True Lies 2

Tools    

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
Arnold Schwarzenegger has indicated several times before that TL2 is on its way but 9/11 put a halt on things by causing problems with the story. Now at last he's elaborated on the details in an interview with IGN Filmforce - "The script is written, but as you know, after 9/11 happened, Cameron was worried because there's an airplane scene - a terrific airplane scene - that didn't have anything to do with the terrorism that we had in 9/11, but it was a great fight scene inside the plane while the plane goes down and this kind of thing. It was a very important moment in the movie, and he felt like he can't do that and therefore has to rewrite it ... These things take a long time".

This is interesting. Last month I saw a quote from Bill Paxton who talked to James Cameron about True Lies 2 during the making of Ghosts of the Abyss. According to Paxton, James Cameron said "There will NEVER be a True Lies 2 . We simply aren't going to make it".

I guess we'll have to see. I loved the first one and am hoping the make another one. I can't believe they would stall the entire movie for years because of one scene. How hard is it to rewrite something different? Strange that James Cameron hasn't directed a feature film in over 5 years.

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
James Cameron also said that there was never going to be a third Terminator movie and looked what happened

I think it would be a perfect sequal. the end of the first movie is a perfect place to pick up from and the married couple as a spy duo....comedy as well as action i am seeing. go to the cinimar u must....Lol yoda style coversation there (ps. can anyone tell me how to put pictures and quotes on at the bottom and sides of posts cos im a forum newbie!!!)

Never conform, never compromise....
Originally Posted by sphericthor
James Cameron also said that there was never going to be a third Terminator movie and looked what happened

yeah, but did Camerven have anything to do with T3. i know he did not direct it, but was he a producer??
- Corey Taylor (2002)

The King of Horror
Hey guys if they are going to make a TL2 is Tom Aronld going to be in it??

Bad News those who are lookin forward to TL2: There won't be one

From comingsoon.net
"'True Lies 2' will never get made. Never happen," says Curtis. "You know why? I found out why. Because terrorists aren't funny anymore. They never were, but, it was distant enough from our psyche that we could make it funny. It'll never be funny again. I just think that that is over, that kind of humor is over."

It sounds like they were all ready to go for another one, however. "I found this out only recently, because I never understood why, thinking, this is weird, why aren't we doing it? Because we had the big meeting, I thought we were gonna make it, it was all heading down that road. We literally had the big dinner, we all got together and it was a big thumbs up and lets do this and blah, blah, blah. And then, September 11th happened, and then, I mean obviously. I finally asked, I said, 'What really happened'. Jim and Ray and Arnold all felt that. If someone had ever asked me, I would've agreed with them. You can't do that again. You just can't make that threat funny."

Considering the project was close to kicking-off, what else could the sequel be about other than terrorists? "Unless they come up with some sort of businessman, make it about Republican businessmen who are evil, and then, you know, then we can make it. Maybe they'll make it about...I know, an American presidency, with kind of, I know, and we'll have the guy not be so bright, oh, that's great!"

Seriously now Jamie! "No, instead I think if they do that, then they'll probably call and say they have another idea, but based on the original concede, it'll be that somehow a bad guy group is doing something bad to humanity and the world."

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Darn.

REALLY BIG darn.

The King of Horror
what are u talking about terrisum not being funny even thought 911 happend it is still funny and besides in the first one it wasn't the bad guys being funny it was Tom that was the most funny in that movie
ex "'Hey how come I always got to stay in the van next time ur staying in the van" :D

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I think the whole point is that they couldn't make a new movie funny.

Silly, and sad.

I wonder if production will be pushed back now that hes running for governor and all.

I'm sure there is still a chance on True Lies 2 coming through for us, but the whole terrorism issue will certainly make it 50/50 at this point. I truly enjoyed the first so I hope it eventually gets made.

curtis is ignorant, is she tryin to say terrorism was acceptable as humour and ok to laugh at untill it was the USA's turn? ugh

i guess i really liked the original, and ofc there is nothing now in 2018 that there will be a new sequel, but for me one of the best action movies in the 90s i guess

A system of cells interlinked

i guess i really liked the original, and ofc there is nothing now in 2018 that there will be a new sequel, but for me one of the best action movies in the 90s i guess
JUST.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Would 9/11 really have put a halt on the story though? There have been plenty of action movies with terrorists in since then.