Jordan Peele's Us

Tools    

I've been anticipating an announcement by Oscar winning screenwriter and director Jordan Peele about what his follow-up to Get Out will be.

Well, it's finally been revealed.

And it's another original and provocative horror thriller titled "Us". So far, Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o, Elisabeth Moss, and Black Panther's Winston Duke have been confirmed as cast members.

Peele has stated that he wants his sophomore effort to be like a Hitchcock movie.

"Us" is slated for a 2019 release.

Needless to say, Peele, aside from being a really funny comedian, has quickly become one of my favorite writer/directors, so I'm very excited for his next project and all of his future projects!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...154115440.html
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Obviously we don't know much, but the Hitchcock thing seems smart. The parts of Get Out that have stayed with me the most are the sense of dread and all the underlying tension, so I'm all for another thriller.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I generally dislike it when a film-director says their film will be like a "Hitchcock" feature, simply because I feel like it has become a catch-all phrase that every horror director uses when they want to establish that their film will be a "higher standard" above general horror affair. Regardless, I liked Get Out, I like Jordan Peele, I'm looking for to it.

This might just do nobody any good.
mother! 2? “mothers!”?

A mother (Lupita Nyong’o) and a father (Winston Duke) take their kids to their beach house expecting to unplug and unwind with friends (including Elizabeth Moss). But as night descends, their serenity turns to tension and chaos when some shocking visitors arrive uninvited.
https://www.slashfilm.com/jordan-pee...plot-synopsis/

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/09/...in-santa-cruz/

WHY DIDN'T ANY OF YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS

I COULD HAVE MET JORDAN PEELE AND GET HIM TO FUND MY FIRST HORROR FILM

MY LIFE IS RUINED AND ITS ALL YOUR FAULT MOVIE FORUMS

Us is my third most-anticipated movie of 2019, right behind Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and Scorsese's The Irishman.

To me, Peele is in a league with the film-making greats already, and he's only done one film.

Looks PHENOMENAL. Also looks mostly shot here in Santa Cruz. DAMMIT MOFO!!!!!!

Maybe I am forgetting something, but off the top of my head this is now my most anticipated movie of 2019.

Welcome to the human race...
Consider me hyped and ready to put even more effort into disregarding spoilers than I did with Get Out (and that wasn't easy considering how long it took for that to drop here).

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
It has to be the Christmas Heinie's right? Jordan Peele has so much momentum behind him. He has gotten ZERO mainstream bad press. I wasn't really impressed with Get Out. Horrorish? movies aren't my thing.

This is gonna be good. Nah, who am I kidding. It's just cuz he used the greatest sample of all time in the trailer. It has to be the beer. I haven't gotten that excited from a trailer in a while.

Maybe I am forgetting something, but off the top of my head this is now my most anticipated movie of 2019.

Yeah it's fairly high in my top ten

1. Quentin Tarrantino Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
2. Martin Scorsese The Irishman
3. Josh Boone, New Mutants
4. Dean Deblois, How To Train Your Dragon the Hidden World
5. Robert Eggers, The Lighthouse
6. Jordan Peele, Us
7. Rian Johnson, Knives Out
8. Nicholas McCarthy, The Prodigy
9. Sam Mendes, 1917
10. Russo Brothers, Avengers Endgame

Oh wait, forgot about The Lighthouse. Sorry, Peele! You'll have to be 2.