The Poughkeepsie Tapes - DVD/Blueray Release

Tools    

It only took a decade, but The Poughkeepsie Tapes (2007) is finally getting a DVD/Bluray release.

Those of you who are unfamiliar, The Poughkeepsie Tapes is a found footage/mockumentary horror film where the home movies of a serial killer are found. It had a troubling release, with it being promoted in 2007, but wasn't officially released on VOD until 2014. I was able to download a copy on limewire and watch it back in 07 (as if I needed to date that).

The trailer for the movie freaked me the **** out.

While the movie itself isn't scary, it is one that always stayed with me. There are really no jump scares in the film, it's just down right unsettling. At the same time, this movie isn't really one to write home about, but I always felt, with the slew of found footage horror movies that have been released, that this one never got a fair shake. I'll probably be investing in a copy when its released in October later this year.

I watched it and I very rarely watch films as dark as this or I turn them off before the end, I didn't find this very disturbing and actually can only remember clearly two scenes from the whole film