

7. When in doubt, the movie you're thinking of is probably Frailty. Seriously, we've gotten that one like half a dozen times.
If you observe these rules, your odds of getting are question answered improve. Best of luck!
Edit: Sorry, guess I really should read more than just the thread title before I pull the trigger in future

I don't think I've ever heard @Yoda say anything meaningful apart from when he said: "Rodent, if I give you access to the control panel to edit quizzes, and you abuse it, I'll smash your head in with a rock and leave you where I found you"

I've been good ever since.

When I read this thread title... I thought it was referring to our great and fearless leader Yoda aka Chris... not to one of the SW movies.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
our great and fearless leader
Please, use the full title:

The Great Reverend Benevolent Leader of its People Who in His Fearlessness Directs Us To The Enlightened Path of Prosperity

Please, use the full title:

The Great Reverend Benevolent Leader of its People Who in His Fearlessness Directs Us To The Enlightened Path of Prosperity
Yoda aka Chris should use this as his "user" status.

You ready? You look ready.

There was a bit of philosophy Yoda imparted to Anakin... it was either in Attack of the Clones (2002) or Revenge of the Sith (2005). I know it was either of these two movies because Yoda says his words of wisdom to Hayden Christensen (who I thought was just awful in these movies!)

I don't really remember what the quote was about... something about life, obviously... maybe about the hate you carry around inside you turning on you or something. Whatever it was, it was one of the best Yoda lines of philosophy ever (despite being in one of the three worst panned films of the Star Wars series - the prequels), even rivaling his lines from Empire Strikes Back (1980).

What I'm looking for is: what did Yoda tell Anakin that was so deep and impactful that I always remember him saying it, yet I cannot remember WHAT it was that he said?
If I recall correctly, I don’t think Yoda even talks to Anakin directly in Attack of the Clones.

So it’s gotta be that awful mediation room scene in Revenge of the Sith.

Regardless, I think the prequels aren’t bad. Unless we start talking philosophy then it’s just cheap fortune cookie fodder 🥠

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I don't think I've ever heard @Yoda say anything meaningful apart from when he said: "Rodent, if I give you access to the control panel to edit quizzes, and you abuse it, I'll smash your head in with a rock and leave you where I found you"

I've been good ever since.