MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2020 Season

Tools    

It's the other way: the players want more than 60, and the owners want 60. I don't think there's any risk of going below 60, unless negotiations take too long, of course.

The games aren't the only factor, anyway. Liability issues seem to be a big thing.

The trick is not minding
If they can't cowboy up to at least do a 60 game season then there wont be one at all. Pathetic.
Yeah, I mentioned previously that time is running out. It’s almost July, after all.
I imagine Yoda is staring forlornly at his fantasy team thinking “I coulda been a contender!”

Yeah, especially after I got hosed by the timing of that Verlander injury. Now it's fine again!

Everyone who drafted injured guys at a discount made out huge, though, potentially. Except for the one or two who decided to use 2020 to get a surgery done and over with.

I'm so confused. I thought they just shut down spring training again?

Ok, I get it. The players show solidarity and to get their full salary. Which the owners agreed to in march. Now the owners don't wanna pay for a whole season. So they drag their feet on when the season starts, probably betting on covid killing the season. The owners will win again.

Aw hell I dont know what's going on I live at my job now and have 0 free time to haunt the news updates and, hopefully soon, the waiver wire.

Whoever wins this possible season should not have an asterisk by their name in the record book. Anybody else want to take a turn at giving the winner $200?! What a great way to thumb our nose at that damn Corona death spore.

Whoever wins, instead of a trophy I'll give the money to a food bank! Unless it's me in which case I'll do both.

By the way, last night I had a dream that Giancarlo Stanton was on my team and I was excited because I drafted him cheap due to injury, and then they said he wouldn't be ready for the July start anyway.

If there is a season are we all down to roll with the teams we have? I am. And I'd echo what Chris said and donate money to a charity or something. I'm saving my money right now so no bets for me.

Yeah, I like to manage the way Beane said he came at each year: the first third is to see what you have, the second third is to get what you need, the last third you just play, basically. Doesn't really work this year.

You know some rando players are just gonna go on third-of-a-season-streak and win a bunch of leagues for people. Think of all the crappy players who were good for 40-50 games, or even the okay ones that were historically good for that period of time. Gonna be nuts.

Yeah, I think I have seen most of that. I mean, i was a much bigger fan during some pretty dark years. They finally just wore me out. It really started with Randy Johnson. Their bungling and unwillingness to pay him was and is to this day their biggest mistake. They had a real contender here and the best pitcher in baseball. Instead of paying him they made him a villain and even tried to claim he a bad back. Now we have gone back the beginning. Maybe one decent player and mostly farm team guys. Sad face.

The documentary's just a few months old, FWIW, though if you saw something similar before it might have been his other stuff. Anyway, it's tremendous.

Yeah, I remember all the Johnson stuff. TBF, it's still kinda shocking how guys like that had their best years after leaving. Clemens, Schilling, too.

Ah! Ball talk is back, Yes! I'm ok with my team and I honestly think with 100 less games for the season that anybody could win it this year, anybody. Should be fun

Neat article on ESPN on which teams may have the advantage with a 60 game season....

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...60-game-season

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Yeah, I think I have seen most of that. I mean, i was a much bigger fan during some pretty dark years. They finally just wore me out. It really started with Randy Johnson. Their bungling and unwillingness to pay him was and is to this day their biggest mistake. They had a real contender here and the best pitcher in baseball. Instead of paying him they made him a villain and even tried to claim he a bad back. Now we have gone back the beginning. Maybe one decent player and mostly farm team guys. Sad face.
And not trade Jason Varitek and Derek Lowe for Heathcliff Slocumb, but that's ancient history.

The documentary's just a few months old, FWIW, though if you saw something similar before it might have been his other stuff. Anyway, it's tremendous.

Yeah, I remember all the Johnson stuff. TBF, it's still kinda shocking how guys like that had their best years after leaving. Clemens, Schilling, too.
Yeah, I watch a lot of YouTube. I've seen a good portion of that already. It is very good and even stranger to have been a fan of the team for so long.Hes been putting that out in parts for a little while now. I also lived thru all of this stuff in real time at the dawn of sports talk radio. Its actually a little surprising to me how closely I followed them. All that Griffey stuff is true and at the time it wasnt a secret. He didnt like the media but he would do exclusive interviews with certain people. If his father hadn't of come to town for a few years I'm convinced Griffey would have killed himself. And because of that I've never. Not one time bad mouthed him for going home.

Bah... now I'm all emotional again.