What should the next Mofo Top 100 Countdown be?

Tools    

What should the next Countdown be?
31.82%
14 votes
All Time Top 100
27.27%
12 votes
2000s
15.91%
7 votes
2010s
2.27%
1 votes
Action
2.27%
1 votes
Black & White Films
2.27%
1 votes
Comedy
0%
0 votes
Fantasy
4.55%
2 votes
Foreign Lanuage
0%
0 votes
Musicals
6.82%
3 votes
Noir
4.55%
2 votes
War
2.27%
1 votes
Other
44 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I'm just thinking about how it's already mid-July so I have to wonder whether or not you could have the requisite list-making period and also enough time to drop the countdown by the end of 2020 anyway.
I'm not sure if I get what you're saying? Are you referring to the 2010 countdown? Wouldn't that cover movies from 2010 to the end of 2019? Or did you mean something else?

Welcome to the human race...
I just meant that running the countdown would spill over into 2021.

Yup. It looks like All Time might be it I'm totally cool with that I think the MoFo community will be able to get behind it and have a blast participating.

We just need a confirmed host, or a pair of host!

Both @Yoda and @TheUsualSuspect had posted about hosting/co-hosting....Maybe you guys could get together and see who wants to do what? Maybe one is inclined towards gathering ballots and doing the spread sheet & calculating points...While maybe the other is into doing the graphics and organizing the countdown thread.

Re: ending in 20201.

Yeah, not super ideal but I think it'll be close enough to be okay. Might even be kinda fun if it ends right around the time the year does.

I’d actually be happy to help with list/data collection for an all time list... however I will admit I am terrible with graphics/color coordination so I would definitely not be up for presenting (unless it’s one or two haha).

Yeah, not super ideal but I think it'll be close enough to be okay. Might even be kinda fun if it ends right around the time the year does.
Hate to say it, but I kinda doubt I'll be around by then.

Am I on a forum with immortals? I always knew there was something strange about this place.

I’d actually be happy to help with list/data collection for an all time list... however I will admit I am terrible with graphics/color coordination so I would definitely not be up for presenting (unless it’s one or two haha).
Glad to hear that, it helps!

Now I feel like the ball is rolling and were going to be able to have another countdown ya!....So who can do graphics? It doesn't have to be fancy.

Well correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think an all-time list would require quite as much build-up time as our genre/decade lists. Wanting to see, say, more 70s films to see if they end up on your 70s list is one thing, most users will probably see at least a couple that will make it. But it seems a bit more unlikely that people's all-time top 25s are gonna change so much. I feel like they're pretty set. So rather than the typical 3-6 months maybe we only need 1 or 2 for the requisite list-wrangling and compiling?

RE: Hosting, I think it'd be really cool for Yoda to be the "main" host for our new all-time list, if he's up for it of course. But I also like the co-hosting/hosting one movie idea, possibly with the input of some list-hosting alumni, which could be nice. Happy to help out with some graphics too!

Well correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think an all-time list would require quite as much build-up time as our genre/decade lists. Wanting to see, say, more 70s films to see if they end up on your 70s list is one thing, most users will probably see at least a couple that will make it. But it seems a bit more unlikely that people's all-time top 25s are gonna change so much. I feel like they're pretty set. So rather than the typical 3-6 months maybe we only need 1 or 2 for the requisite list-wrangling and compiling?
That's a good point. I think a shorter preparatory period makes sense.

RE: Hosting, I think it'd be really cool for Yoda to be the "main" host for our new all-time list, if he's up for it of course. But I also like the co-hosting/hosting one movie idea, possibly with the input of some list-hosting alumni, which could be nice. Happy to help out with some graphics too!
I might be able to! I'm unsure about my ability to do the graphics well (and/or find time even if I do). Maybe I can do a template and someone else can help with the details, and I can handle calculation, etc. I'm open to it.

...I don't think an all-time list would require quite as much build-up time as our genre/decade lists...So rather than the typical 3-6 months maybe we only need 1 or 2 for the requisite list-wrangling and compiling?...
That's true and I agree.

Most watch periods for the countdowns have been around 6 months. I think 2 months would be good for an All Time countdown, as I like to do one HoF to help support the countdown, an that would take 2 months at the quickest.

... I'm unsure about my ability to do the graphics well (and/or find time even if I do)...

It's possible I could do an art deco base for the graphics for someone else to then work with but there's no way I can put together the entire list.
Old lappy is the only thing I can do art stuff on, and it crashes sporadically...

Lemme know if help is needed and I'll do my best.

I think, if nobody else is especially keen, and I do end up either curating or co-curating, I'll at least take a crack. I do have a bunch of existing site elements to work with so it might not be a big thing, but yeah, I would at minimum need some help actually getting all the specifics onto the things. Though I might be able to build a custom code into the forum to use plain text for a lot of it...

Ruh roh my mind's already starting to solve a problem I don't have yet.

It's possible I could do an art deco base for the graphics for someone else to then work with but there's no way I can put together the entire list.
Old lappy is the only thing I can do art stuff on, and it crashes sporadically...

Lemme know if help is needed and I'll do my best.
Fix the old laptop. It ain't hard, unless you've dropped it or got it wet. I bet my computer is older than your laptop. See if you fix it, you can do all the graphics

I think, if nobody else is especially keen, and I do end up either curating or co-curating, I'll at least take a crack. I do have a bunch of existing site elements to work with so it might not be a big thing, but yeah, I would at minimum need some help actually getting all the specifics onto the things. Though I might be able to build a custom code into the forum to use plain text for a lot of it...

Ruh roh my mind's already starting to solve a problem I don't have yet.

It be cool if you had us MoFos contribute some, there's lots of ways that could be done and I gather people want to be a part of it!

It's a Windows 7 machine, and probably has a virus or two, doesn't update properly, and runs hot all the time
I got a new laptop now, but no pic editing... relying on an old machine for graphics.

It's a Windows 7 machine, and probably has a virus or two, doesn't update properly, and runs hot all the time
I got a new laptop now, but no pic editing... relying on an old machine for graphics.
I had W7 and it get screwed up so I put a Linux distro on it. I did that to my old computer and it brought new life. Then I used WINE to install Photoshop. Works sweet...Even my wife who's not a computer person readily adapted to Linux.