Captain Marvel

Tools    

Maybe I'll be wrong but I think it will be solid.
This is exactly what I thought when the first trailer for Wonder Woman was released. There are few parts of the editing and effects that aren't polished until the release of the movie itself.

Boldly going.
Yeah, but in those examples there's a context involved that does or doesn't justify it - John Ruth definitely isn't a hero so much as a self-righteous brute and Daisy's villainous nature does little (if anything) to justify his treatment of her, while Hellboy also has the "monster in disguise" thing to fall back on.
It's about who's getting hit than who's doing the hitting. You're failing to ask why it's acceptable for Captain Marvel to hit an old lady on a bus. Is it because Captain Marvel is a woman? If Wonder Woman or Black Widow hit an old woman on a bus in a trailer, we'd be like- WTF?! I'd say that elder-abuse is just as unacceptable today as male brutality! It's because we know the old woman's a skrull that it's acceptable. The studio knows that fans are well-informed now and made the bold choice to put that in the trailer ... and I think that's marvel-lous.

Welcome to the human race...
I never asked that question because I already reached the exact same conclusion that you did because the trailer implies it so god-damn heavily. I'm just not sure why you brought Hateful Eight into it because there's no "hero hitting evil creature in disguise" involved - it's quite literally a man beating up a woman and, as I noted, he's not a hero.

Boldly going.
I never asked that question because I already reached the exact same conclusion that you did because the trailer implies it so god-damn heavily. I'm just not sure why you brought Hateful Eight into it because there's no "hero hitting evil creature in disguise" involved - it's quite literally a man beating up a woman and, as I noted, he's not a hero.
I didn't feel any sympathy for Daisy, and I don't think we were meant to.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Still meh on this. I think it will open around Ant-Man & Wasp / Dr. Strange numbers.

Suspect's Reviews

I think somewhere in the middle of these and BP
If you're referring to Black Panther, that is a really wide margin there pal.
OK, forgot BP was astronomically high
It'll be triple digits anyways

A system of cells interlinked
I like this trailer more than the last.

Of course it'll be big, I mean, considering Captain Marvel was called into action by Fury because of the outcome of Infinity War, people are gonna be stoked enough to see where this one is going as a lead-up to Avengers 4.

If they base this character off of Carol Danvers and if they actually follow the entire comic-book history this character has gone through from the 70s on her backstory would make the most jaded moviegoers jaw just drop. Her life was so rough that it made Jessica Jones look like Candyland.