You wanna see something REALLY scary?

Tools    

You wanna see something REALLY scary?

In 1983, four acclaimed directors combined to put Twilight Zone: The Movie into theaters. John Landis, Steven Spielberg, Joe Dante and George Miller each directed one of four separate segments, bridged together into a single movie via bookend sequences that feature Dan Ackroyd and his classic quote, "You wanna see something REALLY scary?"

Unfortunately, a tragically scary thing occurred during the filming of this movie: actor Vic Morrow, the star of the first segment, lost his life in a helicopter accident on the set; two child actors also died at the same time during that incident. Nevertheless, the 101-minute feature went on to appear in theaters to great fan acclaim, with a cast that included (in roles both large and small) Morrow, Ackroyd, Albert Brooks, John Larroquette, Scatman Crothers, Selma Diamond, Priscilla Pointer, Kathleen Quinlan, Nancy Cartwright, Dick Miller, Bill Mumy, John Lithgow, Donna Dixon, Carol Serling, and narrator Burgess Meredith. Lithgow was especially praised for his reenactment of William Shatner's part in the remake of "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet".

Fans of The Twilight Zone have been anticipating a DVD release of The Movie for many years, one the fans (including me) have been waiting for this for a long, long time!

Warner Home Video will release Twilight Zone: The Movie on DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and HD DVD formats on October 9th. The DVD version will be $19.97 SRP, as you can see below with the early cover art (subject to change).

I loved this movie growing up. I had no idea about that accident.

Thanks for the heads up.

Movie Forums Critic
hey I love this show, a wired place and very mind boggling

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Oooh...Oooh...I do!! I wanna see something scary!!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I wonder how many fatal accidents happen on "normal" movie sets compared to others like this and The Omen and so on...

I'll have to see this to see Nancy Cartwright!

an excellent book about the events surrounding the Vic Morrow tragedy:

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I wanna see something scary for a change rather than the usual tat that people say are scary.

Movie Forums Extra
Thats great thank you so much for sharing

It is difficult to define scary. I've seen some blood splattered films which were not scary and films like the Fall of the House of Usher where it is mostly left to the imagination which at the time I thought was very scary. I did not find the Twilight Zone movie scary (which I have on VHS.)

I thought Hostel 1 was well done and it will be a classic one day.

A system of cells interlinked
Hostel was laughably bad. No really - I pointed and laughed at one of the "horror" scenes, which was so poorly done and over-the-top, I had to wonder if the film was in the wrong section, instead being a parody/comedy of horror. Nope, they were serious.

The line JRS quoted above is an infamous line from The Twilight Zone, and I don't think he was commenting on how scary the film was. The line was featured in the brief opening sequence of the film, before the four main stories started.